T.A.C. Heroes Big Red One from Nintendo for the DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.A.C. Heroes Big Red One from Nintendo for the DS

Just encountered mention of this March 16th release (not surprised I guess that none of the young people gamer sites mentioned it).

NWS has it on their site though (so I ordered it from there rather than pretend mainstream stores will even acknowledge it exists).

Looks like I miiiiiight be getting heard, that some of us older gamers might just want something too? probably not, but it IS encouraging seeing sooooome titles arrive.

I can only say based on a few (very few screen shots) that it appears to NOT be a shooter (thank you for once). Might be turn based (I do hope so) and looks to be individual soldier based.

I'd offer a link, but all Google could find were game sites that have nothing beyond acknowledgment the game exists.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Ok first off, the price from NWS is great, and Chris yer shipment just arrived speedy as always

The game is great, this is obvious in just under 5 minutes of game play.

The tutorial is a minor 3 minute burst of interface explanation and command functions.

First battle was both quick and simple to understand.

We finally have a squad based, individual man, turn based, tactical game for the adult mind wargamer on the DS gentlemen. And it is a winner until I have reason to feel otherwise.

Graphics are ok, the audio is fine. You get nice sound effects that are not over done, the troops have minor comment options. Keep in mind this is a modest DS cartridge game eh, you are not playing a PS3 title hehe.

I'm assuming this might be the most fun and best game purchase I have made for the DS as well as any method for that matter in a long while.

Your party of 6 blokes in the opening game need to plan their moves. But it's not rocket science. You can start a 42 or a 44 game. Your guys evolve as they go through the action (assuming they don't stop a round and experience that sudden stop called death). It's almost a miniatures game with leveling up perks between battles.

This game looks like it will be easy to get into, play a few minutes and get out of if you were just killing a few minutes at that time.

Now, if we can just get are major wargaming publishers to start accepting the truth eh, this is doable.

Kudos to Storm City Entertainment Inc bringing us the Hoplite Research LLC title.
    Sadly all Google seems able to find of easy useful content for either is that Manny J. Granillo is President & Chief Designer of Hoplite Research, LLC. Well he was listed as that on the web page I was able to locate.

Wish I could find some manner to directly thank them for bringing this game to the market.
    They've just done what even Matrix Games says they can't do.
    Last edited by LRB; 16 Apr 10, 11:43.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X