No announcement yet.

Dragon Age 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a big fan of DA:O and Awakenings so I'll see how this goes. I've heard some really mixed reviews of the demo so far.
    TTFN

Comment

Basically, this is how I think Bioware is going to roll, DA 2 is going to suck, really really bad. they are going to deliberatley bring themselves to near financial ruin, then they will relase ME:3

And a new age of gaming, with Trokia-Ware at its head, will spawn forth from the darkness and bring back the old days.
      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Well I've been playing Dragon Age 2 for the last 8 hours or so.

I really like it!

The demo sucked and did not do the full game any favors.

Graphics are great and the combat system has been streamlined but still allows tactical play.

The story is well written and your saved game from Dragon Age: Origins and Awakenings can be transferred, effecting the world in DA2.

If you liked Dragon Age then I recommend this game.
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Received game yesterday. Today will check what is it

Comment

Hmm, can`t save during game. Anyone knows where could be a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
              Hmm, can`t save during game. Anyone knows where could be a problem?
              Have you tried to save and it won't or can you not find where to save?

What version do you have?

On the PS3 version push the "start" button and it should bring up a menu that includes "save game".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                Have you tried to save and it won't or can you not find where to save?

What version do you have?

On the PS3 version push the "start" button and it should bring up a menu that includes "save game".
                I can`t save. Saving or loading options are just not active. What do you mean with version? And I`m playing on PC not console. Read in Dragon age forums that some other people have same problem, looking for solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                  I can`t save. Saving or loading options are just not active. What do you mean with version? And I`m playing on PC not console. Read in Dragon age forums that some other people have same problem, looking for solution.
                  Well, since this thread is located in the Console Gaming section I assumed you were playing on a PS3 or Xbox 360.

No problems whatsoever with my PS3 copy...
                  Last edited by Captain General; 10 Mar 11, 04:30.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post

The story is well written and your saved game from Dragon Age: Origins and Awakenings can be transferred, effecting the world in DA2.

If you liked Dragon Age then I recommend this game.
                    Would you suggest picking up the first game before playing the second one then? Is it worth the extra effort?
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                      Would you suggest picking up the first game before playing the second one then? Is it worth the extra effort?
                      If you like these kind of games, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Fallout, etc then I would definitely play the first Dragon Age and it's expansion before DA2.

I had a blast playing them and they are cheap now.

Plus the Dragon Age world has a VERY detailed history and culture which you will learn about while playing the first one. Thats one of the things I really liked about it.

But they will take about 80-100 hours to play though...
                      Last edited by Captain General; 11 Mar 11, 01:21.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Id play DA: origins and Awakenings first. I bought DA2 and to be perfectly honest i dont like it. Im not sure why but it just hasnt sucked me in like Origins, the Fallouts, Knights, Oblivion and Morrowind did.Hopefully it will get better, but Im 3 hours in and Id much prefer to go explore in Fallout 3 (80 hours played in one game) than load up a DA2 save in Kirkwall. I think its the character of Hawke: the character is just bland and I feel no connection to it.

Wlad
                        The only thing that matters is how well you walk through the fire.
                        Charles Bukowski

Comment

I'm going to break down and buy it this weekend.
                          TTFN

Comment

I enjoyed the game, although I didn't fight it the greatest of the Bioware games, it was still fun to play for myself. I did find it took me a while to get into the story. I would have rather enjoyed a Dragon Age II where you play the character from the first one, like how they handled Mass Effect and had you continue your save and all your choices mattered for the game.

Dragon Age II was good enough that I'll try the third one out, if/when they made and release it.

Comment

Thank god you can do this game without a healer. Was a Warrior and due to... circumstances... both of my healers ... left... in the course of time.

Romantic choices are all rubish. The male dwarf was by faaaaaaaaaaaaar the most likable character.
                              Ha, wie so stolz und hehr
                              Wirft über Land und Meer
                              Weithin der deutsche Aar
                              Flammenden Blick.

Comment

I thought it was a great improvement over DA:O in gameplay. The action was more intense and the fact that Hawke had a voice actor. I did the romance option with Anders and had to execute him later. I did the Fenris and Isabela one too. From the male side the romances were weak. I suppose Isabela was ok.
                                TTFN

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X