Next two Call of Dutys leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next two Call of Dutys leaked

This was announced awile ago but here it is.

We've heard from a reliable source what the next two Call of Duty titles will be about: one will focus on the Normandy Breakout campaign in WWII, while the other moves into the modern age, taking the fight to Middle Eastern terrorists. Yikes!

The big release news is that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the other WWII-themed game will be released for PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox, and Xbox 360--and they will be released only 3 months apart from one another. This would follow the pattern of releases for Call of Duty 2 on the PC and 360 and Call of Duty 2: Big Red One on current-gen consoles, only this time both would be released on both generations of hardware (minus the GameCube and Revolution).

What follows below are brief descriptions of each title, though Infinity Ward was explicitly fingered as the developer of Modern Warfare, while the as-yet untitled WWII game had no such designation. This would lead us to believe that "CoD 3" (or whatever that WWII game ends up being called) is being produced by Big Red One dev Treyarch. Whatever the case may be, just remember, folks: you heard about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare here first!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, as we stated before, moves the Call of Duty franchise into the modern era, where you'll serve as part of the U.S. Army, U.S. Marines, and British S.A.S. to take on terrorists loyal to an aggressive Middle Eastern dictator. This war on terror must be fought all over the world--in locations as diverse as vessels at sea in the North Atlantic, secret terrorist cells in London, the urban streets of Eastern Europe, and, of course, the Middle East--as you try to stop a terrorist coalition from using its deadly chemical arsenal.

As a pilot in an Army attack helicopter, you'll fly over cratered urban environments--with rocket-propelled grenades to boot--before you rope down as part of a Marine platoon to engage in close-quarters combat in a very different (yet oddly familiar) sort of environment from Call of Duty 2. It's in this door-to-door implementation of battle that similarities to Rainbow Six 3 and Splinter Cell start to become apparent as you fight in squads, rappel down walls, and clear rooms with silenced guns, tear gas, flashbangs, and various specialized goggles. That doesn't prevent you from utilizing all manner of authentic modern weaponry, however, including automatic grenade launchers, mines, and machine guns.

Modern Warfare will also feature deformable environments, where you can kick down and blow up doors, or take it to another next level with destructible walls, roads, buildings, and bridges. You'll also be able to block doors with heavy obstacles like vehicles or furniture and block windows from grenades with a little chicken wire. But you're not just limited to shooting what's within your (fire)arm's reach: you can call in and laser-sight air strikes to knock out those pesky enemy tanks and sniper's nests, too. Now that's what friends are for.

The next Call of Duty World War II-based title will return gamers to the battlefields of Normandy as the Allies take on Nazi Germany to drive them out of France once and for all. This time around, American and British forces are joined by Canadian troops, Polish tanks, and French freedom fighters in a reenactment of the bloody Normandy Breakout campaign spearheaded during the summer of 1944. In the push to Paris, you'll get to choose how you approach each mission, free of menu screens and jarring non-interactive cut-scenes.

You'll also get to try your hand at a number of different roles in the Allied assault, including parachute drops and commando raids with the S.A.S. Powerful tanks will become part of your vehicular arsenal, as will jeeps and sidecar-enabled motorcycles--even in multiplayer mode. Bazookas and sticky bombs temper the advantage of armor, but at least you and a friend will be able to drive and shoot cooperatively in a trusty tank.

In addition to bringing the innovations of Call of Duty 2 along for the ride, the new WWII game will run on a new physics engine and context-sensitive battle-chatter system. Another system being added concerns Battlefield Actions where you'll push specific button combinations to pull off sprinting-to-cover, trap-disarming, and artillery-avoidance (aka dodging) maneuvers. (Tricky? Or gimmicky?)

Comments welcome
    Last edited by No_Nickname; 30 Apr 06, 19:00.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

I'm still working my way through CoD2,these games can be insane.I can't count how many times i've reached berserker mode,yelling at the computer,flinging 'mashers,and gunning everything.....and still they come.I love it!
    i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

argh, more WWII games.

Comment

You know this game could be set at any time,anywhere i'd still play it.click that puppy on a hard mode,grip some keys and get with it!
        i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

WW2 COD3 ! As long as it has tanks and big guns, I will like it.
          COD2 has none of those and thats why I still play COD:UO
          As for the modern version, I will have to see a demo on it.
          I still pefer WW2 to modern just because of the simplistic nature.

