Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitare Games

Can anyone name a good war game(Board)that can play solitare

Have played Ambush, RAF and B17 Queen of the skies. Of these, I liked Ambush and RAF. B17 is Ok, but there is limited player decision input.

Comment

I pulled out my copy of Ambush (and the three expansions) a few months ago. I noticed that I have listed all the scenarios chronologically. I'm going to clear a spot on my desk for it next week. I would recomend Ambush.
      AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
      The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

I see it already mentioned but I would add another vote for B17 Queen of the Skies as a good one. I believe that there are a few mods out there as well.
        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Patton's Best from Avalon Hill (ie it's out of print) was a great game where you command a Sherman. Outstanding game components too.

Advanced Squad Leader has a solo module. Good luck being able to afford the game it was meant to play solo though
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

not really a solitare game but...

Any of the GCACW games from Avalon Hill/MMP play well solitare.

I have Stonewall's Last Battle set up now.
            It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.-George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by madmike View Post
              Can anyone name a good war game(Board)that can play solitare
              If you like the ACW, I would choose MMP/The Gamers' CWB and RSS systems. If you like tactical WWII, I'd go with the same company's Tactical Combat Series.

Why? Because you don't move until orders go through. Beginning orders are included in most cases. So you can treat each side like you are an automaton. In the meantime, you can write orders for both sides that would benefit each one and let the dice determine when you implement the orders.
              I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Originally posted by TomDeFranco View Post
                If you like the ACW, I would choose MMP/The Gamers' CWB and RSS systems. If you like tactical WWII, I'd go with the same company's Tactical Combat Series.

Why? Because you don't move until orders go through. Beginning orders are included in most cases. So you can treat each side like you are an automaton. In the meantime, you can write orders for both sides that would benefit each one and let the dice determine when you implement the orders.
                I have Objective Schmidt and Bloody Beach Omaha from the TCS and consider both great games. You need ALOT of room for Omaha though...

Most games can be played solitaire, you just have to be honest and try to be unbiased. I played Advanced and standard Squad Leader solitaire for years. I have the solitaire module and it's not too bad.
                If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                  Most games can be played solitaire, you just have to be honest and try to be unbiased. I played Advanced and standard Squad Leader solitaire for years. I have the solitaire module and it's not too bad.
                  I agree with what you wrote above.

I also forgot about that solitaire module. I have it but have not yet played it. Look's like I'll have to dig it out and give it a go.
                  It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.-George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                    I have Objective Schmidt and Bloody Beach Omaha from the TCS and consider both great games. You need ALOT of room for Omaha though...

Regarding the the Gamers' stuff, I think that since you have opening orders to begin with you have a good starting point, from there you just have to write the following orders to the benefit of each side (whichever side you are writing for at the moment). The dice wtll take care of things from there.

There are even some games in which you probably won't need follow up orders - case in point, Perryville.

Think of it as being like a trial lawyer. A good one should be able to argue both sides of a case. In fact there is that old saying that a lawyer never asks a question in crossexamination that he doesn't already know the answer to.
                    I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Avalon Hill; Raid on St Nazaire

Comment

That is a good one too.

Originally posted by Parasocko View Post
                        Avalon Hill; Raid on St Nazaire
                        I have the game but somehow have lost the rulebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Brummbar33 View Post
                          I have the game but somehow have lost the rulebook.
                          look up: LUTZ"s web page: raid on St nazaire

Comment

Fields of Fire from GMT games. Very detailed and uses no dice.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...fields-of-fire

Comment

Originally posted by Mardefeldt View Post
                              Fields of Fire from GMT games. Very detailed and uses no dice.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...fields-of-fire
                              Hmm, thanks for posting that. I've not been aware of this game previously.
                              [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X