No announcement yet.

Do dice get old?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, for one, will will be inspecting my entire dice collection now. I have two sets of "lucky dice," and I'm worried about their condition.

And I was relieved to see that other people have "lucky dice." I thought I was a freak. My PC-killing dice are rarely used, and feared by all.
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

my streak-buster die is a solid steel d20 that I got in an Iron Heroes accessory kit.

the rest of the kit was kind of mediocre - typical DD3E power-gaming fare, but that solid d20 made it totally worth it. I've even had to take it out of my carry-on once to show that it wasn't a weapon.

It's not weighted, or unbalanced, or anything else. It just seems to know what we need: rolls high when you need a high roll, and low when you need a low roll. But you can't abuse it. It has to be used stopping a significant bad streak of rolls. You can't use it just 'cuz you think you need a big roll. It doesn't just roll 20s or anything. it rolls what you need when you need to break a streak. Sometimes it rolls a 13 when you needed a 12+, but so far, it's pretty infallible. I love it.
      In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at GrogHeads.com

Comment

I don't know if dice get old but earlier today I did notice that when I rolled my Mechwarrior dice, they started complaining about their backs hurting.
        QamuIs Heg qaq law' lorvIs yInqaq puS

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
          I don't know if dice get old but earlier today I did notice that when I rolled my Mechwarrior dice, they started complaining about their backs hurting.
          They might just need the batteries changed in their Heat Sinks. I hear sufficient heat is good for aches and pains.
          [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

I now know why my old Dungeons and Dragons dice from the red box are so chipped and wore out. I also have ideas about how to shave some dice and kick my brother's but at Tide of Iron. heh heh. (not really)

Comment

So far my dice are working as well as ever...or so my wife has told me

Comment

Originally posted by BayonetBrant View Post
                my streak-buster die is a solid steel d20 that I got in an Iron Heroes accessory kit.

the rest of the kit was kind of mediocre - typical DD3E power-gaming fare, but that solid d20 made it totally worth it. I've even had to take it out of my carry-on once to show that it wasn't a weapon.

It's not weighted, or unbalanced, or anything else. It just seems to know what we need: rolls high when you need a high roll, and low when you need a low roll. But you can't abuse it. It has to be used stopping a significant bad streak of rolls. You can't use it just 'cuz you think you need a big roll. It doesn't just roll 20s or anything. it rolls what you need when you need to break a streak. Sometimes it rolls a 13 when you needed a 12+, but so far, it's pretty infallible. I love it.
                The Holy Grail of dice. That's cool.

Like I said, nobody wants loaded dice, but we all want lucky dice.
                RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Working...
                X