X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii development costs: tiny

Relatively.

THQ president and CEO Brian Farrell:
    One of the things we like about that platform is the development costs...on the Wii are nowhere near what they are on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
    From Gamespot. While I guess it isn't a suprise it still intrigues me. The system will be cheaper for consumers, development is cheaper for game makers, and a radical approach to playing games - could it be the darkhorse of next-gen?
    "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
    - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
    - Winston Churchill

Although I think Revolution was a good, if not cocky, name and they should have stuck with it - the system is looking pretty interesting. If the price is substantially better than the rest, it could definitely come out very strong in the console wars...
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

As you all probably know....I have been touting 360's name around here for a while, but before that big white machine took over my living room, Nintendo was my company. XBOX 360 is the very first video game system I've ever owned that hasn't been Nintendo....and I've been playing since 1994.

Hearing news that Nintendo is making a comeback in the console arena fills me with pride!

LONG LIVE NINTENDO!!!
      Alliances With The Powerful Are Never To Be Trusted.

Comment

TIME Magazine hands-on with the Wii. Not the full article, I'll try to find that, but it is a good excerpt nontheless. Sounds great.

The third game, and probably the most fun, is also the simplest: tennis. The controller becomes a racket, and I’m smacking forehands and stroking backhands. The sensors are fine enough that you can scoop under the ball to lob it, or slice it for spin. At the end, I don’t so much put the controller down as have it pried from my hands.
        "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
        - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
        - Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X