Worst game I have every played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst game I have every played

Well done codemaster you have just put out the worst game ever no one buy international cricket 2010 the engine they use it is terrible and who ever runs codemaster should sacked everyone involved with the game who ever made this game probaly has never played or watched a game of cricket it is that bad. A. They have no idea of physics obviously when you bowl for some utter unknown reason the batsman play utterly the wrong shot for an example a hook or pull shot on a ball delievered 2 metres from the stumps and that should smash half way up middle stump but they are playing shots that make the ball look like it was a bounce and going past at chest hight which results in you being smashed for 4 or 6's when you decide to play bouncers for some utter unkown reason the bats man play foward defence and the ball hits the middle of the bat I havn't played club cricket just back yard cricket and watch it on tv but that doesn't make no sence at all and is the first thing that i really noticed. B. It is impossible to run a bats man out the fielder holds onto the ball for ages before he throws it also when you choose which end you want it thrown to it is thrown to the wrong end and for some reason when the bowler is throwing for the run out the ball goes threw the back of his hand back to the bowling end even though his arm looks like it is doing an under arm throw to the batting end and fielders do not dive in the field like they would in games like EA Cricket 07 so a lot of boundries you just see your fieldman basicaly run over the top of the ball with no attempt to stop it. C. Very small selection of stadiums so for australia you only get the gabba, SCG and the MCG and Auckland for NZ for example compared to cricket 07 that is just terrible effort and also you can't pick the type of wicket you want say for a test match like a green wicket, dusty wicket, Hard and dry wickets all you can choose is what day pitch you want so from a day 1 pitch to a day 5 pitch

so to sum it up i think it is the worst effort by gaming company to make a sports game and Codemaster should be ashamed
    http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

I'm always wary of sports and hunting games, no matter how much I like the idea of them. I own a few though, but I find it very hit and miss compared to other genres. Their strengths lie in that, well, you don't always have enough friends immediatly to hand to form a cricket team..but they're usually not up to the polish of other genre titles, it's a bit of a shame.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Want realistic sports play? Go to UFC Undisputed...
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
        Want realistic sports play? Go to UFC Undisputed...
        Believe that post is an OxyMoron

But I 2nd alot of the sportsgames. Madden and NHL have become good and playable, however i got a sport bundle game that included a baseball, a Nascar and the NFL was older (like 2003). I never did learn how to move my catcher in baseball. Nascar was simply a joke- I started off driving a truck for some reason... and NFL they emphasize to make your own character, which as soon as the season starts plays maybe once a game.

Hunting games i enjoyed for a while but the new ones are alot less fun. got an older Cabelas for Gamecube, and it was exactly what i wanted/ expected you get your tags, your firearm, and whatever supplies and bait you want and go hunt them. I got a newer one that demanded a motion control, that was problem #1. now instead of making it a semi-natural hunting experience its turned into a FPS with animals. believe 1st or 2nd hunt i went on I got attacked by a cougar and it turned into a animated cutscene... I turned it off at the next lodge and haven't played since.
        God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Eidos interactive had a game based upon organized crime- "Gangsters", I think. It was truly awful. The one they had on piracy "Cutthroats" was almost as bad. Fool me twice, shame on me!!
          "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by globetrotter View Post
            Eidos interactive had a game based upon organized crime- "Gangsters", I think. It was truly awful. The one they had on piracy "Cutthroats" was almost as bad. Fool me twice, shame on me!!
            Gangsters was great. But... you had to really know about crime to make it work.
            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Cricket is such an intricate game full of subtleties and micro-tactics that making it work on a console would seem to be a waste of effort. A variation of 'Football Manager' might work if based around the one-day or 20-20 versions of the game but not the longer versions.
              Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
                Cricket is such an intricate game full of subtleties and micro-tactics that making it work on a console would seem to be a waste of effort. A variation of 'Football Manager' might work if based around the one-day or 20-20 versions of the game but not the longer versions.
                Cricket is more intricate than football? (not the soccer kind)

More intricate than Mixed Martial Arts?

I haven't met the sport that EA couldn't turn into a good video game. Except of course, for soccer.

