Call of Duty or Medal of Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty or Medal of Honor

The title says it all. Also could you explain why you picked your choice.
    Call of Duty
    73.08%
    Medal of Honor
    26.92%
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

I played all of the MOHs when they came out; they far eclipsed Day of Defeat for singleplay. RtCW beat out DoD single player (obviously) but I never was able to play it multiplayer... then CoD came out and de-throned MOH. MOH:Pacific introduced some nice features, but IMO didn't outdo CoD. The CoD2 came out... debate over... Red Orchestra is supposed to get a good foot in the door too (haven't got it though).

Ranking them SP: CoD2, CoD, MOH, BF1942, RtCW (the undead thing kills it)
    Ranking them MP: BF1942, DoD, RtCW (I haven't played CoD or CoD2 MP)
    Last edited by chrisvalla; 13 Jul 06, 22:35.
    If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

COD for me too. MOH never really caught my attention that much.
      I still play online COD:UO cause I love the tank battles. Will maybe
      switch to COD2 when they get tanks. RO is great playing in single
      mode but multiplayer seems to have too many bugs using that STEAM
      system they have...

JIM
      If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
      RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

I would say CoD too.I've played most of the MoH series and recently started playing CoD titles and prefer the latter.Then again it just might be because the MoH series is getting stale to me after all these years.

Now the games i would truly reccomend over these would be the Brothers in Arms series.I have issues with some of the gameplay elements such as taking out tanks,since the game prides itself in its realism,but overall its a different kind of gaming experience compared to most FPS and the second game improved somewhat on the first and Hells Highway looks like it might be even better.

Comment

Hard Question. But I would have to say Call of Duty. The combat is far more intense. I thought perhaps we should include Brothers In Arms in the poll. That game blows both Call of Duty and Metal of Honor away (pun intended or not).

Comment

Brothers in Arms.... Its killed CoD and MoH in my eyes.... The fact that I can actually command troops with some ability is amazing....

I'll still play CoD and MoH, they just are my super favorites anymore....
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

CoD for me. Granted, I have only played the demo for MoH games - but I don't like what I have played of the series and I really like CoD. CoD 1 MP was pretty good back in the day....loved the maps.
              "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
              - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
              - Winston Churchill

Comment

MoH:Frontline, First level alone is enough.

CoD:BR1 is 2nd.
                Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

Comment

Medal of Honor Pacific has so many lame heroics such as carrying wounded comrades or shooting down hordes of Zeke fighters (with a submachine gun) that it frustrates and interferes with the gaming experience. Hordes of enemy infantry charge you like a wilderbeast stampede.

I deleted the game and returned it to the store after trying a couple missions which is highly unusual for me because usually if I see a good shooter I'll play it untill the end of the story.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                  --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Medal of Honor Allied Assault for me, I've been playing it since it came out and now make maps for it. Medal of Honor AA could be so much better if EA games had more support for it, but they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
                      Medal of Honor Pacific has so many lame heroics such as carrying wounded comrades or shooting down hordes of Zeke fighters (with a submachine gun) that it frustrates and interferes with the gaming experience. Hordes of enemy infantry charge you like a wilderbeast stampede.

I deleted the game and returned it to the store after trying a couple missions which is highly unusual for me because usually if I see a good shooter I'll play it untill the end of the story.
                      I mostly agree. Rising Sun was not very good. But I like the bayonet charges and Japanese troops popping out of the ground. I found that your pistol was your best friend. I did find that the subplot about the Japanese admiral's gold or whatever was dumb. Also I thought the last levels on the aircraft carrier were easier than level toward the beginning. Seemed kinda backward.

Comment

It does get a little repetative being a solitary OSS master spy and infiltrator sometimes. Just being a grunt who has to do the real dirty work with little or no recognition makes it a little more real for me.

Call of DUty
                        "Yellowstain!"

Comment

I will say when the first medal of honors came out the were kinda gay cause it was just you fighting but now they are much better because it is not just you.
                          I got your name
                          I got your ass
                          You will not laugh
                          You will not cry

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Medal of Honor was great multiplayer until all the cheating came out and no punkbuster. So COD2 but it is more run and gun. Atleast in MOH I could play sniper.

Any one heard when tanks will be added to COD2 for multi?
                            Are we there yet?

Comment

Call of Duty is the best game IMO. Moh got scared because they saw how much better Cod was and copied them with european assualt. The first 2 Mohs I played were frontline and rising sun and they blew my mind. But when COD came out I thought why the hell am I playing Moh and ever since then Iv been a diehard COD fan in general.

BTW I have played brothers in arms and I am not impressed. I never really got how to supress the enemy and charge them and most of the times I got the 2 commands mixed up and it ended up ending 3 hours of hard strategy. Its not fun seeing your troops charge 4 machinegun nests supported by mortars and infatry everywhere get slaughtered. Ever since then I dont play BOA much.
                              Last edited by TheGrandArmee; 29 Jul 06, 21:38.
                              He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.
                              --Napoleon Bonaparte

Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets. --Napoleon Bonaparte

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. --Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X