Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for*security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day.*I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place. Awards it one of the only things that have gone away and won't be coming back. that is due to a limitation of the new hosting.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie
- Color/Theme changes
-*Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the*Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below.
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Rising Storm for RO2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Storm for RO2

The devs for Rising Storm, a mod for RO2, have released a multiplayer gameplay video showcasing the battles for New Guinea, Betio, Saipan and Iwo Jima.

What do you guys think? I reckon it looks like it's gonna be good.
    You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

I was very disappointed by RO2, even after they released that mega-patch a few months ago. To me, it felt less like RO2 and more like RO1.5 - in other words, like Tripwire just released a super-mod for RO. Nothing really impressed me; it felt clunky and unpolished.

Now, this vid makes the expansion look much better, but vids are vids (the RO2 vids looked pretty good too). I won't be taking the plunge unless Tripwire has another F2P weekend so I can try it for myself before I buy. Still, I am hoping for the best.
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooks Bailey View Post
      I was very disappointed by RO2, even after they released that mega-patch a few months ago. To me, it felt less like RO2 and more like RO1.5 - in other words, like Tripwire just released a super-mod for RO. Nothing really impressed me; it felt clunky and unpolished.
      That's interesting since those that started with RO1 don't generally consider it a sequel or a successor since they feel it went down the 'casual shooter' route. Hence the classic mode that came with the big patch.

I'd have to agree that it didn't really live up to be a worthy successor. Even then I think it's a lot better than Call of Battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie View Post
        That's interesting since those that started with RO1 don't generally consider it a sequel or a successor since they feel it went down the 'casual shooter' route. Hence the classic mode that came with the big patch.
        Yeah, I can't comment about the game on release, but I played it when the mega-patch was released that included the new classic mode. I only played that mode because I liked the original RO feeling, so I can't really comment on the other modes that shipped with v1.0. However, based on my experiences with classic mode, it felt less like RO2 and more like RO1.5. So, in a sense classic mode did return the game to its roots...but perhaps a bit too far.

I'd have to agree that it didn't really live up to be a worthy successor.
        Unfortunately.

Even then I think it's a lot better than Call of Battlefield.
        Depends on what you are looking for in a shooter I guess. I think all three have carved out a unique niche.
        Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

I'd have to agree. I had the same problems with BIA:HH. It abandoned it's semi-realistic tactical roots to make a more FPS experience. And Furious Four just looks awful.

The RS devs have claimed they are going to do away with classes and weapons xp and try and make it more like Ostfront. If they live up to that, sounds good to me.
          You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Yeah, I can't comment about the game on release, but I played it when the mega-patch was released that included the new classic mode. I only played that mode because I liked the original RO feeling, so I can't really comment on the other modes that shipped with v1.0. However, based on my experiences with classic mode, it felt less like RO2 and more like RO1.5. So, in a sense classic mode did return the game to its roots...but perhaps a bit too far.
            Ah, ok, I see what you mean. I don't think they should have brought back classic but kept the game to one gameplay stetting by keeping the realism mode and ditching the easy one.

The initial release was quite buggy which didn't help either.

Depends on what you are looking for in a shooter I guess. I think all three have carved out a unique niche.
            I do play BF and COD - BF2 and the original Call of Duty plus the expansion pack. Those shooters do what they do well. Not much of a fan of their more recent titles.

Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
            I'd have to agree. I had the same problems with BIA:HH. It abandoned it's semi-realistic tactical roots to make a more FPS experience. And Furious Four just looks awful.

The RS devs have claimed they are going to do away with classes and weapons xp and try and make it more like Ostfront. If they live up to that, sounds good to me.
            IIRC, wasn't this going to be a free mod when first announced? I think they handed out the development kit to some community teams way before the release of RO2.

Comment

IIRC, wasn't this going to be a free mod when first announced? I think they handed out the development kit to some community teams way before the release of RO2.
              Yeah, the mod was apparently in development before HOS was released to the Public.

As for free, one wishes, but I don't think theres much of a chance it'll be free. All speculative, of course. Maybe a discount for HOS owners?

-- Ataturk

Comment

As long as it's reasonably priced. I hope it will boost the RO2 player base.

Any word on the Vietnam one?

Comment

I was lucky enough to get in the Alpha for this, but I'm not sure if I'm still under a pesky NDA or not
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    I was lucky enough to get in the Alpha for this, but I'm not sure if I'm still under a pesky NDA or not
                    You lucky lucky man. Can you at least tell us if it's any good so far without releasing too many specific details?

On related news, there's going to be a beta apparently before release.

-- Ataturk

Comment

As long as it's reasonably priced. I hope it will boost the RO2 player base.

Any word on the Vietnam one?
                      Good question. Wish there was an answer.

-- Ataturk

Comment

I actually managed to wrangle my way into a pre-Alpha test. Can't wait till I start, hopefully within two weeks.

I can't reveal too much. Non-Disclosure Agreements. No biggie though, well worth it.

-- Ataturk

Comment

I loved the Red Orchestra series! Played from orginal RO, Played the DH mod for a few years, then RO2 and now Rising storm! I cant get enough of it lol, pretty much the only game I play now

Comment

Any AG members on any of the servers?

I was playing religiously for a couple of weeks but backed off to attend to RL issues.
                            "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

I found very few servers around without bots, but I liked this game

Comment

Working...
                              X