Prey Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prey Demo

Has anyone tried ou the new Prey demo? ( http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8998 ) I'm not as big of an FPS player as I used to be (CS1.6, DoD, and BF42 were the only ones that I played past a month), but this demo really got me excited for the game! The level design and the interactivity you have with it is pretty awesome, although I found the multiplay somewhat uninteresting. I think it comes out July 10, a long wait... but don't miss out on the demo!!!!!
    "If we have to give these bastards our lives, we give them hell before we do! " - Cpt. Mifune, The Matrix Revolutions

All right, I was going to wait a bit to bring this up.

My opinion: This is an amazing shooter.

Graphics: Amazing.

Physics: Astounding.

Action: Best I've seen.

I also played the multiplayer a bit, and while it doesn't equal the best I've ever played - the weird changing gravity action is awesome.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I agree, the gravity puzzles were great and I can't wait to see more of them in the full version. Also, I hope we didn't just play through the first levels of the game....
      "If we have to give these bastards our lives, we give them hell before we do! " - Cpt. Mifune, The Matrix Revolutions

Comment

From what I gather, we did. That's the beginning x amount of the game (it was a long demo, so I wouldn't expect to be a large portion of game but it was the beginning of the game).

I played it for a while tonight again (a little drunk... don't drink and deathmatch kids), and I must say, it's some of the most fun I've had in deathmatch action in a long time. It plays very fast, and the gravity stuff is extremely interesting in multiplayer. I definitely plan to pick up this game as soon as it comes out.
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

This just in: Multiprey is GOLD! I played a couple rounds with a friend of mine (i pwnd of course), and the gravity makes every level insanely hard to have a two player games . Nevertheless, awesome multiplay experience, can't wait for the full game!

Comment

SOrry to ask a dumb question, but they aren't making this for orignial Xbox, are they?
            "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Originally posted by RapierFighter
              SOrry to ask a dumb question, but they aren't making this for orignial Xbox, are they?
              No, they aren't unfortunately.
              Signing out.

Comment

Having played the final game, I can say it is quite fun!

The gravity puzzles are a great deal of fun, but there are not enough of them imho.

My favorite aspect of the game was the respawn 'soul walking' mode, where when you died your soul would defend your body from these evil spirits in the after life. For each spirit you killed, you would respawn with more health, but each spirit missed would take away from your final total.

This in effect means you never 'die', and I never had to load from a previous saved point, streamlining the game immensly.

Prey also gets bonus kudos for having such a freaky atmosphere that was truly disturbing at some points, but was much less horror movie orriented than Doom 3 and FEAR (both fine games).

All in all, a definate 4/5 stars on the DoD o' Meter.

Now all I am waiting for is Company of Heroes and Medieval Total War II! *glee*

Comment

Working...
                X