Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The illogical nature of unlockable cheats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The illogical nature of unlockable cheats.

I have a number of games with invincibility cheats but many of these cheats only work on levels I have already beaten or require me to beat the game before said cheats are unlocked.

Okay game designers; put down whatever drug you are using and carefully follow my line of logic: if I have already beaten the level THEN I WOULDN'T NEED CHEAT CODES!

Honestly I would think game designers would understand that cheat codes are for guys like me that like video games but don't play them 9-5. I'm not going to invest a year of my life on a video game so when I run into trouble I can't easily work through, say hello to god mode and guns. But if I can get through the level without a hitch then why would I want the cheats anyway?
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

LEGO Star Wars has unlockable cheats - but only so you can go back to the level and go to areas you could not otherwise get to and with the help of new characters that you also unlock.

But on the whole, yes, I agree with you.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I wouldn't call the LEGO system 'cheats' per se given changing character types while playing the arcasde-story missions are the only way to get 100%.

I've run across this a few times and it really doesn't make sense. I have quit playing some PS2 games over the fact the cheats could only be unlocked after completing the game... like you... defeating the purpose of the cheats to begin with. There are times where it would be better to just not have any cheats at all.
      If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Pirateship: I wholeheartedly concur! Why design such difficult games and then make access to the time-saving cheats so difficult! Gaming is not a profession for 95% of the American workforce!

pirateship1982 said: "Okay game designers; put down whatever drug you are using and carefully follow my line of logic: if I have already beaten the level THEN I WOULDN'T NEED CHEAT CODES!"

Comment

Originally posted by maple626 View Post
          Pirateship: I wholeheartedly concur! Why design such difficult games and then make access to the time-saving cheats so difficult! Gaming is not a profession for 95% of the American workforce!

pirateship1982 said: "Okay game designers; put down whatever drug you are using and carefully follow my line of logic: if I have already beaten the level THEN I WOULDN'T NEED CHEAT CODES!"
          Welcome aboard Maple, hope you enjoy the forums!
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X