Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal Of Honor

anyone play medal of honor european assault

MoH:AA is the reason i now play games online. so many fond memories...

Comment

The most recent Medal of Honor game I have played is Pacific Assault, I loved the game, the game seemed to be fairely historically accurate from my point of view, with a few allowances allowed for the fact it is a game

Comment

It's the only FPS I play online. I use the Spearhead expansion pack, as this seems to be the most commonly played one (few people seems to play the Breakthrough maps).

My online nick is Track_Attacker_[DK], is case anyone bumps into me online
        Panzerworld
        Preserved Military Vehicle Registry Project More than 1000 Second World War-era museum vehicles on record

Comment

I have MoH:AA with my older computer stuff, but i only have Pacific Assault up here, is it worth getting the older Expansions for Allied Assault if I can find them at a local EB or something

Comment

I've got MOH for PS1,European Assault-Which I [U]suck[U]at. and just got MOH:Rising sun,which is pretty cool.

There was also a PS1 MOH where you play as partisan fighting Germans. (cant miss the box: the female Maquis is sporting a circa-1970 LAW rocket. )
            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

European Assault

I think I dug it better than Allied Assault. It got a little hokey, what with the adrenaline meter and the revives, but it was pretty cool. Unlike the other MOH games, you can aim down the sight (which I regard as a cool feature) and we get to see Manon Batiste again. I swear, she's gonna hook up with Holt. For one thing, he saved her life, and for another, Jimmy Patterson is sort of a goody-two-shoes.

The game was shorter than I would have liked, but the gameplay was fun. I rarely hear anyone else talk about it, so it's nice to hear that someone else plays it.
              "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Xbox

I have European Assault for Xbox. It is definitely better than Rising Sun, but the whole series is excellent. I liked that the battlefield is open and one can chose to complete primary or secondary objectives in any order. You also have very limited squad commands that is lame compared to Brothers in Arms or Full Spectrum Warrior but a nice innovation for Medal of Honor. I need to get a Xbox 360 so I can play Medal of Honor Airborne when it comes out around Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock
                  I have European Assault for Xbox. It is definitely better than Rising Sun, but the whole series is excellent. I liked that the battlefield is open and one can chose to complete primary or secondary objectives in any order. You also have very limited squad commands that is lame compared to Brothers in Arms or Full Spectrum Warrior but a nice innovation for Medal of Honor. I need to get a Xbox 360 so I can play Medal of Honor Airborne when it comes out around Christmas.
                  Yea i like European assault better tha riseing sun to but i cant what until Medaol of honor:aribone comes out.
                  I got your name
                  I got your ass
                  You will not laugh
                  You will not cry

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Just beat Rising sun last week,Anyone know if a sequel is in the works?
                    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long
                      Just beat Rising sun last week,Anyone know if a sequel is in the works?
                      Way back in the day when I played rising sun online, there were rumors of a sequel, but, as the rumors went, EA had some sort problem during the early production and then the rumors of a sequel just dropped off the face of the earth.
                      To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
                      -Werner Pluskat

Comment

Is European Assualt similiar to Pacific Assualt, where there is one semi-central story running through the missions?

Comment

European Assault is based on a new guy, Lieutenant William Holt. He's a little more intense than Jimmy Patterson.

The basics of it are this. Lt. Holt spends most of the war chasing the same guy, a German general named Von Schrader who has been developing a 'dirty bomb' to wipe out (I presume) Allied cities. You follow the trail from 1942 to 1945, everywhere it takes you.

You start as an American observer with the OSS during the British Commando raid on St. Naizaire (Operation Chariot, the mission to destroy porty facilities there and deny its use to the German battleship Tirpitz). While there, you begin uncovering a few things about Von Schrader and his dirty bomb. You later serve with the Desert Rats in North Africa, Russian partisans in Stalingrad, and finally with American forces during the Bulge.

Along the way, while capturing journals of various German officers, you begin to piece together what the bomb is and what it can do. In the meantime, there are other German officers to kill, and other secret weapons to inhibit.

One of the missions is to rescue Manon Batiste, who was the character we played in Medal of Honor Underground, and also served with Lt. Patterson in the original game, and with Lt. Powell in Allied Assault. She's being held by an SS interrogator, and you have to bust her out. This has nothing to do with Von Schrader or his dirty bomb. I took note that it wasn't Patterson or Powell who were assigned to lead the mission to resuce our French minx, so I am firmly of the opinion that it will be Holt who gets her in the sack. Patterson always a goody two-shoes.

I like the game. It's kinda short, but worth it, especially since it's been out a while and isn't that expensive. It is also the first MOH game to use the recent concept of aiming using the iron sights (which helped make the Call of Duty and Brothers in Arms games so cool) rather than a crosshair icon on the screen. Oh, there is cheese in the game (wait til you see the adrenaline meter), but it makes a good edition to the series.

As far as a sequel to Rising Sun, you got me. I liked it a little more than most people. Sgt Joe Griffin, USMC, defend the USS California, the Philippines, serves in a special unit in Guadalcanal (Marine Raiders?) and is then recruited by the OSS where he tries to stop a rogue Japanese Naval officer named Shima from using plundered gold from occupied countries in Asia to pay off a renegade Russian general who will assassinate Stalin and create an alliance between the Japanese, the Germans, and the Russians. Of course, this can't happen.

The ending of the game (a little ambiguous for my tastes) leaves not only room for a sequel, but downright says that the story is not over. I heard rumors, but not much else. I heard that you continue to play Joe Griffin, now on a mission to find the Japanese prison camp holding his brother and break him out. I heard another that states that you play his brother, who breaks out and fights with the Philippine resistance.

It looks like neither will happen. Maybe EA games hoped to correct the deficiencies of Rising Sun with a sequel, or maybe enough time has passed that people are forgetting (right...) and they are hoping to put the whole Rising Sun thing behind them, and they hope with European Assault and the upcoming Airborne will reestablish the MOH series as the leader in World War II fps games.

Time will tell. MOH has solid competition these days. I hear a great many more people talking about what they want in a Call of Duty or Brothers in Arms game than the next Medal of Honor. Maybe people got tired of playing solitary OSS heroes, and like the new games where you play a grunt.

Who knows?
                          "Yellowstain!"

Comment

MoH: European Assault was okay. The russian levels I hate to play though. The Russians have less polygons than anything else, they look like one ugly texture.

Comment

Ugh. The last one I played I think was Pacific Assault in 5th or 6th grade. Sadly the only historical thing I knew that happend was Pearl Harbor, I with my peers who all played it where utterly stupid. I also seem to remember most of them being one man single handedly taking down the third reich and killing just about everyone besdies hitler.

I played MoH:AA, I hated the dogs in the snowy level and could not go past that level. I had lots of problems with dogs as a kid and Im still not very fond of them.
                              yeah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X