Just got a Wii!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a Wii!!

Well, went to the shop yesterday to by a surround sound system and got a Wii instead . Me and the missus had great fun with the sports last night. Good job we have the room to dance about for the tennis!!

Looking at the price of games is it worth getting a game cube controller and some game cube games? Also, can't get WiiConnect24 to work, just keeps saying it is unavailable, maybe a regional thing.

Also, what games would people recommend?

Thanks!
    Wolster

I am eagerly awaiting Metroid Corruption this fall. Most games released so far have only been game cube games transfered onto the Wii, not saying that they have been all bad. The Zelda game is warmly recommended if you want adventure, and Resident Evil 4 for action.

Anyway, Wii Sports is the best game I own... and I am of course really looking forward to the balance board coming next year.
    "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Depends on what you want, if you're talking about engrossing games:

Zelda is top probably. I just picked up Metroid Prime 3: Corruption but haven't had more than 10 minutes time with it yet - highly reviewed though.

For Mini game type games (short little bursts of simple games):
      Rayman Raving Rabbids is probably the best in my opinion.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Thanks guys. Actually writing this on the Wii, taking ages . I have got medal of honor, love the way you use the controllers. Had some friends over at the weekend, what a laugh, some people get far to competitive!
        Wolster

Comment

If anyone wants my Wii code, they can have their very own version of me (without an eyepatch, alas) running around on their machines...

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I don't like the wiis. The only time's I play it, is when my cousins force me to over at thier house, and they always kill me and are very arrogant throughout the whole thing. So, I dislike the thing.

But, I always do beat them at cow races.

And, I'm not going to waste hundreds of bucks to get it.
            History of War Podcast

Episode 1: Why Study Military History?

Comment

We just got one for the kids, very cool stuff. Going to check out some more adult games to give it a go, seems to be addictive.
              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
              Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

So which shooting games would be really worth getting, is Medal of Honour similar to Call of Duty?

Is Resident Evil in the same category as well?

What is Metroid about?
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

I have Medal of Honor. Pretty much same old same old, the only difference being controlling your parachute. I will probably get call of duty as well. Prefer my shooters to be WW2 rather than zombies!!!

On another note, I can't believe I have to change the batteries in the controllers already. I'm going to have to get the rechargeable battery packs and chargers!!!
                  Wolster

Comment

Have you tested CoD III on Wii yet? I'm sold on the Wii and plan to buy one for myself i a few months. There's just way too many other things that I need to buy before...
                    The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
                    ----
                    We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
                      Have you tested CoD III on Wii yet? I'm sold on the Wii and plan to buy one for myself i a few months. There's just way too many other things that I need to buy before...
                      I have it, didn't like it much, might give it another go but its sat there for 6 months with only 10 minutes play. I should have gone with my original instincts - FPS's should be played on PCs.

Dr. S.
                      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Thanks! good to know, I'm curious due to the controlls but at the same time an rabid speaker for mouse/keyboard for FPS and that they and strategy belongs on PC. Consols are more for sport n' family games in my mind. But still I'm sold on the Wii and I've never in my life owned an console.
                        The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
                        ----

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                          I have it, didn't like it much, might give it another go but its sat there for 6 months with only 10 minutes play. I should have gone with my original instincts - FPS's should be played on PCs.

Dr. S.

I shared your thoughts on keyboard/mouse only for FPS, then I tried Metroid III on the Wii , and was amazed of what the Wii-motes managed to add in the immension department. Its the first FPS game on the Wii that finally managed to get the controls right.
                          Now I am eagerly waiting on my own copy so I can play it in the comfort of my own home, lights turned down and volume turned up...

Hi McCoy, always nice to see a landsman on this forum!
                          "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I got a couple of 'guns' for the Wii yesterday, me and the step-son had great fun, definatley makes it a bit easier!
                            Wolster

Comment

Nice Wolster! I'd imagine that it's alltogether differnt with guns instead off handcontrols.

Thanks Pergite! As it turns out, everywhere in the world there's a Swede involved in whats happening.
                              ----

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X