Battlefield 4 vs. Battlefield 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 4 vs. Battlefield 2?

I still have BF2 on my PC but don't really play it. There was something about the multiplayer component and how people behave in MP that was putting me off.

I haven't seen BF4 yet.

Is it a major improvement over BF2? I mean besides prettier graphics?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Crap, I meant Call of Duty 4 compared to BF2.

I'm getting those games all confused.

There are too many.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I found the MP community for CoD: Black Ops to be more annoying than anything I've seen in a BF title, so don't expect an improvement there.

I play mostly BF: Bad Company 2 and never had any problems with griefing or trash talking. You might want to consider that game.
      Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

I agree totally. I've also found that it helps if you have a group of friends with the same interests to form a "team" with to play MP with. You're less likely to have online "issues" with people you know personally.
        There's No Such Thing As "Only A Simulation"

Comment

Originally posted by oldmgunner View Post
          I agree totally. I've also found that it helps if you have a group of friends with the same interests to form a "team" with to play MP with. You're less likely to have online "issues" with people you know personally.
          This works well. We have a really decent team, and we have never had a problem. We don't trash talk the opponents because we are usually in private chat mode. We just play and have fun. Mostly hardcore CTF matches but now and then TDM.
          Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

If it's for PC, I'd get both
            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Battlefield 3 is having some problems related to Punkbuster and many players can only play in non-Punkbuster servers. There are also issues with logging into Origin, and with the fact that it has a web based browser that keeps crashing.

IMO BF3 should have been released on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                Battlefield 3 is having some problems related to Punkbuster and many players can only play in non-Punkbuster servers. There are also issues with logging into Origin, and with the fact that it has a web based browser that keeps crashing.

IMO BF3 should have been released on Steam.
                The graphics are insane though...
                "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
                  The graphics are insane though...
                  Indeed the graphics are amazing. I love watching tracers shoot through the nighttime sky on the Tehran Highway map.

The one thing I don't like is that many of the maps (ex. Damavand Peak) arw too CODish. I wish the maps were more open like in BF1942.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X