Name That Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, a really hard one

unless you know exactly where to find the answer, this one is going to be very tough
    Attached Files
    In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

Comment

were the thre maps I posted really *that* hard?

Or have I just succeeded in killing another thread?
      In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

Comment

Well... Hm... this one is in Europe...
        AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
        The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by BayonetBrant View Post

Just don't know the game.

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
          Well... Hm... this one is in Europe...
          It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.-George S. Patton

Comment

Got me on all of them. I'd say the last one looks like maybe a game on WWI or Franco\Prussian War stuff. Just guessing based on the German Imperial Eagle on the map.

good pics, too darn good for me.....
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

At first I thought it was Home Before the Leaves Fall because I only recall COA using that kind of funky font...but that ain't it. Then like Combat Engineer I thought maybe go back a little further. Perhaps Blood & Iron by People's Wargames. But nope.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Krol! View Post
                At first I thought it was Home Before the Leaves Fall because I only recall COA using that kind of funky font...but that ain't it. Then like Combat Engineer I thought maybe go back a little further. Perhaps Blood & Iron by People's Wargames. But nope.

Yes, it did remind me of a COA style map. I could not find any game that would have that map on their Website however....
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                  I'd say the last one looks like maybe a game on WWI or Franco\Prussian War stuff. Just guessing based on the German Imperial Eagle on the map.
                  F-P War...

I was about to post the answer to this, when I saw that you weren't giving up yet! (Thank goodness we can edit posts... )

The other two were both board games released by major publishers over 20 years ago.

Comment

Ha, I usually just hit the last page in a thread so I didn't even see the first two pics. Not that it matters, those two are tough. The only games I remember not having hex numbers were the Cry Havoc system from Standard, but that's not how their maps look. And that second shot definitely looks like something from the '80s but other than that I don't think I've ever seen it.

Going back to the third one, lemme ask ya this, is it a boxed game or a magazine/DTP title?

Comment

My last thought was I remembered there was an Against the Odds F-P game, but that's not it. So...

See that in the hamper? That's my towel. Tossed in.

Comment

Okay, so I took pics of some maps this weekend. I'll unveil them one at a time, from easiest to hardest. None come from magazines or are DTP. With the exception of one title they were all published by major publishers. Age varies from the 80s to the 2000s. I tried to go for unique maps.

This is the first and simplest. This will probably be called out by midnight.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My last thought was I remembered there was an Against the Odds F-P game, but that's not it. So...

See that in the hamper? That's my towel. Tossed in.
                          Upcoming F-P game from VPG...

see the attachment to the post at the top of this page:

http://talk.consimworld.com/[email protected]@.ee6c6c1/4475

anyone got any other guesses on the first 2?

Comment

This is the first and simplest. This will probably be called out by midnight.
                            Target Arnhem: Across Six Bridges from MMP.

I actually own this one
                            I got it at Origins '05 when BayonetGames made our convention debut...

Comment

Target Arnhem: Across Six Bridges from MMP.

I actually own this one
                              I got it at Origins '05 when BayonetGames made our convention debut...
                              I have that one somewhere. Obviously I haven't openned it yet.
                              AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                              The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Hint time...

First map is from a GDW game.

Second map is from an AH game.

Comment

Working...
                                X