What are you playing this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you playing this weekend?

I've just sent off some files for email/VASSAL games of...

Spent some time catching up on my AHIKS match coordinator duties as well.

We're playing D&D 3.5 this evening. My wife is starting a campaign because I don't feel like running mine today. Better get to making my character.
    Last edited by Duncan; 05 Aug 11, 11:44.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Boots on the Ground.

Comment

I don't have anyone to play against but I saw rules for solo play in 'Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear' so I might give that a shot.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Painting the foyer, entry way, stairway and upper hall........ I'll be lucky if I even read anything wargame related this weekend....
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Mostly Civilization II and IV. PBEM and MP. Sitting here debating if I should play anything or read. Not sure which will win.
          "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
          And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

We had a pretty decent crowd on the week-end so we played an inprompto game of Diplomacy. Lots of back stabbing and double crossing was had by all. lol.
            I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those little red knives.
            ~Billy Connolly

Comment

I'm doing a demo of Dystopian Wars at a game store. Maybe a skirmish game of Warhammer 40k, too.
              RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Gonna continue a game of Ardennes '44. It's going bad for Ze Germans, Peiper couldn't even reach Stoumont.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                  Gonna continue a game of Ardennes '44. It's going bad for Ze Germans, Peiper couldn't even reach Stoumont.

I need to get this one back out. I played 20+ turns of M.S's Normandy 44 at Consimworld and enjoyed it very much....
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    I need to get this one back out. I played 20+ turns of M.S's Normandy 44 at Consimworld and enjoyed it very much....
                    Yep they are great games, I like MS's system, have you tried his Caucasus one?

Comment

Luxembourg - Dec 1944 (ie - grainfields are out of season)
                      Trying to figure out the best way for my Volksgrenadier to attack the gun positions. Also working on a Rommel in the Desert - 1940 game but can't post pictures because it's a block game and my opponent might wander by.

Last edited by Duncan; 05 Aug 11, 11:47.
                      AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                      The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Heroes of the Gap arrived yesterday so while I'm not playing it this weekend, I am punching and reading. Have to say from a production standpoint this is one slick looking game.

Must admit though I feel a little tricked about the title. "Heroes of the Gap." Here, I thought I was buying a game on the great Mall Wars of '04, with scenarios focusing on the Pleated Khaki Banana Republic Summer Offensive, but apparently the game is about killing Commies.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Krol! View Post
                          Heroes of the Gap arrived yesterday so while I'm not playing it this weekend, I am punching and reading. Have to say from a production standpoint this is one slick looking game.

Must admit though I feel a little tricked about the title. "Heroes of the Gap." Here, I thought I was buying a game on the great Mall Wars of '04, with scenarios focusing on the Pleated Khaki Banana Republic Summer Offensive, but apparently the game is about killing Commies.
                          <chuckle>

I fired up a demo of Dystopian Wars at a not-so-local game store yesterday. It got good reviews.

Apparently the local store is filled with plenty of minis for the game but the rules are rather difficult to come by. I would speculate that they all got sucked into the summer con vortex and should begin to percolate through the supply chain now that GenCon is over, but that's purely speculation on my part.

Anyway, having a copy of the rules, I guess I'm the big winner this summer.

And, I picked up a Metzger robot, just to seal the awesomeness of my mighty Prussian army!
                          RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Friday night and I'm learning GMT's Twilight Struggle on VASSAL. The Mod maker did an EXCELLENT job. Automated almost all of it. This game has to be played via Internet live connection, PBEM would be to much. 60-90 minute playing time. Perfect. This might be the one that makes me try live play via VASSAL.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I stayed up late last night playing Tide of Iron with a friend I am slowly getting into wargames.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X