No announcement yet.

Civilization Revolution: Coming 2008!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization Revolution: Coming 2008!!!

Civilization Revolution is coming out in Spring 2008 for PS3, Xbox 360, and the DS! It is also coming out for the Wii in Fall 2008.

View the trailer here!

http://www.civilizationrevolution.com/

Read about it for each console on IGN!

http://search.ign.com/products?query...ion+Revolution

See an interview with Sid Meier on Gamespot!

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/...ag=tabs;videos

I have a DS so I hope it's good for that handheld console.
    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

The DS did a great job of doing Age of Empires Age of Kings.

Panzer Tactics looks to be a winner.
    http://www.panzertactics.com/index.php?id=34&L=1

I have Sim City DS which is graphically excellent.

So I am confident Civilization will be great too.

Couldn't care less if it comes out for PS3, X-Box-probably-broken or Wii though
    Last edited by LRB; 15 Sep 07, 09:44.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
      The DS did a great job of doing Age of Empires Age of Kings.

Panzer Tactics looks to be a winner.
      http://www.panzertactics.com/index.php?id=34&L=1

I have Sim City DS which is graphically excellent.

So I am confident Civilization will be great too.

Couldn't care less if it comes out for PS3, X-Box-probably-broken or Wii though
      I'm going to get Panzer Tactics too. I'm always trying to wonder exactly what nations are in western allies.

I think it's USA, Britain, and Belgium.

I believe Civilization Revolution will turn out to be better than Age of Empires since there are 16 civilizations and the game will have different periods of time.
      Last edited by TankBrigade; 15 Sep 07, 10:20.

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

Thus far, the ONLY place I have found the DS a problem, is with older persons being maxed out managing simultaneous multi control configurations for some games, or with some games, the graphics being what they are, limited by screen size.

If you're all thumbs, or have poor vision, the DS has nothing to offer you hehe.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by TankBrigade View Post
          I believe Civilization Revolution will turn out to be better than Age of Empires since there are 16 civilizations and the game will have different periods of time.
          Five civilizations and four ages seem like plenty to keep me occupied for a long time. I was home yesterday, so I played another game of Age of Empires on my wife's DS -- one of the tutorials. Great game, and I still have plenty to learn and experience. (I hate the way diagonally adjacent squares aren't considered adjacent, but I guess I'll get used to that. Wish they'd just used hexes instead.)

I wasn't surprised to notice in the interview that Sid Meier cites improved animations as a big step forward in Civilization. But it made me groan with mild disgust. I couldn't care less about animations or other eye candy. If it's a good game, my imagination can fill in all the audio and video details.
          --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

2K Games launches new website for Sid Meier's Civilization® Revolution

Prepare to join the revolution with the launch of www.civilizationrevolution.com, the new website for Sid Meier's Civilization® Revolution™ from 2K Games. This site serves as a resource for all things Civilization Revolution, spanning from game information – such as fun and interesting facts about various Civilization leaders – to exclusive concept art and much more. Inside the community section fans can even tune into podcasts from the developers and receive community updates to always be on the front line of breaking Civilization Revolution news.

Built from the ground up solely for console and handheld gamers at 2K’s world-renowned and award-winning Firaxis development studio, Civilization Revolution features fast-paced, pick-up-and-play action involving strategic global domination and history's most intrepid leaders, as well as a highly competitive multi-player experience. Civilization Revolution brings the renowned Civilization franchise to consoles for the first time, delivering the vast re-playability and unmatched addictive gameplay that has become synonymous with the works of Sid Meier. New graphical touches and a streamlined interface will transport the Civilization franchise to a level that fans have never seen before.

Civilization Revolution will be in stores beginning June 3, 2008 for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Nintendo DS™.
            Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I saw the website and it looks awesome!
              It showed me every civ in the game, which I have been trying to find out since September.

Comment

Well, it's here, and I just got my copy of the DS version and started playing last night.

Frankly, I'm less than thrilled. It looks and feels like Civ alright, and there are some pretty cool new features too. But it's not customizable, and there's no strategic overview map. The graphics are so-so, and the interface is a little hard to get used to (so far it seems you need both the buttons and the stylus; I prefer to use just one or the other).

On the plus side, I see some big improvements. Spies are back, in a better-than-ever way. Armies are easier to build and more plentiful. Ship capacity is unlimited. Diplomacy works better. And there's less micromanagement to fiddle with.

Still, I doubt this will become a favorite of mine.
                --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

Comment

Been playing Civ Rev for about two weeks. Never the same game twice. Online play is "foul"; this game is a resource hog! Bandwidth and "Lag" is a major issue. Other then that the game is very enjoyable and has high replay value.

Comment

I have this on PS3 and I'd like to play with someone from the forums. I don't have a mic or keyboard. PM me or post if you'd like to play. I'm in Minnesota.

Patrick? I don't know if DS can use MP...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X