Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games I'd LIKE to see

Not sure if anyone's done this subject on this board or not, but here goes:

1) A WW2 FPS where you play as a German soldier on the Eastern Front. I'm told there are ones where you play online but I dont have my PS2 hooked up to a modem and am unlikely to do so. I think the whole band of brothers/Saving PVT Ryan concept has been done to death and it's time for a change.

2) an historical football game. Play with real lineups from teams from the 1900's up to the 80's. Imagine being hampered by period rules as well. Imagine your fat cousin Described in my post on 10 worse games) discovering that forward passes wern't allowed in the 1920's.

3) A CFL game. There are CFL fans out there.....Honest!

4) Hunting games were mentioned on another thread. What about a Safari game....From 1900?

5) FPS from the following conflicts:
    WW1, Boer War,Korean War,Russo-Finnish war,Guerilla war in Rhodesia and South Africa and The Balkan war of the 1990s

6) Adaptations of the following: The Richard Sharpe novels, the Rogue Warrior books, The Unit TV series

7) a GTA set in the 70's

8) A sequel to 'Bully' set in an America High scholl....With adustable controls to make it resemble your old H.S. (Oh,imagine the upcry from parent's groups? )

Feel free to add.
    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Agreed, Sgt.
    One of the things I liked about Silent Heroes was playing from the Russian soldiers' perspective. Hopefully as more game developers get rolling in other countries, we'll see more games focusing on their own warriors. Thankfully there are many TBS wargame scenarios that allow us to play this way, and a few FPS games even. Maybe one day we'll see an RTS where you get to control an SS company, and/or play some scenarios in the China-Burma-India theatre.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

You will probably never see "SS" troops portrayed in RTS games - too politically incorrect. They may instead be labelled as "German Elite" or something similar.
      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

SGT Long your dream may come somewhat true:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ro...ogue%20Warrior
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
          and/or play some scenarios in the China-Burma-India theatre.
          MOH:Rising sun touched on it a bit,albeit with crew-served's mounted on Dumbo.
          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
            SGT Long your dream may come somewhat true:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ro...ogue%20Warrior

Accually,among everything on my list, a Dick Marchinko game was probably the most likely. The guy writes books starring himself as the star and markets a line of action figures with his likeness so this was the next logical step.
            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

Actually looks good, never read his stuff... heard it is really good though.
              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
                Not sure if anyone's done this subject on this board or not, but here goes:

5) FPS from the following conflicts:
                WW1, Boer War,Korean War,Russo-Finnish war,Guerilla war in Rhodesia and South Africa and The Balkan war of the 1990s
                i would love it if there was a korean war game but i wouldnt expect to see many. In BF2 theres a few guys making a korean war mod which if released i WILL download.

heres the site link if anyone wants a look http://www.bf-korea.de/eng/index.php

and although vietnam has been done but there isnt a good vietnam game i would like to see someone really try and make a good vietnam war game with not just a TET theme like maybe you are either ARVN or an American supervisor during the easter offensive in '72 or you are ARVN during the last bitter weeks of the war defending xuan loc and saigon.
                Last edited by PiNpOiNt99; 16 Dec 06, 07:18.
                "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
                - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Just wait for Armed Assault. It wll ahve tons of addons for it allowing you to simulate any war you want.(just like OFP.)

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post

and although vietnam has been done but there isnt a good vietnam game i would like to see someone really try and make a good vietnam war game with not just a TET theme like maybe you are either ARVN or an American supervisor during the easter offensive in '72 or you are ARVN during the last bitter weeks of the war defending xuan loc and saigon.
                    Viet Cong Purple haze for PS 2 has LLDB on their deathmatch option but thats as close as I've seen.
                    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

There is a WWI mod for BF1942 at www.filefront.com
                      "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

WWI for Console. Especially a dogfighting game. Just me and the Red Baron, head to head!

Comment

I'd like to see a game that allows the player to adjust what scale he decides to play at. The game could be adjusted back and forth at the strategic, operational and tactical level depending on the choice of the player. A player could maneuver his divisions and brigades on a grand scale and zoom in on the action and take over the tactical units down to the individual vehicle or squad if he so chooses. It would be the ultimate in micromanage war gaming. Also it would be interesting to see a game that combines a google earth type technology into it.
                          "I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend."

Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                            WWI for Console. Especially a dogfighting game. Just me and the Red Baron, head to head!
                            There was one made for PS1. I bought it and cant get it to work. I'm holding on to it till
                            I can find someone with one of those CD buffers to see if that wont breathe life into it.
                            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X