5th GUARDS RIFLE Division Comrade Command Bunker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th GUARDS RIFLE Division Comrade Command Bunker

COMRADES, gather around your Strelkovy Commander and Kommisar!!! The might y Red Army has given us the title of a Guards Division for our all out efforts in Operation Mars. And the 5th earned this when we went into even more action at Kursk, putting those German dogs in their place, as it should be!!!

Now we are tasked with doing a recon in force probe on their vaunted Panther defensive line leading to the city of Orsha. STAVKA has informed me that many of the German Divisions have been moved to other locations, in an attempt to foil our FALSE offensive plans elsewhere........

We are many, and they are few, their weapons will not stand up to our manpower, new equipment and even newer organization of our troops.

To your positions my loyal and fearless soldiers and remember this.... Stalin is watching us, the 5th Guards Rifle division. Win this battle and we will end the war, in Berlin no less in no time!! Operation Bagration starts now, with the 5th Guards to lead it off, do not fail me comrades or your faithfull mother Russia!

STAVKA

Here we go comrades, your first Army pic is here.....

Cheers, please no posting on here until I get all the pics and info up. By friday hopefully, I'm running a little late here, work related.....

TRDG
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TRDG; 17 Oct 08, 01:43.

Russian board 1

Boarrd 1 pic with colored lines to designate what squads go to what specific Platoons.

The BLACK LINE designates the Strelkovy HQ commander, 2nd in command and the spray black circle is a missing (at the moment) Battalion Komissar.
    The "red flagged" commander is important because he is the only one who can take a Battalion morale check< if the Ba gets below half strenght as to the Companies attached to it!! The second in command can only take over a Company Command, as he is doing right now for the Maxim HMG Company......

- Regular movement is 6 inchs.
    - Rate of fire for the rifle carrying Commander and 2nd in command is 1 if stationary, the Komissar's pistol is also 1.
    - Range of the rifle is 16 inchs and the pistol is 4 inchs.

The RED LINE designates a God of War Russian Arty battery complete with 4 howitzers and 8 76mm ZIS-3 guns, now that has a nice punch to it, as well as a double Arty template.

- Regular movement of the ZIS-3 guns is 4 inchs with the Russian light gun rule in place, the Howitzers do not move.
    - Rate of fire for a bombardment is 1 per turn if no guns moved (but there is a special rule from the Stalin's Onslaught as well, but more on that later in the game), direct fire is 2 shots for the ZIS-3 gun and 1 for the Howitzer, if they did'nt move that turn.
    - Range is 80 inchs for an Arty barrage and 24 inchs for direct fire per gun

The BLUE LINE designates a Heavy Assault gun Company, 5 ISU -152s!! The models pictured are not the specific ones, but I should have them by next week sometime to put into the game.

- Regular movement is 8 inchs.
    - Rate of fire is 1.
    - Range is 32 inchs for the main gun, the hull MG is 16 inchs.

Of note this gun is a rated as a bunker buster, great firepower and two special rules that I will get into later on in the game.

The YELLOW LINE designates a T-34 Mine rolling Company, 5 T-34s with the mine rollers and 5 without.

- Regualr movement is 12 inchs ( but they still have the Hen and chich 6 inch move and fire only, rule) for the T-34's, but the ones with the mine rollers get a bump in their front armour rating as an extra, but loose the hull MG.
    - Rate of fire is 2 while stationary, and 1 if they moved in that turn, no firing at all if they moved over 6 inchs.....
    - Range of the main gun is 32 inchs, the hull and Co-ax MG has a 16 inch range.

The GREEN LINE designates the 1st Combat Company of the Strelkovy Ba, that is 12 Rifle/MG squads, a commander and a Komissar.

- Regular movement is 6 inchs for all squads.
    - Rate of fire is 2 if stationary for the Rifle/MG squads and the Company Commander, 1 for the pistol packing Komissar.
    - Range for the Rifle/MG is 16 inchs and 4 inchs for the Komissars pistol.

The LIGHT BLUE LINE designates the Maxim HMG Company, 8 HMGs and a commander, who happens to be the battalions 2nd in Command.

- Regular movement is 6 inchs.
    - Rate of fire is 6 for each Maxim and 16 for the 2nd in Commands rifle, if none of them moved in that specific turn. IF the Maxim HMGs do move then they get NO shots at all!!
    - Range for the Maxim HMG is 24 inchs, 16 inchs for the Rifle.

Here is a pic without the lines in them.......

Cheers, time for sleep before work Friday, I'll get back to this then and finish up with the Russian board 2.

TRDG
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TRDG; 17 Oct 08, 03:06.

