X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirateship1982
    replied
    Originally posted by Pergite
    I have always had a problem with door and windowframes when using grenades in various FPS games. I remember good old Rainbow 6 that I and some friends used to LAN back in the good old days.
    We always went for the total tactical realistic aproach when entering buildings... and I always used to misplace the grenades I lobbed.
    When I ran screaming by my teamates and in to the same building that we where to storm, they usually realised what had happened.
    Ah yes, Rainbow 6. More than one time I have had a gernade bounce off a windowsill and land at my feet.

Leave a comment:

• Pergite
    replied
    I have always had a problem with door and windowframes when using grenades in various FPS games. I remember good old Rainbow 6 that I and some friends used to LAN back in the good old days.
    We always went for the total tactical realistic aproach when entering buildings... and I always used to misplace the grenades I lobbed.
    When I ran screaming by my teamates and in to the same building that we where to storm, they usually realised what had happened.

Then we have my spectacular low flying skills in Falcon 3 (also alot of LAN hours logged). I made a habit of using low drag bombs and flying way beneth any type of radar horizon. Sometimes I was out on CAS missions and when going in, too late realised that I was in an area that some F111 flight just where about to bomb, infact the bombs where allready dropped. When their shadows grew around me it was usually a tell tale sign that it even was to late to eject. Then there where a copule of sorties that ended with my flying into the windsheild of some russian built truck....

Leave a comment:

• Pirateship1982
    started a topic Goober Moments in Video Games

Goober Moments in Video Games

What are some of your big comical SNAFUs encountered while playing video games. Here's one that happened to me yesterday night.

I was playing Advanced Warfighter and was in the process of clearing arty from a castle courtyard. I had blown the two pieces and my team radioed me that they would send an APC to pick me up and to expect a heavy enemy presence moving in so hold the area until they arrive. I set up facing the only entry point into the courtyard and start popping bad guys as they come over the wall. It seems rather easy. Suddenly I notice a helicopter approaching. I think that's funny, I thought they were sending an APC to pick me up. The helicopter gets closer, I really don't need air support right now but waste not want not. I hit the cross com but there is no air support option. Funny, that doesn't look like a Blackhawk. Doesn't look like an Apache either. The helo drops ladders and men start pouring off. Guys, I don't need backup, there's hardly any enemy presence here, hey wait a minute! They're shooting at me! I finally realize that these guys are hostiles but by now it's too late. The helo and the troops simultaneously open fire on me from every angle and I am promptly taken down in Sonny Corleone fashion.

I am blaming it on the fact that my thinking was muddled by a sinus infection headache and the fact that I was so used to air superiority that it didn't occur to me to question the intentions of inbound aircraft. Still it was a moment of glorious supidity. The funny thing is it is a challenge so easily solved. One shot from that RPG/sniper rifle lit that sucker up like a roman candle.
Working...
X