Dungeons and Dragons 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
    I have got a ton of 3.5 books. Yes, it's very complicated. Yes, you do roll for negotiation, spot, etc.

But...a good DM will make allowances. What needs to be balanced is whether the person is exceeding the limits of the character. You may brilliantly negotiate with an orc and make a wonderful case why a villager should be spared...but if your character's charisma is 8...what is a DM to do?

That said, good role-play should be valued over good rules-lawyering. I have never let the rules get in the way of a good game.
    I've always thought of 3.5 as being the equivalent of ASL. IMO, it removed much of the power of a DM.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
      1st edition players handbook and DM Guide still suffices.. I started in 79.
      Anything after that remains lame.
      Always tought it would be cool to find a copy that had halflings called Hobbits.
      Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post

Funny, I've played sports in High School and spent most of my adult life in the military...bust aspire to nerd-dom.
        You should see a bunch of drug-dealing, weapon-carrying, Cognac-sipping gangsters play D&D. It makes no sense to some of the people I've met...

People I meet in school still can't believe it when I tell them I play...
        Last edited by Paul Mann III; 30 Apr 11, 09:49.
        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

This seems like a good place to post this D&D video/song. Enjoy

Roll a D6
          Only Tearful, Animal Man Through the Nature of his Being is Destined to a Life of Warfare...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a0ORdQU
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam4l...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
            I've always thought of 3.5 as being the equivalent of ASL. IMO, it removed much of the power of a DM.
            I hear you, but I'm not sure I agree with that. Look at all the environmental books: settings in the desert became lethal. Settings in the cold became lethal.

Sure, players could spec all over the place, but if the DM required folks to clear progress paths with them first, it was manageable. The cool thing about D&D was it was scalable. If the players got too powerful, just make the encounters more dangerous
            RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope&Glory View Post
              This seems like a good place to post this D&D video/song. Enjoy

Roll a D6
              Nice. That is the best fething D&D video I have seen yet. Excellent find!
              RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X