PS3 or XBox360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 or XBox360?

I am thinking of buying one of them but i dont know which one to get. I am used to the plastation paddles. I know Xbox has Halo which is a plus for that. But I also want to use it as a computor in my bedroom. So which ever one is better at online. Just give me your reasons why you like one of them.

Choice is simple.

360 seems to have better games, but hell a 54% chance of malfunction? You actually got to want a minimum of 15 games to be worth it.

The PS3 wins hands down as reliable hardware. If the games are not paramount, so be it, you will find the PS3 as a media interface is a good option.

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 ONLY to be a media hub, I couldn't care less about the games. it will neatly link my computer (and anything on it) to my 40" super tv.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

PlayStation 3.

It has untapped potential, as a media hub and a gaming console.

Now, for online, you have to pay up for the 360, plus then there is the extra downloadable content.

For PS3, you only pay up for extra content. No fees for joining PlayStation Network.

Here is a review for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves; something to sink your teeth into...

Linky...

Comment

I do like the Xbox 360 as I like the online gaming communitee and the games for Xbox I like better than many of that of PS3. the malfunction rate is bad but you get a new free Xbox plus i believe a free month or 2 of Xbox Live (more than enough that what you'd have lost when taking it back to the store).

However you said you wanted to use it as a computer at home. For Xbox . you can use MSN messenger, And Windows Media Center. So as long as you do have a computer with Windows Media you should do allright. I am mostly a gamer and since my computer is maybe 10 ft away i don't use it as a media hub.

PS3 i can only comment on the games as I don't play with my friends media with the PS3. The games The graphics are better but often not a big issue (I never noticed anything bad with N64 graphics until game cube) The game selection i find is more narrowed, and besides Uncharted there isnt many series that intrigued me.

Games - Xbox
        Media - Xbox has music and internet and messenger so I'd personally be happy, but as said cant comment on PS3 media.
        God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

I've been thinking about getting PS3. I'd go with PS3.

Comment

i would go for the ps3 for these reasons: It has built in wifi so you wouldn't need to connect it directly to an Ethernet cable if you have a wireless router. The PSN (playstation Network) is free to all playstation owners, and is great for online play. also the psn has the playstation store which is great for downloading free demos, videos, trailers, wallpapers and themes and psn games which only cost you little. Go and search more on the internet, many websites should have discounts in xmas time.

Comment

I've had both consoles for a few years. I use the PS3 far more. The advantages that the XBox 360 once had are not as large of advantages anymore. They used to rely on their superior game selection and their superior online gaming community.

They still do have a larger collection of games and a better online gaming community, but both of those gaps have been considerably narrowed, and with the PS3, your online experience will be free.

I never have had a malfunction with the XBOX 360, but virtually everyone else I know has had at least one. The PS3 also seems like a console that makes more economic sense as a long term investment, and its built to support other media options.

Comment

I've had a 360 since it was released and, touch wood, it's worked perfectly. As with the previous generation of consoles, go for the one that has the games that most take your fancy. Issues like online gaming, multi-media capabilities etc. etc. are minor really given the number of options you have outside of the console world to indulge your interests in these areas.
                Signing out.

Comment

I for one bought the xbox 360 over the ps3 for several reasons.

1. xbox is cheaper now, I got my 360 pro for $250. To get the ps3 I would have had to pay an extra $60 ( tax included).

2. Better game selection

3. Friends: most of my friends had xbox 360, who cares about the free online gaming when you none of your friends have a PS3

Also febsampen, xbox also has wireless, just not built in
                  "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Nearly everyone I know with a 360 has had it break down at least once. I and my PS3 owning friends have not yet had a problem with the console.

Comment

Bill Gates sucks...

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post

2. Better game selection
                      I don't think so...

PS brings alot of titles that either come to XBox late or not at all.

PS also puts emphasis on "realistic" games, where as XBox seems to prefer the fanstasy or sci-fi generes.

I remember laughing at XBox owners who were so pissed that they had to wait so long for GTA back in the day...

Plus, the controller design for the XBox is just awful...
                      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by 88L71 View Post
                        Nearly everyone I know with a 360 has had it break down at least once. I and my PS3 owning friends have not yet had a problem with the console.
                        I've been on several X-Box forums and they all have a thread about breakdowns that you don't see on any Playstation forums.

Comment

Everybody has there opinions, I haven't had any problems yet with my xbox and my friends have had theres for a 2-3 years now and they haven't had any problems with theirs either.
                          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

out of my Xbox friends only 2 had problems and also both either constantly play them and often forget to turn them off.

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                            I don't think so...

PS brings alot of titles that either come to XBox late or not at all.

PS also puts emphasis on "realistic" games, where as XBox seems to prefer the fanstasy or sci-fi generes.

I remember laughing at XBox owners who were so pissed that they had to wait so long for GTA back in the day...

Plus, the controller design for the XBox is just awful...
                            Same goes for Xbox they have some series that never go to PS

That is often true fantasy/medieveal/sci-fi

I Laughed hard about the PS owners complain bout Fallout 3 as we had 3 expanion packs including Broken Steel - alot better ending to the game. while they still hadn't gotten 1

I find the controls to be alot the same except instead of ABXY you have Triangle X Square and Circle.
                            God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Looks like I'll just upgrade my PC...
                              In Vino Veritas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X