X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingdom under Fire

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/strateg...2tc/index.html
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/strateg...oes/index.html

Saw someone playing this one at Pensacola... Looked really interesting!!!!

Anyone play it?
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

I've played the demo for the earlier game.It was alot of fun for a button masher set to a soundtrack that goes well with the action on screen.

I don't normally like button mashers but i meant to pick up the game,just from the demo,yet for some reason never got around to it.

Comment

Well Dynasty Warriors is a button masher... this looked like it had more strategy...
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

I played a demo of the second game (Crusade). I thought it looked fun too. You get to control armies of orcs, elf archers, etc. It is also first person. The heroes you play look cool. So you can fight with your hero to plug the gap or direct your army to attack your target. I have been meaning to buy it, but I want to find it used.

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
          Well Dynasty Warriors is a button masher... this looked like it had more strategy...
          They took most of the strategic elements out for the demo but did go over them.There are also tactical elements to the game.You pick the troop types,at least it seemed that was what they were hinting at,you take with you into battle.The different troops play out like rock/paper/siscors in their strengths and weaknesses against other unit types.You will have alot of combat going on around you and your troops can handle their own as long as your not grossly mismatched.Most of the results of a fight will center on your heroes actions though.So be prepared to play your controller like a virtuoso.

I think i'm going to go up to the game store and check for these titles in the bargain bin now that i've been reminded of them.

Comment

I was about to say it looked fun, I guess its got a steep learning curve and a crapload of unit upgrades.... I saw him setting forests on fire to flush the enemy out and I that had my attention!

Comment

I'm going to the gamestore tonight to pick up these titles..would you like an impression ofvthe full games?

Comment

I could only find KUF:Heroes.

Though as a consolation i picked up Butchers Bay to soothe the hurt.

Comment

I can't play either game on the 360...but if i had bought Barbies horse adventures instead then i could be rocking and rolling right now.

WTF!

Who's the retarded genius that decides backwards compatability,and just how many 9 year old girls are playing the 360 that Barbie makes the cut but not Riddick.

Comment

SERIOUSLY! although I have been able to get Fable, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 to work.
                    Alliances With The Powerful Are Never To Be Trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGeezer
                      SERIOUSLY! although I have been able to get Fable, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 to work.
                      I can also play both Halos..but that wasn't the point.Why are two of the more popular games not available,along with several other good sellers,but a game for pre-teen girls is?I know i just see that demographic flooding every game store i go into.

Though i'll just go over to my friends house and try them.I gave him my old XBox when i got the 360,so its not too big a deal.It just baffles me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain Kooky
                        I can also play both Halos..but that wasn't the point.Why are two of the more popular games not available,along with several other good sellers,but a game for pre-teen girls is?I know i just see that demographic flooding every game store i go into.

Though i'll just go over to my friends house and try them.I gave him my old XBox when i got the 360,so its not too big a deal.It just baffles me.
                        According to MS, some games are easier to translate into comatibility while others are not. I think ones with Live are really hard to do. Supposedly they are looking to make all games useable on the 360...

Comment

Between me and my buddy i remembered what i hated about the game..

1.Camera angles suck.Yes they do.Your biggest enemy is not the forces you are fighting but in trying to realign the camera so that you can get your forces back into battle.

2.Fighting with your hero.With switching camera angles well don't expect much.Attacking an enemy with your hero is pretty much hit and miss(literally).

If you are slicing and dicing an orc don't be suprised if the angle changes and you are wailing at thin air.You hit an enemy and your hero can go all sorts of ways away from them.The game sucks in tageting.

Also trying to control more than one unit at a time can become quite frustrating.

Camera angles are crap,and just try to readjust them in the heat of battle.

The pluses?

A heavy metal soundtrack during battles.

You need to know how to use your units and how to move them..overall a 4 out of 5 star rating.Camera sucks as does the tutorial but once you understand how to play the game and use the different commands,as well as understanding the importance of equiment upradea..the game rocks.

This is definitly a game where reading the manual comes in handy.This game has a very steep learning curve.If you play it start off as the female warrior,as she gives you a better oppurtunity to understand the game mechanics.

There are three heroes with which you can begin with,before completing missions,but the female warrior is the best bet to use if you do not want to experience frustration in the early stages of the game.

Also remembr that you will need a fair understanding of tactics to play it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X