Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4

Well, my favorite game of last year is ushering in my new year also. Last spring or so I was playing RE4 constantly (in fact everyone in my apartment was) on my friend's Gamecube. Well after this Christmas I decided to finally pick up the PS2 version so I can have a copy (since I don't live with my friends who have it on the GC) and I must say - for a game that I already cleared 6 or 7 times on the GC, it was well worth my money to get it for the PS2.

The new addition, Separate Ways is a lot of fun (and took me about 3 1/2 hours to clear). It's worth checking out if you played the GC version, although if you actually own the GC one, it's not worth buying again just for the 3 hours extra - however, it's DEFINITELY worth getting if you either have never played it or don't have a copy of it for the GC.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
    I finally started Round 2 a few weeks back (after about a 5 month break from the game) and I'm glad I started back up. Hopefully I can accumulate enough cash this round to buy an infinite rocket launcher for next round...

btw, ASSIGNMENT ADA SUCKS!!! no save points?!?!?
    "If we have to give these bastards our lives, we give them hell before we do! " - Cpt. Mifune, The Matrix Revolutions

Comment

Assignment Ada isn't that bad, it's just the end boss, but there's a trick to it.

Save the money until you beat Assignment Ada, you don't need anything but the Chicago Typewriter. Oh, and make sure you finish Mercenaries to get the Handcannon.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Well, I'll tell ya, it pissed me off when they moved the locale out of Raccoon City. And when I heard that the new denizens weren't exactly the zombies of old. And when it wasn't the T-virus being the cause of the epidemic. My whole thinking was that RE4 just wasn't gonna be worth it.

I do believe I'm wrong.

I have a friend who's daughter is playing through it, and I've been watching it, and it's so far looking to be all the hype says. Great action, gameplay, spooky moments, scenes and graphics, all very well done. Gonna get bold one day and ask her if I can try it out!
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I agree I was disappointed when I first heard the breach from the previous games, but as soon as I saw my first preview of the game, I fell in love.

Once I finally got my GC owning friend to pick it up, it was over. I can seriously walk through that game with my eyes closed. I don't think I've ever gotten as much replay out of a game as I did with RE4.

And RE5 looks to be the same general controls and look (just a lot better looking) but this time back to Zombies!

Oh, besides in RE4, there's still bits of Umbrella poking around and causing trouble, it's not a complete divergence from the previous games.

Comment

Well, lemme take some of those words back, guys.

During my hiatus, I managed to borrow a PS2 and play through RE4. While it did have it's moments, I finished it with a let-down feeling, quite unimpressed. The boss fights were too easy to figure out their weakness, the dialog and voice acting were droll, and I sure didn't like the over-the-shoulder camera angle. Leon was supposed to be this highly trained operative, yet he had no stealth options at all, just run around upright and shoot. Was he not trained how to squat, go prone, peek around corners? With a weapon drawn, he turned far to slowly. And he obviously wasn't taught how to walk and shoot at the same time. The 'zombies' were completely unbelievable, and only seemed more like highly disgruntled Spanish farmers than something surreal. And don't even get me started on having to constantly rescue the President's daughter through the entire game. Umbrella was scarcely mentioned, one of the main characters of the whole series. I experienced nothing remotely gory, suspenseful, or anything that made me jump, much like the earlier games, even with the lights off. Yada, yada, yada, you guys dig?

I did enjoy playing the Ada missions, however. Much better done, IMHO. All in all, though, I wanna go back to my original premise: they should never have taken it so far from where it started.
            Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Why can't they make these things for XBOX???
              "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X