• Show
Clear All

RTS Games:
    CnC: Red Alert 2
    Age of Empires 2
    CnC: Tiberium Sun
    “Come and take it!"

Comment

Confirmed that the Lemmings game works just fine on Windows 7.

Have found Castile Wolfenstein that I saved on my data transferred from the XP computer, burned it to CD and installed it on Windows 7. The installer worked OK, the CD key entered, and the game installed. It went directly to 640x480 mode. There is no support for 1680x1050 but the game can be set up in 1280x1024 which looks excellent. The intro ran flawlessly with the game play graphics outstanding given how dated they are. Have to learn how the FPS controls have the extras such as peak around the corners and sneaking up behind individual Nazis to silently take them out. Quite necessary since shooting any of them brings them all running to your location.

This is the Windows 98 version of the game, not the original DOS game.

Lemmings and Castile Wolfenstein are not listed on GOG but if you can locate them in your collection of old PC games, both will run on Windows 7
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Old games always bring back fond memories.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wargamer View Post
          Old games always bring back fond memories.
          Especially when you can get them for less you play for lunch.
          Silent Hunter UK
          Member of Phoenix Roleplaying

Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
            MechWarrior,
            Wing Commander
            Phantasmagoria

all of these series rocked on the PC
            Some of the greatest games ever made, good sir.

Comment

Placed a copy of Painkiller and its add on to a Windows 7 laptop with all the patches to V 1.64. (Needed to get past a bug in City on the Water that causes a crash to desktop.) After searching for where Windows 7 hides the saved games files, I copied them from another computer to the laptop. It now has all my game saves activated.

The 10 secret areas in Docks are a challenge but not impossible to get to. However, because lifts are only activated once in the game, you only get one chance to go after some. If not done in the right order, you will be unable to get at some others.

Four are accessed from the crane lift to the ship. You climb the braces to jump to the top of the shed on the crane for one, then go to the counterweight to jump across to the building where you played before, go to the building crane for the secret on that roof, crawl along the ledge to get the other on the side near the powerup on the trailer roof which you can then get next. The barriers will drop to let you back to the crane where you started. Miss those on the first try and you will not be able to get back on the crane counterweight to try again. You can still get on the ship by climbing on the crane ladder and jumping onto the high braces but the lift floor prevents you from getting back to the platform and the crane checkpoint.
              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Some old game i like to play
                Need for Speed
                Super Mario

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X