Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far Cry 5.

Got this one, anybody else playing it ?

It's fun, a straightforward FPS, seems somewhat unpolished on release though..

Anyone play the previous installations ? How does this one compare ?

The storyline and dialogue appears like a parody at times, with the "preppers", their bunkers and the "Doomsday-scenario-no-one-believed" come true..

It also reminds me Walking Dead at times, driving along the not-so-peaceful US country side, some characters seem to be ported even.

Anybody some comments or a fish story to share
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

I'm really enjoying this game. There's a few bugs to work out, but nothing too serious.

Lots of wacky things happen, especially concerning wild predators.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

The game in general is psychotic, everyone and everthing wants to kill me.

My first session I ended up parking my character at a place called Robert's Cabin, while I went about some household chores, it seeemd safe enough only one door and couple of windows, no one inside.

After about 3 minutes I hear this wild roar and noise of a fight, I return to the game only to find that a cougar had burst into the cabin and had started to tear me apart.

I managed to fight him off and go about my business when only minutes later I hear what I thought was an hot air balloon taking off, I check the game only to find there's this guy with a flamethrower giving it all he's got against the frontdoor, blocking my exit,

I managed to put him down through a window, but his fuel tank exploded in the process, attracting the attention of two of his mates who promptly ran into the flames, caught fire and started running around like headless chickens spreading the fire all around the cabin...

No wonder Robert moved out

This game doesn't really need the missions, just trying to survive the craziness of Montana is difficult enough, it honestly makes GTA look peaceful
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Last night I completed the Peaches mission. Peaches the Cougar was now a companion. She decided to start feeding on a dead peggie in the parking lot. As I started to make my way back to my truck, I heard another cougar pounce on Miss Mable. Peaches didn't react, just kept eating the dead peggie.

After I saved Miss Mable, she stole my truck and drove away, only to abandon it some ways down the road.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Never a boring moment in this game, is there

Comment

Snowgerry,

I have the game but I wish multiplayer had more options. Co op can be fun, but we could use a setting for multiplayer similar to that of Call of Duty WW2 which has team deathmatch, search and destroy and so on.

I'm playing NBK 2k18 more so compared to FC5.

Im willing to give FC5 more of a shot, I have completed a few objectives in FC5, and Im hoping at least to see more of those in game videos as the game goes on.
            Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 12 Apr 18, 15:40.
            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

There is also a debate that violent games such as FC5 should be banned or modified in the USA. A game like MLB The Show 18 or NBA 2k18 have a educational purpose. Otoh it can be argued that violent video games have more negative values compared to anything positive .

Here in the USA, we dont have the same free laws as some of the European countries have where for example prostitution is legal. So here in the US, where backpage has already been shutdown because it allegedly supports the sex trade, what is to stop video games being termed as violent from being banned?

In fact Donald Trump has called for violent video games to be looked into. Consider that Gixxer in 2020.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                There is also a debate that violent games such as FC5 should be banned or modified in the USA. A game like MLB The Show 18 or NBA 2k18 have a educational purpose. Otoh it can be argued that violent video games have more negative values compared to anything positive .

Here in the USA, we dont have the same free laws as some of the European countries have where for example prostitution is legal. So here in the US, where backpage has already been shutdown because it allegedly supports the sex trade, what is to stop video games being termed as violent from being banned?

In fact Donald Trump has called for violent video games to be looked into. Consider that Gixxer in 2020.
                Not worried. And we already have a thread on that subject.
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Snowgerry,

I have the game but I wish multiplayer had more options. Co op can be fun, but we could use a setting for multiplayer similar to that of Call of Duty WW2 which has team deathmatch, search and destroy and so on.
                  That's among other things what I meant with "unpolished" yes - the game could have used a few more months of development imho..

In fact Donald Trump
                  Go away ! Not here also please ...

In regard to in-game violence - this game can be relatively peaceful, once you learn to stay away from the roads and the "hotspots" ...

Only had an hour or so to spend, so I went fishing yesterday - hardly a bullet fired, except to fight off two psychotic wolves
                  Last edited by Snowygerry; 13 Apr 18, 04:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                    That's among other things what I meant with "unpolished" yes - the game could have used a few more months of development imho..

Go away ! Not here also please ...

In regard to in-game violence - this game can be relatively peaceful, once you learn to stay away from the roads and the "hotspots" ...

Only had an hour or so to spend, so I went fishing yesterday - hardly a bullet fired, except to fight off two psychotic wolves
                    I do like the in game videos, I find those to be entertaining.

Thats the POTUS who is the one bringing up violent video games. I do not know where I stand on this issue myself, its a real issue though I support freedom but I will listen to parents whom might not want to see these shooter games in stock.

George S Patton

Comment

I do like the in game videos, I find those to be entertaining.

Thats the POTUS who is the one bringing up violent video games. I do not know where I stand on this issue myself, its a real issue though I support freedom but I will listen to parents whom might not want to see these shooter games in stock.
                      No, troll, you are bringing it up. There is already a thread to address that subject. So cut the s**t.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                        No, troll, you are bringing it up. There is already a thread to address that subject. So cut the s**t.
                        There is no trolling going on here partner. Its freedom of speech prevailing over that axis mindset of telling others how to live their life.

George S Patton

Comment

Currently playing through FC5 and thoroughly enjoying it. Lot's of fun and I enjoy the hunting and fishing aspect too. Trying to catch the winning fish is cool to as long as you find the hard fishing spots. I did think some of the outposts were a little too easy to take out. I was able to snipe the alarm boxes and set up a kill zone with the laser trip wire mines you can make. Was able to take out the outposts easily unlike FC4. Very fun game so far.

Comment

So I decided to fire this up again,

I found myself in Hope county Clinic where I ended the previous session to stock up on med packs and various supplies.

Looking around a bit, I found a medical report on a fellow Zip Kupka (?), roughly it went like this :

Diagnosis : Obstruction of lower body cavity by foreign objects.
                            Therapy : Removal of said foreign objects.
                            Notes : Item 1: Small US American flag – rolled up.
                            Item 2: Small figurine of Lady Liberty.
                            Item 3: Copy of the US constitution – rolled up.
                            Insurance approved : No insurance.

Anyway,

continuing down the road, I ended up in Fall’s End and went into the local bar, where my attention was drawn by a cook doing a rather elaborate animation of vegetable cutting.

I tried to talk to him and he promptly enlisted me to help him organize the yearly Testicle Festival – I kid you not..

Missions included driving a mobile BBQ through hostile territory and killing bulls in a variety of bizar ways in order to "harvest" what they call Prairie Oysters over there..

The entire adventure ended with a party, where I got drunk, passed out, and woke up next morning, among farm animals wearing party hats.

Is it me or is this game just a tad different from what we're used to

It's fairly straightforward FPS, set in a realistic (and very beautifull) rendition of Montana, filled with insane characters and "missions" that seem to parodize traditional games in a way I haven't seen since Postal.

In addition it is full of weird but interesting "Easter Eggs" even if you ignore the "main quest" entirely.

Quite remarkable - were all versions of Far Cry like this ?

Anyone know anything about the producers ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X