Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

What are you playing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-stressing with Field Commander Napoleon. A quite large battle in Savona is about to be joined.
    Pic is from BGG - not my desk.

Comment

• Getting ready to start a play by Post game using the OSRIC (1e AD&D) rules and a shiny new 1st Level Human Thief.
      Attached Files
      [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

• We've been playing Axis and Allies 1942 during lunch at work.

Comment

• Can't find a partner for ASL Friday evening. So I may try to get in an hour or two of Field Commander Rommel.

According to my campaign score from FC Napoleon last week, where I got sucker punched in 1798, the glorious name of Napoleon will be remembered for oh... about 50 years.

Comment

• Going back to my favorite area. 1980's WP vs Nato. This is a hybrid of two game system. Victory Games Flashpoint Golan provides the system and rules. SPI's Central Front provides the maps and situation. A dedicated war-gamer with excellent graphic skills provided the counter images to be used to make the counter.

This is the northern theater, using the BAOR and North German Plain maps from the SPI Central Front and it's relative from 3W's S&T.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

• Just got in from playing an ASLSK scenario from Special Ops #2.

Here's the last few games I've played. I've been pretty busy so it's mostly slow solitaire games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                Just got in from playing an ASLSK scenario from Special Ops #2.

Here's the last few games I've played. I've been pretty busy so it's mostly slow solitaire games.

Are there any non-ASL games in the new issue of Special Ops?
                I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

• Originally posted by TomDeFranco View Post
                  Are there any non-ASL games in the new issue of Special Ops?
                  It wasn't my copy so all I saw was the scenario we played. But here is the MMP spiel.
                  http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Pr...4/Default.aspx

Issue #2 of Special Ops features 36 pages of articles and analysis, a brand new game, and four ASL/ASLSK scenarios!

New Game:
                  Ukraine ’44: Ukraine ‘44 is a simulation game that focuses on one of the pivotal moments of the Soviet Winter Offensive in Ukraine in 1943 and 1944. Over the course of a week, the Axis 1st Panzer Army was cut off and encircled by strong Soviet forces of the 1st and 2nd Ukrainian Fronts and like its brothers at Stalingrad and Korsun, expected to be destroyed. In what would called the battle of the Kamenets-Podolsky Pocket (or Hube’s Pocket), the Germans would fight and claw their way out and finally escape. Hube’s successful operation to escape encirclement is still studied to this day as a model of how to breakout from a pocket.

ASL/ASLSK Scenarios:
                  ASL O3 - A Frosty Morning: Tunisia, 1 December 1942, British vs. Axis
                  ASL O4 - Ain't Running Away: France, 7 August 1944, American vs. German
                  ASLSK S39 - Use Your Tanks and Shove: Tunisia, 3 February 1943, American vs. German
                  ASLSK S40 – Island Retreat: Italy, 30 January 1944, American vs. German

Articles
                  The second issue of Special Ops is jam-packed with strategy and analysis articles for many of MMP's fine games, including: Bravery in the Sand, ASL, ASL Starter Kit, SCS The Mighty Endevor, and GCACW series. You'll also find a Dutch SASL campaign, and a regular feature covering many folks associated with MMP.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                      It wasn't my copy so all I saw was the scenario we played. But here is the MMP spiel.
                      http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Pr...4/Default.aspx
                      Thanks for the link.
                      I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

• Just got in from playing the Advanced Squad Leader scenario - Cutting Off A Hydra's Head.

Comment

• Duncan's playlist looks like mine as of late, including Up Front which I'm finally getting into after all these years.

I have a copy of thd UK'44 OP's as well- have you tried UK'44? I like Starkweather's Japanese developed and imported game conversions (Fire in the Sky and Rage Against the Marines are great examples).
                          "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." -Dean Vernon Wormer

The Proving Grounds

Comment

• Originally posted by GJK View Post
                            Duncan's playlist looks like mine as of late, including Up Front which I'm finally getting into after all these years.

I have a copy of thd UK'44 OP's as well- have you tried UK'44? I like Starkweather's Japanese developed and imported game conversions (Fire in the Sky and Rage Against the Marines are great examples).
                            I'm not familiar with the issues you quote. The scenario was ownded by my opponent.

We play an Up Front tournament every November. I decided I would play it a bit this year. I always end up having to relearn it the day or two before the convention. I hate doing it rushed like that.

Comment

• Star Trek Klingon Monopoly

This weekend, my friend pulled out her brand new Monopoly game and we played it. I haven't played Monopoly in years. This Star Trek Klingon version is pretty darn fun!

It’s monopoly done up in a Klingon theme with special game pieces and a new board and cards. They have the coolest game pcs like the Klingon bird of prey.

She also bought this game...

We are currently reading the instructions...
                              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X