Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another good one, Where There Is Discord,
    http://www.fifthcolumngames.com/

A solitaire game about the Falklands War.

Comment

for pure-solitaire games I've owned/played DanVierssonGames Field Commander: Alexander and Fields of Fire.

FC:Alexander is a strategic/operational level game, where you build up troops and send them against stationary "AI" troops. 4 or 5 boards and several scenarios.

DVG also has a FC game for Rommel and a new one for Napoleon coming out.

Fields of Fire is awesome. It has a difficult rule-set to wrap your mind around. But the system does a great job of simulating the command and control issues that a Company Commander would have in maneuvering his company towards an objective. has a modular setup, and alot of replayability. Comes with setups for WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

I ended up trading both away, as I realized that I'd rather Video game if solo...but I kinda want to get another copy of fields of fire.

Comment

No Retreat: The Russian Front by GMT has a good solo-play set of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by lj1983 View Post
          for pure-solitaire games I've owned/played DanVierssonGames Field Commander: Alexander and Fields of Fire.

FC:Alexander is a strategic/operational level game, where you build up troops and send them against stationary "AI" troops. 4 or 5 boards and several scenarios.

DVG also has a FC game for Rommel and a new one for Napoleon coming out.

Fields of Fire is awesome. It has a difficult rule-set to wrap your mind around. But the system does a great job of simulating the command and control issues that a Company Commander would have in maneuvering his company towards an objective. has a modular setup, and alot of replayability. Comes with setups for WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

I ended up trading both away, as I realized that I'd rather Video game if solo...but I kinda want to get another copy of fields of fire.
          Fields of Fire has a 2nd edition coming out. Hopefully the rules will be corrected. I have it on pre-order.
          AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
          The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Ambush was a great game.

"To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X