Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

What're you playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You going to get GTA V? I'm looking forward to that one. I think I've got Far Cry 3 lined up for tommorow, will have to make some space on the PS3 for it's files. fun
    Last edited by Selous; 24 Dec 12, 12:15.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• GTA V looks real good from what I've seen.

But then, I have every one of their games, bought my PSOne just play GTA.
      "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Assassins Creed 3 and I have to say that my feelings are mixed about it. Some of it I love but a lot of disapointment as well.

Comment

• I;m in heaven. I'm playing old games. My U-boat is at sea with AOD, my Me-262 rips B-17's with SOWTL and all those SSI games too.
          In Vino Veritas

Comment

• Originally posted by McMax View Post
            Assassins Creed 3 and I have to say that my feelings are mixed about it. Some of it I love but a lot of disapointment as well.
            Just got ACIII for Christmas-started it yesterday, but I'm only like 3-5% through it, maybe. It definitely takes some getting used to, with the different controls, guns, etc. Sometimes I find myself forgetting to hit B instead of X to counter, but when I am able to counter a couple soldiers at the same time, stab one on the ground, and shoot the other, it feels good.
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Bioshock:Infinite. PC. Get it. It's good. Even if you do it on a console.

Comment

• I finished Infinite on PS3, I really enjoyed it, especially the little details!

I've now gone back to playing Gran Turismo 5, and have been playing that since finishing Bioshock, though I'm thinking I might go back to Xcom on the PC or something else soon.
                ------
                'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Anyone know some good, preferably cheap games I could get on Steam? I'd like to start off with some good ones for college, since I most likely wouldn't have a console in the room.
                  "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                    Anyone know some good, preferably cheap games I could get on Steam? I'd like to start off with some good ones for college, since I most likely wouldn't have a console in the room.
                    Why not? Dorms here are packed with consoles.
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• I think you can't go wrong with Xcom at the moment, not sure how much it cots though at the moment but you'll probably get it in a sale soon enough.
                      ------

Comment

• Have you played all the standard Valve titles (HL, HL2, TF2, etc.)? They're not particularily expensive and should be easy to get on a campus networks bandwidth. If you're doing it on a laptop, hope you got a laptop with a good GPU.....
                        Renegade Ops, World of Goo, Orcs must Die, just a few simple but fun and easy timewasters....

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                          Why not? Dorms here are packed with consoles.
                          Oh I would prefer to have a console in the room-however ye olde parents wouldn't approve one bit!

Originally posted by boomer400 View Post
                          Have you played all the standard Valve titles (HL, HL2, TF2, etc.)? They're not particularily expensive and should be easy to get on a campus networks bandwidth. If you're doing it on a laptop, hope you got a laptop with a good GPU.....
                          Renegade Ops, World of Goo, Orcs must Die, just a few simple but fun and easy timewasters....
                          I've played Left 4 Dead 2 only, on the xbox. I might look into Team Fortress 2 however.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                            Oh I would prefer to have a console in the room-however ye olde parents wouldn't approve one bit!
                            College is absolutely no time to be concerned with what your parents approve of.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                              College is absolutely no time to be concerned with what your parents approve of.
                              Aye, pretty much-they (course, I mean Mom...Dad's are cool with everything) have backed off more and more over the past couple years or thereabouts-thankfully.

In reality though, the freshman dorm I got to see (it was in the yet-to-be-renovated residence halls though) didn't offer all that much room-naturally. Never saw a large freshman room in any of the college tours.

However I did get to see one of the suites that some sophomores had, and it was perhaps double the size of a freshman room-they had a pretty good sized TV and an Xbox. I'd like to at least get one then.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Playing a classic - Baldur's Gate (enhanced edition) as well as Fallen Enchantress, basically Civilization but with magic and tactical combat, its tons of fun.

Edit - As far as console, mostly Battlefield 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X