Red Orchestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Orchestra

Does anyone still play any of the multiplayer versions, 1 or 2?
    Any other FPS that people play similar to this?
    Last edited by Duncan; 25 Nov 15, 16:02.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

I used to play a lot of Day of Defeat and worked on the CAMP packs. Also did some RO gaming and followed this promising mod that unfortunately petered out: Ham and Jam.
    Not done much gaming in the last couple of years due to other commitments though.

Comment

I am wondering what to delete and what to keep. It would be nice to hook up with some guys for RO or RO2.
      AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
      The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

I used to play a lot of RO 1, by the time 2 came out I had less free time to spend on it and my skills at this incredibly unforgiving game atrophied a bit. That said I didn't like 2 as much as 1. It was prettier but seemed shallower in a lot of ways. I had some if my greatest game experiences in RO 1 and it's mods though.

A Panther and about 15 Germans left on a bridge against about a company's worth (including respawns) of Americans and 5 or 6 Shermans. I'll never forget that win.
        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Wow, this brings back some fond memories.

I was a level designer on the mod team that built Red Orchestra, before it went commercial. One of my maps made it into the commercial release.

Working on that game was the most fun I've had, ever.

And, I agree, RO2 doesn't have the same feeling. I have nothing but love and respect for the Tripwire gang, but I've hardly played any RO2.

Comment

Which map was it, if you don't mind my asking?
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
              Which map was it, if you don't mind my asking?
              It was called "Hedgehog", but they may have renamed it for the official release. I was the odd ball on the crew as I never felt the need to be constrained by real locations/battles.

I was quite proud of that map because when I told people I wanted to make a wide open map set in a rural, collective farm there was a lot of skepticism that it would perform and play well.

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post
                It was called "Hedgehog", but they may have renamed it for the official release. I was the odd ball on the crew as I never felt the need to be constrained by real locations/battles.

I was quite proud of that map because when I told people I wanted to make a wide open map set in a rural, collective farm there was a lot of skepticism that it would perform and play well.
                Ah I remember that map, fun times.

Comment

On sale at steam, got it for like 5 euros. Love it, although I did spend the first few games in total and utter confusion mostly shooting my own guys. Realism is a debatable thing, but this is far more realistic than any other FPS I've come across.

Worth buying:
                  http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/
                  Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                    On sale at steam, got it for like 5 euros. Love it, although I did spend the first few games in total and utter confusion mostly shooting my own guys. Realism is a debatable thing, but this is far more realistic than any other FPS I've come across.
                    Everyone does that when they're new. I remember when we put in the friendly fire kick mechanism. Every time we had a new point release, the first couple of minutes of each game was just a flurry of kick messages.

Comment

Darkest Hour (for Red Orchestra) is the best mod ever !
                      "To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

Comment

I still play RO2/RS and I can't wait for the Vietnam game.

Comment

For those interested search for the mod "Heroes of the West" on Steam. It's completely free and installs hassle free for R02 using Steam workshop. HotW does for RO2 what DH did for RO. British troops have been added along with all conflict specific firearms/weaponry for factions. 6 or so new maps with more to come and always full servers daily

Last edited by WarFilms44; 26 May 16, 13:08.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X