X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRDG
    replied
    YEp

I saw just that, I have some time today so I can really give that site the once over.

Cheers, thanks again

Tom

Leave a comment:

• BB-43
    replied
    there is also a Vassal mod of both the games, but I have not used them so can't vouch for how they work for online play. You can find it here - http://www.vassalengine.org/communit...yAll&Itemid=30
    they play alot of games online at the forum mentioned in my previous post, it has a online games sub section and a built in dice roller. Plus lots of scenarios and maps to use.

Leave a comment:

• TRDG
    replied
    Interesting

I'll have to check that out when I have some more ime on my hands!!

Cheers, thanks BB!!

Tom

Leave a comment:

• BB-43
    replied
    There is a great forum for both the land and the sea game at http://aaminis.myfastforum.org I actually found out about this forum in a post there. great community there, lots of game related info.

Leave a comment:

• TRDG
    replied
    Thankds for checking

We are on turn two now and no combat as of yet.we will see this turn though.

Cheers, I know what you mean by the lack of time!!!

Tom

Leave a comment:

• StRyan1868
    replied
    Checked out a little bit, not alot time with work and college.

Leave a comment:

• TRDG
    replied
    No prob

I'll PM you on it in a bit.

Cheers

Tom

Leave a comment:

• StRyan1868
    replied
    Thanks defender! Trdg do you mean your palying war at sea over the net? if so keep me updated like to know how well it works

Leave a comment:

• TRDG
    replied
    I just got some of these

A month or so ago, trying it on a net game , as in running it and we just started.

Cheers, the first player is plotting his movement right now.......

Tom

Leave a comment:

• defender390
    replied
    Originally posted by StRyan1868 View Post
    Can anyone tell me which nations collaborated with each other as far as naval operations go. My main theme is the Atlantic seeing as I got more British, German, French and Italian ships than US and Japan.
    The Advanced Rules allow you to mix any Axis with Axis or any Allied with Allied. However, for historical purposes and restrictions, the Advanced Rules also provide a few tidbits - these should help with your Atlantic fleets.

When designing scenarios, you can decide whether or not to apply historical limits. Historically, some nations never operated together. If you want to enforce historical restrictions to fleet construction, apply the following guidelines:
    • Japanese units can’t go in a fleet with any other nationality.
    • Vichy France: You may include French Ships in an Axis navy. These represent Ships with crews loyal to Vichy France, or Ships taken over by the Germans and used against the Allies.
    • Post-surrender Italy: You may include Italian Ships in an Allied navy in 1943 or later scenarios.
    • Carriers: Fighters, Dive Bombers, and Torpedo Bombers from the United States can base on a United Kingdom Carrier. All other Carriers can only base Aircraft of their own nationality.

While the European Axis and Japan didn’t collaborate in any land-based campaign, there was somewhat more naval cooperation. Similarly, the navies of the United States and Great Britain worked much more closely with the Soviets than the armies of those countries did.

Leave a comment:

• StRyan1868
    replied
    Can anyone tell me which nations collaborated with each other as far as naval operations go. My main theme is the Atlantic seeing as I got more British, German, French and Italian ships than US and Japan.

Leave a comment:

• StRyan1868
    replied
    Didnt even check for updates on rules, thaks. Yeah im probably going to get a few more boosters of WAS then move to Task Force I noticed that set has alot of good US ships.

Leave a comment:

• pmglasser
    replied
    There has been a rules update that you probably need: get i here:
    http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/ru...ifications.pdf

It changes the game a bit, especially with regard to torpedoes&submarines.

Task force is the expansion set. It's really good, adds a lot of good units.

Flank Speed is the 3d expansion, set for this fall i believe.

Leave a comment:

• StRyan1868
    replied
    My girlfreind got me a starter for my B-day. We sat down and hammered through the rules. Talked her into playing by saying its like battle ship only your not cheating when you move the ships.

Right now im trying to build a good german fleet and a Japenese fleet so we can recreate some of the more familar battles.

Leave a comment:

• pmglasser
    replied
    I don't get to play WaS that often but I do have a pretty good collection. One thing I would like to try is my French fleet-I want to put out the Jean Bart and Dunkerque together. THey are about the same price as a regular BB but offer two targets and a lot of HP. The Jean Bart has good armor but weak attacks. The dunkerque has better guns but less armor. It's an interesting combo.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X