X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Age 2

Anyone else looking forward to this?

I loved Dragon Age Origins/Awakenings!

This one will have a fully voiced character with a dialogue wheel will similar to the one in Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Come on March 8th! The PS3 is ready to go!
    Last edited by Captain General; 22 Feb 11, 08:48.
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

I'll most likely get this

Still a little worried about it though so I'll wait a bit for some reviews, just in case.

Cheers, I liked DA I but Baulders Gate series is still my fav over this.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
      Still a little worried about it though so I'll wait a bit for some reviews, just in case.

Cheers, I liked DA I but Baulders Gate series is still my fav over this.

Tom
      Baldurs Gate was a great game.

To be honest, I've enjoyed every game Bioware has developed.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Dragon Age 2 looks to be a "So Called" Sellout.

Its going to be based around Consoles, unlike DA which was based around PC.

Hence, Sucky.
        Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

The demo was released yesterday. Anyone playing it yet?
          RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
            Dragon Age 2 looks to be a "So Called" Sellout.

Its going to be based around Consoles, unlike DA which was based around PC.

Hence, Sucky.
            Why would being based around a console make the game "sucky"?

I actually prefer consoles over PC when it comes to RPG's.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
              Why would being based around a console make the game "sucky"?

I actually prefer consoles over PC when it comes to RPG's.
              Sucky in my opinion, I like a game to focus on storyline, especially an Role Playing one, Console games have either a shallow storyline or not one at all, with a few exceptions.

Look at RPG's in the past two decades, the very Finest have been ones such as Bauldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Oblivion, All PC ports.

The one successful RPG port that I have played on console, Fable, almost caused me to throw up, it made me feel like a twelve year old, Farting to gain favour in a town? I prefer my humour subtle, not slapstick.

Which Reminds me, Miniature Giant Space Hamsters rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                Sucky in my opinion, I like a game to focus on storyline, especially an Role Playing one, Console games have either a shallow storyline or not one at all, with a few exceptions.

Look at RPG's in the past two decades, the very Finest have been ones such as Bauldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Oblivion, All PC ports.

The one successful RPG port that I have played on console, Fable, almost caused me to throw up, it made me feel like a twelve year old, Farting to gain favour in a town? I prefer my humour subtle, not slapstick.

Which Reminds me, Miniature Giant Space Hamsters rock!
                I never noticed a difference between the console version and PC version of most RPG's except for controls and some graphics.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Yeah, Im meaning the actual games themselves, if they were designed for consoles they tend to be bad, while games designed for PC tend to be good.

IE Oblivion is a good game, no matter the platform, while fable sucks.

Comment

I'm going to play the demo tomorrow. If it's decent, I'll probably order it Gamefly.
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I played the demo... To be honest I didn't like a lot of things about it. Does it even look prettier? I mean, the graphics are better, but the visual style... I think they lost a lot of the Origins charm. When you run a bit and start doing melee attacks, it looks exacly like a Dynasty Warriors game. It leaves me unconfortable, it looks arcade instead of D&D, Baldur Gate style.
                      Also not a fan of the dialogue wheel - what you choose is not what he says. He just says something related to that general intent, like being a negative, a demand for an explanation, and such. You only know what his wording will be after you made your choice and often is not what I had in mind at all.

And the absolute worse, I hope this is strictly a demo problem, the darkspawn infantry are exact clones, and they suck! Everything from the face to the clothes is the same, and since they show them a lot, in great numbers, and in detail, it becomes painfully obvious they they are all exact twins without a single scratch in the armor to diferenciate. I won't decribe them in detail, but the original darkspawn were zombie-like, diferent from each other, greenish and dressed in improvised armor and equiped with rusty swords.
                      These guys look like skeletons dressed in some fancy black armor and, like I said, all copies of each other. We went from the "tainted" chaotic army of darkness to Imperial Stormtroopers, I think its a huge step backwards.

Luckily, all my major issues are subjective and personal, maybe you guys welcome the changes.

Comment

Now that does'nt sound to good

My main worry still is the "story telling" as someone is relating the tales then I guess you go to a flashback ?? then play the story out I think?

Cheers, I guess its just to much to hope for some kind of BG type game at some point in the future before I die....LOL

Tom

Comment

Yeah I played the demo too and something about it just didn't feel right.

Wasn't necessarily bad just kind of weird.

Still might buy it though...

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                            My main worry still is the "story telling" as someone is relating the tales then I guess you go to a flashback ?? then play the story out I think?
                            In the demo that's how they do it... Some Chantry woman is interrogating a dwarf, and when he starts telling how the "champion" escaped Lothering during the blight, you start playing him and his family escaping.
                            I'm not crazy about that either because in the first minutes of the game they already established you are some sort of outrageously mighty warrior and the only hope for the world, and only then have you play up to that point. I mean, in Origins one could probably figure out "I'm going to become a baddass and fight the archdemon", but story-wise, you start as a Warden recruit and work your way from there. In 2 they tell you you are going to be Chuck Norris, and then have you play your own background.
                            I much prefer chronological storytelling, don't care much for flashbacks and interrogations where they give you hints and information about how your story will end... But I guess it depends on how they make it in the actual game.

And I completely agree with Captain General - the game doesn't look "bad", it just changed so many things in Dragon Age that didn't need changing, it feels weird.

Comment

Thanks Castro and CG

I think I will wait and see here, but I think it is off my buy on day one list, for now anyways...... LOL

Cheers, I'm sure we will here more about this in the near future.

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X