Worst game I have every played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StellarRat View Post
    Well, I can see point #1. #2, well, I pretty much suck at all sports having no natural talent, but I still enjoy playing and it gets me out of the house.
    Which is fair enough. But not everyone thinks that way, if they did the online community would consist of old men, the physically disabled and cantankerous old farts like me for long periods of the weekend..... which may not be a bad thing!
    Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
      Why? Two reasons:-

1) Like me the gamer might be too unwell and/or too old to participate

2) Gaming is fantasy made digital. The gamer may be the worst footballer to ever pull on a helmet but in the digital world he/she can be Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor or Dan Marino and live out the dream!
      Another point for me is while i fall under 2 for stuff like American Football I live in a more rural area so if i want to play any kind of non organzied sports there is a total of 10 people my age living within 15min driving distance, The game is alot less hassle finding people if you don't live in a big neighbourhood.

Also my #4. I live in a country of snow and ice so while it is quite possible to find or get a game of hockey or skating going, It definitely is not the best time to play football or play basketball outside, similarily when we endure our +40*c weather in the summer there is no chance to hear the sound of skates on ice.
      God didn’t create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would play a sports game in the first place. Why not actually go out and play the game for real? You get exercise and meet people instead of sitting on your hind end getting fat in the dark. Granted there are a few sports that are too expensive or not played in every area, but most have weekend league or place to play around nearly every place people live.
        I play my sports games because I practice the sport. It raised my level of enjoyment for both. I even bought an extra game just to exercise for my sport, thanks to the awesomeness of the PS Move.

Now what?

Definitely, picking the googly against the doosra when playing on a sticky wicket is just one art form that makes cricket the game it is,
        Sounds just like judo and jiu jitsu. I'm not convinced that it's more complicated, but I understand that it may be equally complex.
        "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by globetrotter View Post
          Eidos interactive had a game based upon organized crime- "Gangsters", I think. It was truly awful. The one they had on piracy "Cutthroats" was almost as bad. Fool me twice, shame on me!!
          Yeah it was the same with Codemaster fooled me twice shame on me
          http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Cricket is such an intricate game full of subtleties and micro-tactics that making it work on a console would seem to be a waste of effort. A variation of 'Football Manager' might work if based around the one-day or 20-20 versions of the game but not the longer versions.
            EA Sports seemed to do a really job of it specialy compared to the effort codemaster did

Comment

Why? Two reasons:-

1) Like me the gamer might be too unwell and/or too old to participate

2) Gaming is fantasy made digital. The gamer may be the worst footballer to ever pull on a helmet but in the digital world he/she can be Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor or Dan Marino and live out the dream!
              And isn't the poor bugger that always gets picked last and get stuck running around and no pass the ball to them

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
                And isn't the poor bugger that always gets picked last and get stuck running around and no pass the ball to them
                OK, American Football is one the sports that I can see playing on a computer. It's nearly impossible to play a neighborhood game of football with full teams, a real field, pads, etc... I live in a city of 100,000+ population and we don't have any organized football leagues except in the schools. Also, tackle football is borderline dangerous unless you're in good shape, young and have proper training even if you have all the equipment (helmets, pads, etc...) But, we do have organized amateur pickleball, basketball, soccer, racquetball, baseball, softball, roller derby, curling, ping-pong, lacrosse, Celtic sports, ice hockey, bowling, tennis, bicycle racing, running, and probably others I don't even know about. Nearly anyone can play one of those.

Comment

OK, American Football is one the sports that I can see playing on a computer. It's nearly impossible to play a neighborhood game of football with full teams, a real field, pads, etc... I live in a city of 100,000+ population and we don't have any organized football leagues except in the schools. Also, tackle football is borderline dangerous unless you're in good shape, young and have proper training even if you have all the equipment (helmets, pads, etc...) But, we do have organized amateur pickleball, basketball, soccer, racquetball, baseball, softball, roller derby, curling, ping-pong, lacrosse, Celtic sports, ice hockey, bowling, tennis, bicycle racing, running, and probably others I don't even know about. Nearly anyone can play one of those.
                  If you are fit enouph to do them rofl

Comment

So, do you wanna join our boxing club or our judo club? Or do you wanna use video games to spare your body?
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

The Best Game I have ever Played is Mario..This is the only One Game That I like to Play from My Childhood...So Many Parts of this Game I have played of This Game But
                      Super Mario
                      Super Mario 3D Land
                      Mario Kart
                      Mario Brothers etc..........are mine favorite..

Comment

Will Rock, a terribly done imitation Serious Sam FPS, had some awful bugs that needed a sizable patch to fix. Bad news considering how slow the Internet was back then. Support for it quickly died when some far better ones came out. Its motion control was so bad that it made you seasick. Too bad considering that the terrain and enemies were well modeled.

The worst one of all was a Windows 95 FPS Jurassic Park based game that used complex keyboard and mouse commands to move your arm for aiming a gun that could not be reloaded. Also, you could only carry two weapons at a time. By the time that you spent trying to pick up a gun and aim it, the carnivores had your character ripped to pieces.

Then, there were some God Awful platform ones for the Amiga which were nearly impossible to control. Others, like Dragon Lair, a 3-D animation, were too far ahead of their time, the arcade version using a CD-ROM for data storage, The Amiga one came on four highly encrypted floppys that were very touchy to crashing but it did show what graphic power the machine was capable of at the time. The nephew could played it through in three minutes as that is all of the game that could be put on 880k floppies at that time.
                        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X