Worst Video Games Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Video Games Ever

I did a worst movies thread. This seemed like a good next step.

Here are some starters:

Rainbow 6 for Playstation: This one gets it's shame for being so lousy. Virtually all of what made Rainbow 6 good is lost in the PS1 version. Graphics are tacky, the game is missing a lot of the teamwork tactical action that made R6 fun so that it becomes more of a hacky version of Goldeneye with lousier graphics. For once I can say that the N64 version was better. 100X better.

The Getaway for PS2: Another example of why you need to playtest your games with regular people and not professional joystick jockies. The first level is ridiculously difficult as you must drive a car with the damage absorbtion capacity of a ritz cracker through busy London city streets, chasing kidnappers. If you so much as brush a tea leaf, the car is out of action and the crooks will get away. After three days of a game I couldn't get 30 seconds into I promptly returned it. Thank goodness for Movie Gallery customer satisfaction garantees.

Conflict: Desert Storm for PS2. This one wasn't terrible but had a letdown factor in that I had been searching far and wide for a Desert Storm game with historical scenarios and when I get this it turns out to be another set of cookie cutter covert missions. The graphics weren't all that great either. Shoulda gone with Black Hawk Down.

Detla Force: Urban Combat for PS1: I was hoping for something akin to Rainbow 6 but no dice. It doesn't even have Delta Force operations. You play a DF operative working alone on Goldeneye style missions. Graphics even worse than R61 for PS1.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

ET for the Attari

Comment

How far back do you want to go? Colecovision, Odyssey, Intellivision, and Atari all had some stinkers (and some winners).
      If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Worst: Soldner: Secret Wars - so much potential lost

Most Dissapointing: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Just didn't trigger something like Morrowind

Comment

Football for the Atari 2600.

Even for the time, it sucked on ice.
          "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Drake for XBOX, worst rated game in history (except ET for Atari 2600 but its in its own bracket )
            Alliances With The Powerful Are Never To Be Trusted.

Comment

I can't name it, I'm still undergoing the therapy. All I can say is that it was the sequel to MOOII.

Dr. S.
              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                I can't name it, I'm still undergoing the therapy. All I can say is that it was the sequel to MOOII.

Dr. S.
                You must be talking about Masters of Orion III.

“To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I may be mistaken, but didn't Dr.S review MOOIII with such high praise as "it's as much fun as playing Microsoft Excel, just without the excitement", or some such thing.

That still cracks me up!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay
                    I may be mistaken, but didn't Dr.S review MOOIII with such high praise as "it's as much fun as playing Microsoft Excel, just without the excitement", or some such thing.

That still cracks me up!
                    Microsoft Excel IS fun! It's got spy hunter!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonofdecay

That still cracks me up!
                      It rings a bell.

I do recall that I was so annoyed with the whole thing I sent the same rambling letter slating the "game" to three separate PC games magazines and TWO of them published it!

I also had a plan to write out loads of post-it notes and stick them to unsold copies of the game in the shops. The notes were going to say "Don't buy this, you'll only get annoyed".

Dr. S.
                      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

The worst game I ever bought was 'Medal of Honor: Allied Assault'! It's the only game I ever traded in!

The worst game I played was one of the James Bond games on Xbox (so bad the title has been expunged from my memory ).
                        Signing out.

Comment

all bad

Comment

I can not belive someone actually typed out the name of 'the game that will not be mentioned'...
                            If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

The worst game Ive played was Age Of Empires III. I know what you people are gonna say, but I just could not get into the bloody story line. I wish it would have had a free form campaign.
                              Govenour Of Texas and all southern provinces. Kepper Of The Holy Woodchipper.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X