X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsar View Post

You are correct, they haven't acknowledged the loss of CC info yet. But then they wouldn't would they. And they are, I believe, recommending that people keep an eye on their Credit card statements.
    Which is prudent even if you haven't ever been on PSN. Like telling people to drink more water, it's always good advice.

The fact is that according to people at IGN this sort of hack could have easily taken 6 months to discover, so Sony is doing a pretty excellent job getting in front of the problem despite the complaints about the rapidity of the disclosure and length of the outage.

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    That's not accurate. As of Friday they still hadn't confirmed the loss of any credit card information. No need to spread panic with misinformation.
    You are correct, they haven't acknowledged the loss of CC info yet. But then they wouldn't would they. And they are, I believe, recommending that people keep an eye on their Credit card statements.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
    Guys, one more thing...

I would like to get the 160GB model to save bucks. If the 320GB model is different only by the hard drive size, do I really need that? I won't use it as my primary data storage or media storage. I realize some people do because they don't own anything else to save their videos and images.
    With all of my PS3 camera-home movies stored on an external memory card, and my most of regular movies and shows as well, I haven't been able to use up all my memory in two years. 160 is fine if you store big stuff elsewhere and delete useless files every now and then.

I think I keep about 20GB of stuff that's not related to games on PS3, and about 20 on two 16GB cards.

Leave a comment:

• MonsterZero
    replied
    Guys, one more thing...

I would like to get the 160GB model to save bucks. If the 320GB model is different only by the hard drive size, do I really need that? I won't use it as my primary data storage or media storage. I realize some people do because they don't own anything else to save their videos and images.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    Considering that Sony has just admitted that their system was hacked and personal as well as credit card information was stolen I think you are very wise to avoid sending them anything you donít want to post on a billboard. Buy the gift cards, you may have to pay taxes but at least your info will stay yours.
    That's not accurate. As of Friday they still hadn't confirmed the loss of any credit card information. No need to spread panic with misinformation.

Leave a comment:

• Leftie
    replied
    You can buy Playstation 1 titles, Playstation Portable Games, and some PS3 games from the store. They also have a section with selected Indie Games that are typically smaller downloads and cost between 5-20 dollars.

The other thing to spend Station Cash on is expansions for games you buy. I am not a big fan of this micro transaction trend but you can buy everything from new outfits for your characters, extra weapons and armor, new levels, etc etc.

Ben

Leave a comment:

• MonsterZero
    replied
    Gents, I was being sarcastic about the cash idea but I will explore the idea of the Station Cash.

What is this Station Cash used for most of the time? Downloading and installing games?

You see, one of the biggest turn-offs of consoles is the high cost of games. You can go to Steam and download a great PC title for like $10 because they are having a Labor Day sale or something.

But the consoles-well, I have just 3 titles I ever purchased for my PS2, two Mortal Kombat games and a used racing game. Otherwise I was deterred by the cost.

Another point: the movie rental stores that traditionally carry used console games are going out of business so I'm running out of places I can go and browse used PS3 games...
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 01 May 11, 11:15.

Leave a comment:

• No_Nickname
    replied
    Not to mention that there whole network is down and has been down for pretty much the whole week. From what I hear they are going to rebuild the whole network. But since I don't own a PS3, I don't have to worry about that

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
    I was looking at some racing games on YouTube and they got me really excited.

Question: does Sony accept cash payments (well-wrapped dollars bills in an envelope, as customary in the former Soviet Union) so I don't give to give them my credit card info?
    Considering that Sony has just admitted that their system was hacked and personal as well as credit card information was stolen I think you are very wise to avoid sending them anything you donít want to post on a billboard. Buy the gift cards, you may have to pay taxes but at least your info will stay yours.

Leave a comment:

• Leftie
    replied
    If you are talking about buying Station Cash (in order to purchase downloadable games and other stuff on the Station Store), you can't mail money somewhere in order to get points. However, Best Buy, Walmart, GameStop, and other stores all sell cards charged with Station Points (or whatever it's called). The only disadvantage to purchasing points like this is you have to pay taxes on it. I guess you are still technically supposed to claim online purchases when you file at the end of the year, but I have never met someone who does.

Ben

Leave a comment:

• MonsterZero
    started a topic Ready to Buy My First Playstation 3!

Ready to Buy My First Playstation 3!

I was looking at some racing games on YouTube and they got me really excited.

Question: does Sony accept cash payments (well-wrapped dollars bills in an envelope, as customary in the former Soviet Union) so I don't give to give them my credit card info?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X