Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Geo-Political Board Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good Geo-Political Board Game

    Is there a good geo-political/grand strategy board game? If so, can you suggest one (or two or three or as many as you want) for me?

  • #2
    Twilight Struggle is the best one I can think of.

    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...light-struggle

    Comment


    • #3
      Supremacy had a big following for a long time, but I've heard it's got flaws
      In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at GrogHeads.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Supremacy probably does have flaws, but it's still a great game. Lots of expansions to it, too. I can't recommend it enough.

        Twilight Struggle is great, too.

        Are you looking for something modern or a will something in the mid-20th Century do?

        If you don't mind one that's quasi-WWII then I would also recommend Eagle Games' Attack! + the Attack! Expansion. I played it with some modified house rules, but the game itself isn't flawed, just improved with some minor tweaks.
        RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

        Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

        Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was about to suggest the new GMT game on the GWOT, Labyrinth, but I see its already out of stock:

          http://www.gmtgames.com/p-294-labyrinth.aspx

          Comment


          • #6
            We picked up the new Diplomacy a while back. I think it might qualify as something along the Geo/Pol lines. Not a good 2-3 player game though. For good mechanics it useally requires at least 5 payers. Its fun though with lots of back stabbing, under the table treatys and deceptions.

            J_S
            I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those little red knives.
            ~Billy Connolly

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
              I was about to suggest the new GMT game on the GWOT, Labyrinth, but I see its already out of stock:

              http://www.gmtgames.com/p-294-labyrinth.aspx
              I have not yet played it, but the rules are nice, the production values are typical top notch GMT.

              One remaining here, for only 39 bucks!

              http://miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/1154185

              Even cheaper:

              http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.ya...arontegbo.html

              Another good reseller:

              http://wargamedepot.com//catalog/lab...or-p-1611.html
              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
              “To talk of many things:
              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              And why the sea is boiling hot—
              And whether pigs have wings.”
              ― Lewis Carroll

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                I was about to suggest the new GMT game on the GWOT, Labyrinth, but I see its already out of stock:

                http://www.gmtgames.com/p-294-labyrinth.aspx
                Scott's got it in stock at Gamer's Armory.
                In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at GrogHeads.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
                  If you don't mind one that's quasi-WWII then I would also recommend Eagle Games' Attack! + the Attack! Expansion. I played it with some modified house rules, but the game itself isn't flawed, just improved with some minor tweaks.
                  Yes, and the War! Age of Imperialism game is very good too - sort of an "advanced Risk" but in all the right ways.
                  In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at GrogHeads.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I tried Twilight Struggle and I think it's very great! I enjoyed playing it all day long yesterday but I still like simple games like solitaire or hearts which I play on Gameduell.
                    Maybe someone of you knows that? There I can challenge other people and it's a nice alternative to games like WOW which I however enjoy playing.

                    See ya!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JohnnySideburns View Post
                      We picked up the new Diplomacy a while back. I think it might qualify as something along the Geo/Pol lines. Not a good 2-3 player game though. For good mechanics it useally requires at least 5 payers. Its fun though with lots of back stabbing, under the table treatys and deceptions.

                      J_S
                      Don't try Diplomacy after more than 10 units of alcohol.

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X