Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 price drop a thinly veiled crock of bull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 price drop a thinly veiled crock of bull?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-522734

I would imagine that everyone enjoyed hearing of the price drop for the PS3, but, have you been sold a line of crap?

Ok granted, 600 down to 500, likely isn't going to do a damned thing to catch up with the out of control runaway success of the Wii.
    And Sony either gets off their collective asses and produces a LOT of games NOW instead of some business as usual supposedly acceptable time frame in 2008-2009, or they can preside over a short term dismal failure of a console.

But now it seems that they are set to unveil another version of machine, which will NOT be price dropped, and that their price dropped machine is being discontinued.
    But wait, the new one is equipped with an 80 gig drive not a 60 gig drive!

Maybe someone needs to hold down a Sony exec and force him to realize, those 20 extra gigs will not be worth the backlash when come Christmas, 20 extra gigs is not worth 100 extra bucks that you hadn't counted on.

It's in my view, just going to make the Wii that much more attractive. Yet another screwed in the head Sony decision, coupled with lame sales of games, and a price that is not even remotely close to the Wii, coupled with the Wii having more games, and more interesting new features.

This won't kill Sony, but, it WILL be yet another heap of **** on their "tries to do more than is needed" console.

If I wanted a Blueray only player, I'd likely buy one.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

i hate sony and everything they stand for

boycott the bastards
    The great unmentionable evil at the center of our culture is monotheism. From a barbaric Bronze age text known as the Old Testament, three anti-human religions have evolved.

- Gore Vidal

Comment

They can tout their horn allthey want. Until it drops to a realistic price, I'm not touching it.
      Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

As I have seen mentioned elsewhere, storage is actually cheap.

That said, if Sony wants to offer us a lousy 20 gigs, they can just offer us a lousy 20 more gigs, and leave the price as is. Their "new" 80 gig drive is a joke.

Now maybe if they at least doubled the drive from 60 to 120 they would have done something. Even Microsoft doubled their console's drive.

If you ask me, most of Sony's marketing is done whilst up their ass. Lucky for them they have very deep pockets, because otherwise the PS3 would be the last thing they ever survived to produce.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I agree with you Aries. I was not a big supporter of new systems, but when i saw Gears of War for the first time, i knew then that i would be getting a 360 sometime, just didnt need it right away.

I have not seen anything on the PS3 that has made me want to buy one yet. I'm sure that at some point i will be getting a PS3, but i want one for the games, i have little interest in blu-ray, or hd-dvd for that matter, even though the movies do look good.

Comment

Eventually they'll stop making PS2 games, maybe then I'll consider a PS3.
            If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X