BoRG

Comment

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would play a sports game in the first place. Why not actually go out and play the game for real? You get exercise and meet people instead of sitting on your hind end getting fat in the dark. Granted there are a few sports that are too expensive or not played in every area, but most have weekend league or place to play around nearly every place people live.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                    Cricket is more intricate than football? (not the soccer kind)
                    It does go on for longer and have the possibility of a draw at the end of 5 days of playing. But both games are stat heavy and feature agile and fit males throwing balls a long way to varying degrees of accuracy!

More intricate than Mixed Martial Arts?
                    Definitely, picking the googly against the doosra when playing on a sticky wicket is just one art form that makes cricket the game it is,

I haven't met the sport that EA couldn't turn into a good video game. Except of course, for soccer.
                    They didn't make much of cricket
                    Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by StellarRat View Post
                      I'm trying to figure out why anyone would play a sports game in the first place. Why not actually go out and play the game for real? You get exercise and meet people instead of sitting on your hind end getting fat in the dark. Granted there are a few sports that are too expensive or not played in every area, but most have weekend league or place to play around nearly every place people live.
                      Why? Two reasons:-

1) Like me the gamer might be too unwell and/or too old to participate

2) Gaming is fantasy made digital. The gamer may be the worst footballer to ever pull on a helmet but in the digital world he/she can be Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor or Dan Marino and live out the dream!
                      Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
                        Why? Two reasons:-

1) Like me the gamer might be too unwell and/or too old to participate

2) Gaming is fantasy made digital. The gamer may be the worst footballer to ever pull on a helmet but in the digital world he/she can be Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor or Dan Marino and live out the dream!
                        Well, I can see point #1. #2, well, I pretty much suck at all sports having no natural talent, but I still enjoy playing and it gets me out of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by StellarRat View Post
                          I can't play some sports very intensly anymore without my heart trying to kill me, and also as I said earlier, there's not always anyone around to play with; the lowest I've managed to make work with street cricket was about four a side, any small than that with most games, and it's not worth the candle. If you don't have any friends nearby, then a computer game can help that little fix you need to adress. Also, they're good for learning the rules of a sport. But of course, they cannot replace real sports.

Also, some have manager elements, which can be fun, teach you how running stuff can work. But that's going more into some kind of business simulator. With hunting games, in some places there is no game to be had, or you may not have the money or licence for a fire-arm.
                          ------
                          'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
                            Believe that post is an OxyMoron

But I 2nd alot of the sportsgames. Madden and NHL have become good and playable, however i got a sport bundle game that included a baseball, a Nascar and the NFL was older (like 2003). I never did learn how to move my catcher in baseball. Nascar was simply a joke- I started off driving a truck for some reason... and NFL they emphasize to make your own character, which as soon as the season starts plays maybe once a game.

Hunting games i enjoyed for a while but the new ones are alot less fun. got an older Cabelas for Gamecube, and it was exactly what i wanted/ expected you get your tags, your firearm, and whatever supplies and bait you want and go hunt them. I got a newer one that demanded a motion control, that was problem #1. now instead of making it a semi-natural hunting experience its turned into a FPS with animals. believe 1st or 2nd hunt i went on I got attacked by a cougar and it turned into a animated cutscene... I turned it off at the next lodge and haven't played since.
                            I had one of the Cabella games like that; you got to chose your gear and head out into the wild. I remember one level I played where you go around a bit of Indian jungle, now, because of the grasses there was literally no way you know that a striped hyena was going to attack you, but when they did it was all of a sudden right at you and it would flip to a cut-scene - press x not to die -, so I must've killed about six of these striped hyenas with nothing but the rifle but and my fists. I don't know what the point of taking the ammunition was. Same in the African level, when Simba rocks up behind you (or even in front, because i dont think they were rendered/spawned very far from you and they ran like the clappers) you just had to cave his skull in with the rifle but or, even more commically, the character would whip out a knife and kill the beast. Then as soon as that cut scene ended, another lion would pounce, same cut-scene, same result. Those games could be considerably better made.
                            ------

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
                              ...Codemaster should be ashamed
                              After being involved with their Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising debacle, I would say that Codemasters is one of the most disreputable game companies out there. I wouldn't touch anything they made with a ten foot pole after that bait-and-switch-and-abandon disgrace.
                              Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X