Panzer Tactics DS (CDV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panzer Tactics DS (CDV)

It looks like CDV is getting into the DS market with this strategy game. Expect Armchair to have a review as soon as they send us the goods. I'm actually looking forward to this one to go with my recently purchased DS.

From the CDV Site:

Product overview

Panzer Tactics DS is the first and only WWII turn-based strategy wargame for the Nintendo DS™. The game is played on hex-based maps and offers a variety of control options.

Panzer Tactics DS offers multiple single-player modes, including the historically based campaign mode that takes players through a series of increasingly challenging missions, leading to a showdown with an awesomely powerful enemy army. The top-notch AI will continue to amaze players with its skilful use of battlefield tactics and units.

All missions are based on historical battles from WWII, utilizing real-world units from the era. New units can be unlocked, while existing units earn experience through battle.

The graphics engine is designed to allow for an optimal battlefield overview, conveying the maximum amount of information without overwhelming the player, while displaying the excellent unit and terrain graphics available in the game.

Panzer Tactics DS features a four-player multiplayer mode via Nintendo ® Wi-Fi or DS wireless mode. In multiplayer matches, game speed and other parameters can be adjusted, allowing the gameplay to continue smoothly while players wait for one another to finish a turn.

Key features• Playable via DS Stylus, face buttons or a combination of both
    • Three unique campaigns (German, Russians and Western Allies) in 30 thrilling missions, including "commando" operations taking players behind enemy lines
    • Optional mission objectives to unlock bonus missions and other tactical enhancements
    • Over 20 different special attacks and 150 different land, sea and air units for all sides
    • Different battle animations for all units on any terrain and a wide range of special effects, explosions and weather effects
    • Nintendo Wi-Fi and multiplayer wireless mode with up to four players per game, along with hot-seat mode play for two-players on the same DS. A online ladder system keeps track of high scores.
    • 10 multiplayer maps of various sizes played on 14 varied terrain types
    Attached Files
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

The various screens make me think of the venerable Panzer General.

Comment

Gonna have to buy this - and maybe Brian and I can do some multiplayer when we meet up.

One of those screens looks like an antique version of Advance Wars.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I would buy this game, except for one reason.......
        Only three factions!!!!! WE NEED TO GET AWAY FROM GERMANY, ALLIES and RUSSIA!!! PLEASE GIVE ME ITALY! FINLAND! FRANCE! JAPAN! CHINA! ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything except for another 1942-1945 everyone vs Germany romp.
        I am sick of these games.

I'll sit this one out thank you!
        Alliances With The Powerful Are Never To Be Trusted.

Comment

Point taken GG, but...it's on the DS! Tank battles - on the DS! I mean...how cool is that?!

If enough people buy it, maybe they'll bring one out with the features you want... Oh, and it's Wi-fi so we can play across the Atlantic...

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Hmm me versus the great Doctor Sinister.....

Perhaps the game will be worthwhile after all, will go well with my new DS Lite as well.

I'm still angry, but my interest has increased.

Comment

Impressions from Gamespot grabbed by our very own E3 news-grabber!

linky
              "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
              - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
              - Winston Churchill

Comment

Well, the missions weren't exactly what I was expecting, but I guess the platform is more conducive to fast play rather than historical simulation. Still interested in checking this out in person, if nothing else than it should be more fun than the games I've got now.

Comment

What games?

Comment

Originally posted by GameGeezer
                    What games?
                    Well, technically speaking it is my wife's DS - and she only plays in the rec room of one of the Mario World games (not sure of the title). I think I have Nintendogs laying about somewhere as well as a couple others. That is why I have an interest in this title - to give me a reason to play the DS.

Comment

hahahaha. Well I recommend Advance Wars DS to you then. Great strategy and a whole lot more sides than this game.

Comment

Pereview up at Gamespy
                        http://gba.gamespy.com/nintendo-ds/c.../718306p2.html

"The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Panzer Tactics

Sounds like a great game! I'm going to buy it when it comes out. It's been a while since Nintendo released a game about World War II.
                          "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

Comment

I was "thinking" of getting a DS because my buddy always has one, and who cares if the games are mainly schlock diversions, that's the point of a hand held, it's a diversion.

Standing in a movie line with a DS will mean a lot more time can go by and me not caring.

When I saw this game though, it went from "I think I want a DS, to "when the heck are they releasing it?".

Likely the first time in my life I bought hardware for a game instead of the other way around.

I just bought my son his DS for his birthday. When all the blather is done, you can stuff your mega hundreds of dollars next gen of consoles where the sun doesn't shine. Blueray, HD, who cares, I have a DivX playing dvd player, and Sony's Blueray will be a long time competing with my ability to play ANYthing I damn well want on a dvd player. And I'm not interested in teenager console games at any rate.

Just glad my son couldn't care less about the next gen consoles either. He wants a computer upgrade.
                            Life is change. Built models for decades.
                            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I just found the game on Gamestop's site and was going to post here but I see its already old news.

First thing that comes to mind is Panzer Generals series. Looks interesting and I would definately consider buying it just to have a WW2 strategy game in the go. I'm sure it might have some draw backs since its on a hand held console, but I'll probably get it none the less. However, I'm thinking it'll be a little more complex than Advance Wars series, and thats great. For starters its a hex based grid unlike Advance Wars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X