JIM
          If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
          RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

I try to rent the games that I want before I buy them so I don't waste my money if I don't like it , but this is extremely hard for computer games.
            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

Comment

I am still waiting for the Rodger's Rangers version.

Seriously though CD2 was so short in play time relative to the price tag I am debating wether I want to do that again.
              Boston Strong!

Comment

LOL well I'll be waiting I guess...

But I read an article that developers are starting to look at shorter games... I dunno what this will mean to the consumer. I mean yeah it'll help balance development costs and such but who wants to buy 3 games to play one story that last like 8-9 hours a game... I'll stick with FarCry and such... Maybe if they make it easily moddable that would be cool... then there'd be unlimited replayability..
                The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                  LOL well I'll be waiting I guess...

But I read an article that developers are starting to look at shorter games... I dunno what this will mean to the consumer. I mean yeah it'll help balance development costs and such but who wants to buy 3 games to play one story that last like 8-9 hours a game... I'll stick with FarCry and such... Maybe if they make it easily moddable that would be cool... then there'd be unlimited replayability..
                  In my mind if the game doesn't yeild at least as many hours of play as it costs in dollars it is a bad deal. Trouble with COD is they have gone over to the on-line play side and see the solo mode just as a way to draw us suckers in. My schedule is just so eratic and I have had som many bad on-line experiences I am turned off to that whole genre.
                  Boston Strong!

Comment

Originally posted by JSMoss
                    In my mind if the game doesn't yeild at least as many hours of play as it costs in dollars it is a bad deal. Trouble with COD is they have gone over to the on-line play side and see the solo mode just as a way to draw us suckers in. My schedule is just so eratic and I have had som many bad on-line experiences I am turned off to that whole genre.
                    I disagree.

My method is this.

A $16 movie (a new release at most stores) has between an hour and a half to two and a half hours of entertainment on it (ignoring special features that I always want but never watch). So basically the cost equivalent range for a roughly $50 game would be four and a half to seven and a half hours of gameplay.
                    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                      I disagree.

My method is this.

A $16 movie (a new release at most stores) has between an hour and a half to two and a half hours of entertainment on it (ignoring special features that I always want but never watch). So basically the cost equivalent range for a roughly $50 game would be four and a half to seven and a half hours of gameplay.
                      If no one was meeting my standard I would agree but, the fact is there are plenty of good games out their that meet the one to one rule. Use the genre you are evaluting, crossing genre does not justify not meeting the standard others have already set.
                      Boston Strong!

Comment

I haven't finished the first CoD yet. I suck.
                        AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                        The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by JSMoss
                          If no one was meeting my standard I would agree but, the fact is there are plenty of good games out their that meet the one to one rule. Use the genre you are evaluting, crossing genre does not justify not meeting the standard others have already set.
                          But the problem is, it's rare to find a game that meets those standards of any redeeming value. And it's typically limited to certain types of games. RPGs will have long run times, and wargames and strategy type titles work a bit differently. FPS's typically follow a more cinematic approach to story-telling and flow. It's rather difficult to find a modern good FPS that goes over 10 or so hours.
                          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Tactical FPS or simulation games are great for online MP.
                            I have had many hours of fun playing COD:UO,RO,SH2/DC
                            and SH3. Some friends of mine are avid flyers in IL2.
                            The larger strategic game I use for single player although
                            I wouldn't mine getting into HOI2DD in multiplayer but it takes
                            weeks to play 1 game with those kind. Of course, historical
                            reality is a must for me. The closer it is, the better I like it.
                            The kids can play with their monsters and magic, I won't no part
                            of those kind of games...

JIM
                            If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
                            RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by FAdmiral
                              Tactical FPS or simulation games are great for online MP.
                              I have had many hours of fun playing COD:UO,RO,SH2/DC
                              and SH3. Some friends of mine are avid flyers in IL2.
                              The larger strategic game I use for single player although
                              I wouldn't mine getting into HOI2DD in multiplayer but it takes
                              weeks to play 1 game with those kind. Of course, historical
                              reality is a must for me. The closer it is, the better I like it.
                              The kids can play with their monsters and magic, I won't no part
                              of those kind of games...

JIM
                              I agree

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X