No announcement yet.

PS3 pricing revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i hope Sony does well in this endeavor.From what i understand they kind of threw all their eggs into one basket on this one as video game and system sales now make up the lions share of their earnings.If it tanks its going to be bad for their company as a whole,plus it would mean less competition in the market and competition is always good for us consumers.

Comment

price higher than xbox 360

Comment

Or you couuuuuuuuld make a 600$ computer. Yeah yeah yeah before you all kill me I know you can't play with your 600$ computer in ULTRA HIGH HD 4BILLIONX ANTIALIASING and 3242354324354xINFINITE RESOLUTION!!!!1111 What you can do is play good, creative games like what companies like paradox offer, and besides that - you can do things that AREN'T games! I know it's crazy but you can do things like edit movies and pictures, look things up on the internet (gasp, visit armchair general!), do schoolwork (for some of us), and even get a little social interaction with people who aren't playing halo *cough* girls *cough*.

Alright I'm done, just a PC gamer causing trouble in the console forum

Comment

Well, a $600 computer can't play anything close to what the PS3 can if you're talking about the broad spectrum of games. You can spend $600 easy on just the graphics cards for a high end computer...
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
            Well, a $600 computer can't play anything close to what the PS3 can if you're talking about the broad spectrum of games. You can spend $600 easy on just the graphics cards for a high end computer...
            Yes I admit that, but are games alone ever worth that much - no matter how they look?

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
              Who says we can't turn the PS3 into a $600 dollar computer?

It would just be a little skimpy on RAM, but slap linux on that sucker and let 'er fly!
              "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
              - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
              - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Archamus
                Yes I admit that, but are games alone ever worth that much - no matter how they look?
                Heh, I get upset when my games stop defaulting to the highest settings...

Originally posted by gobeavs

It would just be a little skimpy on RAM, but slap linux on that sucker and let 'er fly!
                Quite true!
                “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by gobeavs

The only thing linux is good for....is installing osx!

Comment

Oooohh! burn!

Comment

Originally posted by GameGeezer
                      Agreed, XBOX 360 still has a long way to go, but this is definitely a massive morale boost for us XBOTS. Who in their right mind would pay $600 for a game console when it's competitor is $200 cheaper and already has a good base of games around it?!

Besides, the PS3 controller is a joke. Same as PS2's but with no rumble?!
                      Please.......

Oh and for more E3 goodness, check my E3 thread in the General Discussion section.

I agree xbox 360 does need a little work but its 200 dollars cheaper

Comment

"In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
                        - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
                        - Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X