X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War

Hands-on the PS2 version @ ign.com
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Interesting compared to AC5... the more kill-happy you are, the tougher the game is (by a little).

Lot's more aces to take out and each shows up depending on your style and level of play.

Each plane has 3 special weapons to choose from instead of just the base special like AC5 or AC4.

The missions... nothing new... masssive dogfight, down the canyon, blow up as much as you can within the time limit... nothing really stood out.

A good solid end to the AC series on the PS2.
    If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

AC0 is the same like AC5, right? If so then I wouldnt buy it unless it has new planes or so

Comment

I played it,it was ok kinda easy.

Comment

Wow

I still remember Ace: Air Combat Emulator that I had on my old Commodore 64 twenty years ago. I'm too young to feel this old.
          "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Leatherneck, it play a little differently. You don't have to buy a plane for each wingman... in fact, you only buy your planes and special weapons (one standard two optional) for your plane; the wingman planes are fixed.

It adds the Falken, Morgan, and Wyvern early on if you have AC4 and AC5 on your memory card (a bonus for those who kept those games) rather than making you play all the way through to get them.

The single biggest adjustment is the 'flying style'. If you run and gun for everything on the screen (inclusing nuetral targets or disabled planes), the game adjusts and puts you against (supposedly) tougher opponents (your style being 'mercenary'). If you only hit military targets and leave everyone alone, your style is called 'knight' and you fly against easier aces (I've found this to be true). Somewhere in the middle is called 'soldier' and I've found it actually as the hardest aces, but that's just me.

There are 150-odd aces to shoot down and they only show up at certain times depending on your style and level (at merc ace level you might see some ace and never see them as a knight on expert level or such).

Choice of your planes... nothing really new, the, F-1, the Draken, and the Morgan (like a Falken).
            If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvalla
              Leatherneck, it play a little differently. You don't have to buy a plane for each wingman... in fact, you only buy your planes and special weapons (one standard two optional) for your plane; the wingman planes are fixed.

It adds the Falken, Morgan, and Wyvern early on if you have AC4 and AC5 on your memory card (a bonus for those who kept those games) rather than making you play all the way through to get them.

The single biggest adjustment is the 'flying style'. If you run and gun for everything on the screen (inclusing nuetral targets or disabled planes), the game adjusts and puts you against (supposedly) tougher opponents (your style being 'mercenary'). If you only hit military targets and leave everyone alone, your style is called 'knight' and you fly against easier aces (I've found this to be true). Somewhere in the middle is called 'soldier' and I've found it actually as the hardest aces, but that's just me.

There are 150-odd aces to shoot down and they only show up at certain times depending on your style and level (at merc ace level you might see some ace and never see them as a knight on expert level or such).

Choice of your planes... nothing really new, the, F-1, the Draken, and the Morgan (like a Falken).
              Thanks, Chrisvalla. I probably will get that game sometime later.

Comment

Alrighty, folks. I finally got my hands on Ace Combat Zero several days ago which my parents gave me Best Buy Coupons that I could get whatever I get my hands on and later.....after I beat this game.....I was very impressed because this "AC0" remind me of Air Combat Game from PS One in 10-11 years ago and seem like a remake, but different story and probably the best game I ever play than any AC Series.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X