Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype

This is the only third-person action game that I have ever taken an interest in:

Prototype

It looks like wicked fun. I'm definitely getting it from Steam for the PC. It is also available for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
    Last edited by Rooks Bailey; 30 May 09, 01:04.
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

I checked out the downloadable video.

Man talk about the gore the violence the gore, the blood, did I mention the gore

Graphics looked alright, but man was there ever a lot of gore (ooh I mentioned that did I hehe).

Nice game to shoot up, blow up, assimilate and generally take a good solid rampage through New York.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

That's what caught my interest. I'm a strategy gamer at heart, as I love games that make me sit and think for a bit (such as chess, my preferred poison). But every now and then, I want to just lose myself in a game for some mindless fun. I used to do that with FPS, but even that genre has become more thoughtful and intense over the years.

Prototype seems to have a refreshingly original story combined with gameplay centered on mindless violence. G4TV's preview had a comment that sums up exactly what I am looking for:

If you are having a bad day this game is a giant stress reliever potentially making Prototype the feel-good game of the year. Prototype will make you smile for all the wrong reasons and is something to play in a room full of friends. It’s packed with “did you just see that?” action and the story seems interesting enough to give the campaign some staying power.

Read more: "'Prototype' Hands-On Preview & Exclusive Mission Video - G4tv.com" - http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...xzz0Gxehn8Sb&A
      I haven't played a game like that in far too long.

BTW: if you thought the game preview was gory, you really shouldn't watch the opening movie:

I don't often say this (40K is my only exception), but I think the premise for this game would make for a fairly decent movie. I could sit through two hours of this stuff!
      Last edited by Rooks Bailey; 30 May 09, 02:27.

Comment

If you really like the game then and if you have a PS3 you might want to pick up INfamous

Comment

I found Prototype to be a lot of fun. Nothing deep, but just a great game to play with friends. The carnage can be hilarious at times!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X