BottosCon 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BottosCon 2010

AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Only a couple of days until this happens.
    I'm set up for the Up Front tournament. I place second last year.
    I likely have a game of ASLSK set up.
    My Tac Air opponent went and got himself transferred to Ottawa.
    I have a day and a half of open gaming then.
    I'll post pictures next week.

Comment

Good luck bud

And I know you will have fun there, will there be any Flames of War or conflict of Heroes gaming as wel over there? if so a couple of pics and your thoughts on them please when you have time.

Cheers, wish I could get away to things like this myself, but not to be sad to say!!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
        And I know you will have fun there, will there be any Flames of War or conflict of Heroes gaming as wel over there? if so a couple of pics and your thoughts on them please when you have time.

Cheers, wish I could get away to things like this myself, but not to be sad to say!!

Tom
        I believe there is some Conflict of Heroes planned. I would love to play that again. There is another game very similar that I don't remember the name of.

Hm... I'm hoping they draw the door prizes early Sunday. I have a judo club fundraiser to get to as well. Busy weekend. Luckily my wife is out of town.

Comment

Nice

Gaming and Judo on your own, a great weekend for ya. I look forward to the pics and reportin, and perhaps thoughts of other gamers you run into on their state of gaming in their part of the world, what they are palying WW II to RPG's and other interesting topics, let alone a shout out to ACG to join us in the game forums as well as others.

Cheers, If ther is no Flames playing perhaps you could ask about what hthey think about it if you would, the new Early War, Italy book, late war Rusian front finally out and the new price hike, just to name a few topics........ LOL

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
            I believe there is some Conflict of Heroes planned. I would love to play that again. There is another game very similar that I don't remember the name of.

Hm... I'm hoping they draw the door prizes early Sunday. I have a judo club fundraiser to get to as well. Busy weekend. Luckily my wife is out of town.

I have Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear but sadly only played it several times. If you do play takes some pictures and maybe post a little AAR?!

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

I think that Awakening the Bear is what I played. Just the first scenario though.

My wife packed the camera with her. Rob usually takes some pictures though.

Comment

Reviewing the Up Front rules for tomorrow.

Comment

Gaming and Judo on your own, a great weekend for ya. I look forward to the pics and reportin, and perhaps thoughts of other gamers you run into on their state of gaming in their part of the world, what they are palying WW II to RPG's and other interesting topics, let alone a shout out to ACG to join us in the game forums as well as others.

Cheers, If ther is no Flames playing perhaps you could ask about what hthey think about it if you would, the new Early War, Italy book, late war Rusian front finally out and the new price hike, just to name a few topics........ LOL

Tom
                  The attendance is lower this year. Between 40-50 people. So far I'm getting my butt kicked. 1win and 2losses in the Up Front competition. My first game using an AFV though. It was fun. The competition is still going on but I needed to get home and catch up on my sleep. We'll be playtesting a WWII RPG that's in developement tomorrow evening.

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
                    I have Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear but sadly only played it several times. If you do play takes some pictures and maybe post a little AAR?!
                    There is a copy for sale at the con, $50. I was tempted but I promised not to buy anymore games and play what I have (same thing for models and books).
                    I think the other game that was recommended to me, with some similarities to CoH, was Combat Command. It is pure infantry and not as complicated I am told.

Comment

Up Front AAR

Game 1 - City Fight - Points for inflicting casualties and moving forward into building terrain. My American infantry vs. German infantry.
                      It went about 2/3 time. We both moved from cover to cover. I took a few casualties and we were both able to advance into building terrain. I started to inflict some casualties and close the points gap, but not enough. He just needed to sit tight in his buildings and defend but he chose to attack instead. My opponent actually moved out of building terrain to get better shots. I thought this was a mistake because he was still ahead. We picked away at eachother and he outshot me. I took 50%+ losses, ending the game.

Game 2 - Attacking a pillbox - Vacate the Soviet pillbox with German infantry, flamethrower, and demolition.
                      Went about 2/3 time. I took some early risks by moving closer through open terrain. I wanted to move before he could block me. My assault group needed to be point blank for the flamethrower and SMG to be effective. I took a few casualties from the LMG and rifles in the pillbox as expected, but not many. The Soviets took a few as well. I went to cover as I got close. Two things came together to make my early risk pay off. My opponent was unable to fire effectively as I approached and he didn't move a squad up to block my advance. My flamethrower walked up and wiped out the Soviet pillbox with two devastating shots.

Game 3 - Infantry's iron fist - U.S. rifle squads and M8 against German infantry with panzerfaust. Object is to move forward into cover.
                      This went almost full time. I tried to move forward early through open terrain again. My opponent pulled off an early devestating fire wiping out my left flank. We were both shocked at the amount of effective fire he managed to put down at long range. We both then moved forward under cover. I used a lot of smoke. My M8 and remaining rifle squad were unable to coordinate fire. My opponent was getting tired of being harrassed by the M8 and my right flank was at point blank with good cover. He retreated and was no longer blocking my advance. I followed with the rifle squad. If just three men of the four left in this squad could move up and find cover I would win. I could easily rally any men that were pinned during movement. Time was running out and I needed to be aggressive. But... his fire was good enough to bring me to 50%+ casualties, ending the game.
                      Last edited by Duncan; 13 Nov 10, 04:11.

Comment

Thought I would throw out some pictures of the con from last Nov.

Here is me and ??? playing ASLSK.

War of the Rings - I think.

Back left is the Up Front tournament area.
                        The gent standing up if Rob - the organiser.

Comment

And a video from the 2009 con.
                          The 'Conan' music makes my wife **** herself laughing. I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing.

Comment

Nice

What took ya so long....lost and now found the pics I suspect.... LOL

Cheers

Tom

Comment

What took ya so long....lost and now found the pics I suspect.... LOL

Cheers

Tom
                              Nah. Just kept awake with a cold and surfing Facebook pics.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X