Medal of Honor: Airborne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
    I don't think the issue was that it's not uncommon, it's having to rely on it. It just smacks of shoddy development and lack of concern for customers. Why pay $50 to early adopt a buggy piece of software?
    I agree 100% with that!!

Comment

But if the Devs are NOT gamers, how would they know????

JIM
      If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
      RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

Can you be a game developer and not be a gamer?? I guess it would depend on what part of the developing process they might be part of, but i highly doubt it.

My biggest compliant with this game is the performance. I can run this game on medium settings, but at 1024x768, and it looks like crap. And, i'm still only getting maybe 20 fps. If this was a DX10 only game, then i could understand, but it's not.

So, does anyone want a slightly used copy of MoHA for only $30 bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
          Can you be a game developer and not be a gamer?? I guess it would depend on what part of the developing process they might be part of, but i highly doubt it.

My biggest compliant with this game is the performance. I can run this game on medium settings, but at 1024x768, and it looks like crap. And, i'm still only getting maybe 20 fps. If this was a DX10 only game, then i could understand, but it's not.

So, does anyone want a slightly used copy of MoHA for only $30 bucks?
          I not sure what kind of hardware your box has, but I'm running it on full settings at 1280X1024 with a stable 50-65+ FPS, and it looks great. Me thinks it's time you upgrade.

Comment

Who wants it

I bought this game and it is not what I had in mind. If anyone wants it make an offer. It runs fine on my PC...I am just disappointed in it.

Chad
            "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

A Gamespy review of this game:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-ho.../820348p1.html

JIM
              RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

Oh, man! I just played the demo for this game on my friend's 360 and I feel like crying because I'm still playing PS2. The graphics were great, the sound was good, and I like how much of the map was open for exploration (i.e. I could run through most of the buildings and climb onto rooftops). I guess I just have to convince my friend to buy it so I can play it at his house.

Now, because the Bank o' Charlie is running a little low at the moment (now that I'm back in school and don't have a job), do any of you reccommend the last two Medal of Honor games for PS2? I'm not big on playing online anymore, so I don't care that they are only singleplayer. Also, does anyone reccommend COD 3 for PS2? Maybe I'll make a trip to Gamestop and buy a couple of used WW2 games. And I've played the Brothers in Arms series to death so don't even bother telling me to get that.
                To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
                -Werner Pluskat

Comment

Originally posted by C.M. Ansley View Post
                  Oh, man! I just played the demo for this game on my friend's 360 and I feel like crying because I'm still playing PS2. The graphics were great, the sound was good, and I like how much of the map was open for exploration (i.e. I could run through most of the buildings and climb onto rooftops). I guess I just have to convince my friend to buy it so I can play it at his house.

Now, because the Bank o' Charlie is running a little low at the moment (now that I'm back in school and don't have a job), do any of you reccommend the last two Medal of Honor games for PS2? I'm not big on playing online anymore, so I don't care that they are only singleplayer. Also, does anyone reccommend COD 3 for PS2? Maybe I'll make a trip to Gamestop and buy a couple of used WW2 games. And I've played the Brothers in Arms series to death so don't even bother telling me to get that.
                  I don't play on a kiddie console, mate. Just kidding, I do own a 360, however, it's not my choice for military-themed FPS games.

Dead Rising is one hell of a game...

Comment

Dead Rising is an excellent game, and would recommend that over Airborne anyday.

Comment

A major patch (1.2) has just been released for MOH:A, get it here:

http://files.filefront.com/Medal+of+.../fileinfo.html

JIM
                      RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

Medal of Honor: Airborne

I have played Medal of Honor: Airborne on a DELL PC, and it didn't really work, the gameplay is great, but the glitches abounded so much, and downloaded so many patches for it, that i've given up playing it.
                        Good game for a console though.....
                        Stick with Call of Duty!
                        "The Objective in war is not to die for your country, but to make the other (guy) die for his." - PATTON
                        "If Emily Post doesn't work, try Sigmund Freud." - Hogan

Comment

I'm playing Medal of Honor: Vanguard (the PS2 knock off for MOH:Airborne).

It's very good. Control over your parachute while landing, good AI on both sides of the battle, and a decent storyline, instead of the Call of Duty style of bouncing around playing other characters.

The Glider ride was pretty cool too, shows the kind of balls those guys had. The best outcome, after all, is a crash landing...
                          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Bought this a week ago, played and completed it in five hours. $9.99..worth every penny...

The concept is innovative- but the execution is just so-so. Jump out an C-47 and land anywhere you want with fellow troopers. But the maps are somewhat small and the enemy troops (some 200 or so each of the six maps) generally do the 'spawning' thing. The AI is a disappointment and overall this game definitely seems to have suffered from a limited budget. The entire game is filled with repetitive infantry combat with small arms. There is no storyline and no real operational vehicles in the game.

It's like the old classic MOH Frontline but with better graphics and some minor modernizations like sprint, hand to hand, etc. Just like MOH:F, the hit detection is awful, just plain awful.

The only standout sets are two: one that features uphill trench fighting (D-day) and another that features street & house to house fighting (Market Garden).
                            Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                            Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                            Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                            Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X