Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of games are people playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of games are people playing now?

What games are people currently playing now? I know this changes periodicly depending on your mood or whats new. Right now I am playing:

Diplomacy
    War at Sea
    A & A 50
    Axis and Allies Minis

The War at Sea is the newest for me. I am still in the learning stages but it plays quite well and has lots of action. The minis and paint on the BBs and Carriers are pretty awesome. They are one big chunk of plastic!

J_S
    I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those little red knives.
    ~Billy Connolly

6 of us played Conquest of the Empire for the first time this past weekend (annual Guys Weekend).

Great fun. Kind of a cross between Axis & Allies and Diplomacy set in ancient Roman Empire. Lots of intregue and backstabbing and outright conflict with legions, cavalry, catapults and triremes.

Comment

As the saying goes, you don't always get what you want.

I would rather be playing ASL, but, my routine is commonly focused on role playing games.

It's not the D&D 4th edition is better, I just like what I like about it enough to pick it over the other editions.

Given a choice, I'd mostly rather play Alternity with a purpose made Fantasy genre setting.

I am currently re visiting the delusion I can design a viable RPG as well

A couple of friends have also gotten me back into playing Legend of the 5 Rings (CCG).
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

For a long time I pretty much stuck with PC wargames, mainly tactical level stuff (Steel Panthers and Combat Mission) however in the last 2 years or so I have really gotten back into ASL (OK its SASL and not ASL for the ASL purists out there). In addition to that I have picked back up on playing P&P RPGs (Rolemaster and Harnmaster) via VTT apps. Right now I'm pretty much playing those exclusively, with all other games being temporarily shelved or deleted from the HD.
        Last edited by Double Deuce; 03 Feb 11, 09:45.
        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

None at the moment, and that's a shame.

Comment

ASL and ASLSK via VASL
            Talisman over a bottle of wine with friends on occassion
            Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 about once a month or so

I may try and dig up some face-to-face ASL(SK) and Up Front soon.
            AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
            The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
              For a long time I pretty much stuck with PC wargames, mainly tactical level stuff (Steel Panthers and Combat Mission) however in the last 2 years or so I have really gotten back into ASL (OK its SASL and not ASL for the ASL purists out there). In addition to that I have picked back up on playing P&P RPGs (Rolemaster and Harnmaster) via VTT apps. Right now I'm pretty much playing those exclusively, with all other games being temporarily shelved or deleted from the HD.
              Steel Panthers was a great game. I played that for ages until I upgraded my computer and it would not load. Sad day! Panzer general II did load up so I play that when im bored.
              I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those little red knives.
              ~Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                ASL and ASLSK via VASL
                Talisman over a bottle of wine with friends on occassion
                Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 about once a month or so

I may try and dig up some face-to-face ASL(SK) and Up Front soon.
                Ive been into VASL a few times and it looks like a pretty cool site. How does it work? Is it smooth?
                ~Billy Connolly

Comment

Lots of Q&D games:

- Dominion
                  - 7 Wonders
                  - Tank on Tank
                  - Splice
                  In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

Comment

Just this past Sunday, a day or so before the snow started, my best gaming partner and I started getting into Scratch One Flat Top by an old defunct company, 3W. The game seemed to play well.
                    I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySideburns View Post
                      Ive been into VASL a few times and it looks like a pretty cool site. How does it work? Is it smooth?
                      I play by email. The interface is very smooth but takes some time to learn how to set it up and where everything is. How well a game plays depends mainly on the two people involved.
                      AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                      The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

I'll play almost any American-style game given the opportunity. Eurogames don't do much for me, but if an opportunity arises for some kind of war/stategy game I'll usually jump on it.

My latest interest is in minis. The Warhammer/WH40K universe has attractive minis. The game system may not be the best, but you can usually find a game in almost any mid-sized town which makes it a win in my book.
                        RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Being able to find a game when you want one is a important consideration to choosing a game. Im lucky to have a bunch of nerdy friends that like playing games.LOL. We can get together 1-2 times a week for a few cold ones and a game of some sort. Options like VASL, online gaming, PC gaming are only a back-up for me as there is nothing better than a night out with good friends.
                          ~Billy Connolly

Comment

Barbarossa, East Front, Mohawk, Roads to Stalingrad, No Retreat, Ardous Beginning.

Comment

I'm new here,I play quiet a few games.
                              I recently started playing a hypothetical WWIII game. Very cool. Great 'universe' of stories too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X