No announcement yet.

Death of Guitar Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went down to my local electronic games seller and told him about it, and he reckons that 6 years is a very good run.

But the very fact is that sales had dropped off in North America, Japan and Europe. It became financially unviable to keep it in production.

Comment

I enjoyed GH: Van Halen immensely but mainly just for the set list. My biggest complaint is how cheaply the instruments are made. I drum hard in real life and the GH drum kit didn't stand up at all.

RB has introduced a stringed guitar that can be used to play the game and played using an amp. GH can't compete with that.

http://www.rockband.com/blog/fender-squier-pictures
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
        I enjoyed GH: Van Halen immensely but mainly just for the set list. My biggest complaint is how cheaply the instruments are made. I drum hard in real life and the GH drum kit didn't stand up at all.

RB has introduced a stringed guitar that can be used to play the game and played using an amp. GH can't compete with that.

http://www.rockband.com/blog/fender-squier-pictures
        Once I have the money to get it, that is EXACTLLY what I will do. I WANT to be able to play a real guitar. That was why GH and RB were so much fun...I could pretend :-)
        "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
        And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
          Once I have the money to get it, that is EXACTLLY what I will do. I WANT to be able to play a real guitar. That was why GH and RB were so much fun...I could pretend :-)
          My feelings also. I'm a guitarist stuck in a drummers body .

Comment

It was a good concept but too many products, I think.
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

I could never get past using three fingers. It was hard enough just playing on the Easy mode. I doubt I'll ever be playing next to Eddie van Halen.
              RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by philiplaos View Post
                Never mind. Go and learn the real thing. It's give you blisters on your fingers, but it's worth it.

Philip
                Playing guitar hero is nothing like playing an actual guitar, electronic or not. I can personally attest to that. Heck; the guitarist for dragon force bombed epicly when he tried to play through the fire and the flames on guitar hero even though he was the guitarist for the actual song. So the transit between guitar hero and real guitar may not be as easy as you may imagine.
                Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history.
                But who's to judge the right from wrong.
                When our guard is down I think we'll both agree.
                That violence breeds violence.
                But in the end it has to be this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Czin View Post
                  Playing guitar hero is nothing like playing an actual guitar, electronic or not. I can personally attest to that. Heck; the guitarist for dragon force bombed epicly when he tried to play through the fire and the flames on guitar hero even though he was the guitarist for the actual song. So the transit between guitar hero and real guitar may not be as easy as you may imagine.
                  That's why i stuck playing the triangle, such a noble instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by Czin View Post
                    Playing guitar hero is nothing like playing an actual guitar, electronic or not. I can personally attest to that.
                    Same goes for the drums. In some respects, it teaches bad habits.

Comment

Originally posted by philiplaos View Post
                      Never mind. Go and learn the real thing. It's give you blisters on your fingers, but it's worth it.

Philip
                      I've never played the game, and the mechanics of how the "guitar" works appear very wrong from what I've observed. Having said that, I agree with Philip. I have always maintained that the time invested in learning to play the game could be better spent on an actual instrument. The money invested in the game could buy you a moderately respectable set up to get started.
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      — Groucho Marx

Comment

My major block to learning guitar has been reading the notation. I get the concept, but time signatures, sharps, flats, speed of notes, where on the fret, just reading music in general is a complete mystery to me. If I was ever to learn it would be by mimicking alone.
                        "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
                        And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

My major block to learning guitar has been reading the notation. I get the concept, but time signatures, sharps, flats, speed of notes, where on the fret, just reading music in general is a complete mystery to me. If I was ever to learn it would be by mimicking alone.
                          Most every guitar player I have ever known plays by ear. Few have been able to read music. Guitar tabulature is much easier to decipher IMO.
                          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                          — Groucho Marx

Comment

OK, I've moved Persephone's thread from General Discussion to Console Gaming and merged it with Roddoss' thread.

In case you were wondering.
                            RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Catman View Post
                              I've never played the game, and the mechanics of how the "guitar" works appear very wrong from what I've observed. Having said that, I agree with Philip. I have always maintained that the time invested in learning to play the game could be better spent on an actual instrument. The money invested in the game could buy you a moderately respectable set up to get started.
                              That's the cool thing about the Pro Guitar for RB:3; it is a real guitar.

Comment

There's always....

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X