Call of duty 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Airchallenged View Post
    I like this idea but how? Jackson is dead. Though I guess you could play as Griggs or Nickoli plus Soap (that has to be Soap in the bonus mission)

Trev,

I would play a Vietnam version of COD6.

I am still buying COD 5 though. Mostly to play Co-op with my buddy in Mass.

Matt
    Expansions usually have the same basic gameplay, weapons, graphics and are set in the same war/time frame.

In example: The Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead expansion pack.

Changes: New character, several new weapons, new skins, new MP modes, new maps, and theatres of operation.

Same HUD, most of the original game's weapons, same Gfx -maybe some slight improvements-, same style of play with the exeption of the ability to lean in Single Player.

Same basic thing for MoHAA:Breakthrough, CoD: United Offensive . And mostly the same for Battlefield expansions for BF's 1942, 2, 2142.

In a nut shell: keep the gameplay the same, use the same Gfx/Engine, use the orginal weapons and equipment. Just give us a new campaign, more maps, a couple of new MP modes, new skins, more weapons.

I would buy CoD6 if it was Korea, Vietnam or WWI, maybe even WWII but only if it covered new areas of the war.

Comment

Originally posted by DangerForward View Post
      Expansions usually have the same basic gameplay, weapons, graphics and are set in the same war/time frame.

In example: The Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead expansion pack.

Changes: New character, several new weapons, new skins, new MP modes, new maps, and theatres of operation.

Same HUD, most of the original game's weapons, same Gfx -maybe some slight improvements-, same style of play with the exeption of the ability to lean in Single Player.

Same basic thing for MoHAA:Breakthrough, CoD: United Offensive . And mostly the same for Battlefield expansions for BF's 1942, 2, 2142.

In a nut shell: keep the gameplay the same, use the same Gfx/Engine, use the orginal weapons and equipment. Just give us a new campaign, more maps, a couple of new MP modes, new skins, more weapons.

I would buy CoD6 if it was Korea, Vietnam or WWI, maybe even WWII but only if it covered new areas of the war.
      True I didn't think of it that way...Although that is how COD:UO followed COD.
      "We Will Stay Here, If We Must All Go to Hell Together"
      -Col. John R. Cooke, 27th NC

Avatar: My Grandfather on the right. His twin on the left. Their older brother in the middle. In their Navy Blues

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to see a WW2 shooter from the German view. Something about playing as a Soviet soldier that makes me feel funny.

As for Vietnam First person shooters, I suggest "Vietcongurple haze" and Shellshock 'Nam 67" for PS2
        Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
          Glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to see a WW2 shooter from the German view. Something about playing as a Soviet soldier that makes me feel funny.

As for Vietnam First person shooters, I suggest "Vietcong: purple haze" and Shellshock 'Nam 67" for PS2
          Some of the only Vietnam shooters I've heard of. A few more out there, but I'd still like to see Infindy Ward to try and capture Vietnam, sinply because every CoD game I've played was fantastic.
          I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

It should be noted that its a different design studio to COD4 thats producing this one, the same one who made COD2/3.

The boffens who made COD4 are rumored to be working on COD6 and that it will be similer to COD4.

Also, more nazi goodness coming out, this time for the silly and parnormal fans amongst you: wolfenstein...

The squel to the game that made me the sick imitation of humanity i am today
            Last edited by Greasel_burger; 26 Aug 08, 21:01.
            Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
              As for Vietnam First person shooters, I suggest "Vietcongurple haze" and Shellshock 'Nam 67" for PS2
              I'll look those up, thanks man.

Comment

What would be some new ideas for COD 6:

- another pacific based game
                - ETO through German POV
                - Korean War
                - yet another modern warfare
                - future war

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Evil View Post
                  What would be some new ideas for COD 6:

- another pacific based game
                  - ETO through German POV
                  - Korean War
                  - yet another modern warfare
                  - future war
                  No more WWII of any kind, give it a break.

Leaving WWII doesn't mean the end of WWII games. Medal of Honor and Call of Duty should leave it a few years, and make games set in other wars. Wait for a new movie to come out and spark peoples' interest in WWII shooters again, then make a new game.

Note when I say movie above this ^ I don't mean The Pacific miniseries, IMO CoD:[email protected] is the game for it.

Not another Modern War, not another Future War, too many of both already.

I'd buy a Korean War game based on REAL history.

A really good Vietnam game is yet to be made. BF:Vietnam was good, but its still a Battlefield game not MoH or CoD caliber.

WWI would be cool, lots of "modern" weapons were used for the first time in WWI. I love Rifles Only servers, what could be better that WWI for Rifles Only TDM?

Comment

I think the Pacific theatre should be a change, and remember when the "ghost of Leggett" said to Baker, "how do you feel about snow?", so there may be a clue there for the next "Brothers in Arms". Different conflicts need to be explored, past, present, and possibly future. Only our minds limit the possibilities.

Comment

Pacific -
                      Eastern Front - Had enough in Call of Duty, not sure I am enthusiastic about this.

There definetively a need for a new Vietnam shooter. Just think of how it would look with today's tech, or the ETO from the German view. Just think of it, making the life of the Allied soldiers in the hedgerows completely miserable, that is what is needed!!!

-Bourne

Comment

Originally posted by Rhyno327 View Post
                        I think the Pacific theatre should be a change, and remember when the "ghost of Leggett" said to Baker, "how do you feel about snow?", so there may be a clue there for the next "Brothers in Arms". Different conflicts need to be explored, past, present, and possibly future. Only our minds limit the possibilities.
                        Snow...snow...let's look into the history of the "Screaming Eagles"...lets see...ahh, Bastogne. Looks like Baker and his men will be defending Bastogne and someone from the original squad that went into England is going to die, Paddock, Corrion, or some poor replacement. I'm just guessing.

-Bourne

Comment

Originally posted by Conlin View Post
                          Snow...snow...let's look into the history of the "Screaming Eagles"...lets see...ahh, Bastogne. Looks like Baker and his men will be defending Bastogne and someone from the original squad that went into England is going to die, Paddock, Corrion, or some poor replacement. I'm just guessing.

-Bourne
                          just saw this episode of band of brothers, where they are in Bastogne and Foy
                          “Come and take it!"

Comment

Just pre-ordered it for the xbox 360. I get to use the FG42, and M1A1 Carbine from the start
                            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

And you know this how?

-Alexander

YAY! There is going to be the FG-42!

Comment

Originally posted by Conlin View Post
                                And you know this how?

-Alexander

YAY! There is going to be the FG-42!
                                Pre-Order from Game-Stop. It's a TV ad.
                                I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X