Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie
    replied
    Yeah, a Vietnam COD would be great, we'll just have to wait and see.

I've seen alot of games not make it after they were claimed to be "in the works."
    Ever heard of Duke Nukem Forever? That was announced in 1997.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Nice!

But until it's on the shelf, I'll try not to get too excited.

I've seen alot of games not make it after they were claimed to be "in the works."

Snoops game was almost finished in 2004, for example..., it's still unreleased as far as I know...

Leave a comment:

• Mackie
    replied
    Summer? That's a surprise, usually they release them around October or November.

I also came across this article, it might be of interest.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58608

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    Originally posted by -snafu- View Post

Isn't there a rumour going around that one of the next CODs is going to be about Vietnam?
    Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Modern Warfare 2 is supposed to drop this summer, that's the last "rumor" I heard...

Leave a comment:

• Mackie
    replied
    Isn't there a rumour going around that one of the next CODs is going to be about Vietnam?

Leave a comment:

• Paul Mann III
    replied
    I'm playing Modern Warfare and World at War back-to-back right now.

The online for World at War is better by far, but Mordern Warfare is pretty sweet too...

Leave a comment:

• comm. waffle
    replied
    A Vietnam version would include, kind of the best of WWII and Modern Warfare. The Vietnamese used all kinds of weapons, including RPGs, RPDs, RPKs, AKs, WWII weapons, etc. Than you have the American M16, M14 (if so desired), M79, LAWs, M60...

And for their aircraft sneariao that COD is starting to use a lot now, could be a door gunner on a Huey or a pilot of a Spooky.... be kinda cool.

Leave a comment:

• COD4 Addict
    replied
    Haven't played it yet, i'm not really diggin the WW2 scenario for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Rx7000
    replied
    The single player game was excellent (Although missing some of the epic battles I would have wanted to see included, Iwo Jima and the defense of Guadal Canal after the initial establishment of the airfield and base to name a few).

The multiplayer is excellent and fun but to me it gets stale very fast because the game gives me my favorite guns to start with, Thompson and BAR(At like level 5??), although the Sturmgavier (Im sure spelling is off there) is fun to use and reminiscent of modern warfare once you get the arpature.

I would have figured they'd give you some of the junkier Russian and Japanese guns to start with and make your way up the ladder to some of the nice American pieces. I also have a problem with some of the damage the guns do (Obviously for balancing purposes but still).

I think the big appeal with modern warfare was all the awesome weapons you would continually unlock, as to where the majority of guns in CoD WoW arnt even guns i'm interested in using most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• germanicaus
    replied
    They should open it up and maybe do Korea or Vietnam that would be intence.

Leave a comment:

• germanicaus
    replied
    Would it be a cool idea to go back in time to WW1?
    just a segestition

Leave a comment:

• germanicaus
    replied
    I think it would be really cool if I could play as the germans in ww2 operation bararossa and berlin and normandy......!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• germanicaus
    replied
    i have seen many tralers and it looks great

Leave a comment:

• No_Nickname
    replied
    Yup, I even asked the guy when I pre-ordered it from Gamestop

Leave a comment:

• comm. waffle
    replied
    Originally posted by Conlin View Post