To wait for the Wii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To wait for the Wii?

My dilemma... There's still plenty of space to wait for a Wii at the local stores I checked. Supposedly the Target closest to me is getting 120 in, and the Best Buy will probably have 50ish. Lines aren't even close to using that up yet.

I don't reallllly want to wait outside for more than 3 hours or so, but I have a feeling getting there at 5 or 6am will find me waking up to be out of luck...
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

waiting in line for the Wii, hmmm, i can think of a few things i'd rather do. getting kicked in the face, run over by a truck, having my hands cut off and never being able to play games again, all things that are much better!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
      waiting in line for the Wii, hmmm, i can think of a few things i'd rather do. getting kicked in the face, run over by a truck, having my hands cut off and never being able to play games again, all things that are much better!!
      I don't know, I was on the fence about the system, but now I think, honestly, no next generation console is as interesting.

Reason:

PS3 looks awesome, and will eventually have a great games most likely.

-My PC can look better (see: Crysis) and will have great games.

XBox 360 looks decent, and has about one game I'd want to play.

-see above for my PC.

Wii is actually innovative and might give a new experience.

Luckily, I called the local best buy and the conversation went like this:

"Hi, how many Nintendo's are you getting in?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Oh you don't know?"

"Oh no, it's confidential."

"Ah. Right well, when are you opening to sell them?"

"We'll be opening at 8am .............. Don't worry, we're getting plenty."

So I reckon I'll shoot with my original plan of rolling up about 6 or 7am.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I'm hoping to pick one up at a local walmart on Monday....

What launch games are you getting, Overseer?

I'm trying to pick two...I've narrowed it down to Zelda: TP, Madden 2007, and/or Trauma Center.
        "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
        - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
        - Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm gonna go with Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Trauma Center, and Monkey Ball!

I'm not a Zelda fan, but the reviews are so good I'll probably get it eventually.

Comment

dude, i love Marvel ultimate Alliance, i got that on the pc. it's a tad shorter than Xmen Legends 2, but it's alot of fun, and it has dareevil in it, that i love.

but i do hope you know i was kidding. i havent been a nintendo fan for a long time, and i just think they have become a gimmick. but, with that said, i think the Wii has the most potential to grab casual console gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
              dude, i love Marvel ultimate Alliance, i got that on the pc. it's a tad shorter than Xmen Legends 2, but it's alot of fun, and it has dareevil in it, that i love.

but i do hope you know i was kidding. i havent been a nintendo fan for a long time, and i just think they have become a gimmick. but, with that said, i think the Wii has the most potential to grab casual console gamers.
              Nah I agree, my initial impressions were it was a gimmick, but as it came closer to launch I decided it actually sounds like a lot of fun. And I don't have a HD tv, so the other consoles seemed like a waste at the moment.

I'm actually really skeptical that I'll like Marvel on the Wii, I think the PC is actually a better choice, but I figure I might as well get something that will really test how much I'll like the Wii (it just seems like the controls will slow the action too much in it, but it's gotten good reviews so far).

Comment

I am going to sit idely by and wait until christmas eve when my wonderfull fiance gives me a big large Wii sized package and tells me how much she loves me
                "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Overseer: How is it?

How was the line?
                  - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
                  - Winston Churchill

Comment

I got there a bit after 6, and got the 79th console (my fiancee got the 80th for a friend) out of 102.

Drove around everywhere until noon looking for extra controllers (best buy ran out about 50 or so in). No luck. Gonna try online now, and then time to go play the Wii.

I picked up Marvel, Rayman, Trauma Center, and Super Monkey Ball.

Comment

waiting for the Wii
                      어떻게 지내십니까?

Comment

Dang...my glorious plan backfired - my Walmart is sold out.
                        - Johann von Neumann

- Winston Churchill

Comment

Extra controllers are impossible to get apparently.

So I played for a couple of hours, spent a little time with each game in Wii Sports and then the fiancee and I played Rayman (since I only have one controller, by switching off at times).

A lot of fun - but really exhausting (then I took a nap). Next up will be Marvel if she'll let me get away with it, otherwise maybe Monkeyball...

Comment

Originally posted by Louis .v. View Post
                            Thanks - I just wasted 40 minutes watching those two episodes!

Dr. S.
                            Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I had a long conversation with a gamestop employee today about how bad the ps3 is doing. Traded in my ps2 (something I wouldn't normally do, but through a weird system of overlapping sales I ended up getting an additional 40% towards any trade ins). Goin to pick up my wii tomorrow, that's when they claimed they should have a new shipment.

I love the whole concept of the wii, it's exactly what I think consoles should aspire to be. PC for hyper realistic uber real simulations, and console for social party games.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X