Comment

Russian board 2

The final pics for the Russian 5th Guards, with the colored lines to designate what specific squads go to what Platoons (Companies)

The RED LINE designates the remainder of the God of War (GoW) Battery, the sprayed red circle is the observer of this GoW Arty Co.

Stats are the same as the Russian board 1 listed.

TheYELLOW LINE indicates the remainder of the T-34 mine roller Company.

Stats are the same as the other board 1 mineroller units.

The GREEN LINE designates the 2nd and last Strelkovy Combat Company. 12 Rifle/MG squads, a Co Comander and a missing Komissar in the sprayed circle that will be there when the game starts....

Stats are the same as the 1st Strelkovy Co on Board 1.

The LIGHT BLUE LINE designates a Stalin II heavy tank Company, with a total of 5 Stalins.

- Regular movement is 8 inchs and are NOT effected by the Hen and Chick rule!!
      - Rate of fire is 1 if stationary for the main gun, and is also 1 when moving, but a little bit harder to hit enemy teams then, the Co-ax MG has a 16 inch range, while the rear turret MG has no rate of fire, but has a special rule if the tanks are in an assault.
      - Range for the main gun is 32 inchs with some heavy AT and firepower whlile the Co-ax MG has the basic 16 inch range.

And another pic with no colored lines is below to get a better feel of the Platoons...

And another one here.......

Cheers from STAVKA, I will post a couple more pics on the main thread, then take some questions on this thread for the Russians ONLY (AND the Germans for their sub-thread) BEFORE I PM their reserves and put the objectives down on the table.

TRDG
      Attached Files

Comment

OK comrades

STAVKA here, so are you almost ready to take the fight into Orsha soon?

But first things first,

1. lets take a roll call, so just post on this sub-thread that you, Armor11, Soccer DJ amd Iron Wolf have all checked the 3 threads in the game and are almost ready to go, sound good?

Next, you guys might also post the times and days/nights that you will usually be here on the ACG site for the game or in general (or PM each others E-Mail). That way you guys can hook up on a given day and post or PM or E-Mail what you think you want your Battalion's Platoons to do for that turn.
        Now, if your times don't jive with each other, just post your thoughts for the turn here, on this thread, so when your other team members come on and check, they can see what you might want to do. Just be sure you are not talking about more than the turn at hand, German "spies" can be everywhere ya know!! Use PMs for specific long term strats!!

2. With three people on the same team, start picking Platoons that each of you run, you can ask another Platoon "leader" to do something but the player who has control of it has the final word, so to speak. Or you can have a general commander of the forces in which others will give input to him as to what their Army/Company should/will/ won't do on a given turn.
        The main thing here is to get EVERYONE involved and HAVE FUN playing the game.

3. The Russians start the first turn, after I roll the prelim Arty bombardment. Some things to think about might be, how do you want to take the objectives, fast, slow somewhere in between? There seems to be a bit of time (turns) to actaully "stand off" and try to weaken the Germans, maybe that way, BUT the Germans get reserve rolls just like the Russians do, so things that look good in turn two may not be the same in turn 3, weigh your options very carefully here Comrades.

Cheers, Damn, I was going to make this a short post here, sorry guys, and if you have any probs on anything, don't hesitate to post em' here, and/or PMs are always welcome as well to me.

TRDG

OOPS, I almost forgot, I would like to get one FULL turn in per week, that is orders for the Russians and Germans for their movement and shooting, but I am flexible here, so this is'nt set in stone (up to you guys here really depending on each players schedule and all). And if one of you happen to bee called away for a while, just let your team know about it, and me please before you leave, thanks!!

Tom
        Last edited by TRDG; 18 Oct 08, 00:14.

Comment

Reporting for Duty

Yo.

Armor11 reporting for duty. I've looked over the battlefields and am now confused enough to issue contradictory and deadly orders to our slaves, er, soldiers.

I can play any evening, but I am on the left coast.

I don't care which platoons I run. (If you guys would rather run by consensus, that's ok by me too.)

Do you guys have Ventrilo or Skype? It might be easier to have a conversation about our plans and then just post our orders.

Tim
          "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
          -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

SoccerDJ reporting for duty. Im usually on in the evening EST. I would'nt mind running as a consensus in case one of us commanders gets to heavy into the Vodka

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Thanks Comrades for the roll call posts.

Iron Wolf has PMed me so he is here and looking at the threads, but has'nt posted here yet is all.

DJ, did you understand my reply to your PM question and did you guys get my "corrections" on the 10 hits to pin deal, which is really 5 hits for ya, sorry guys, it's in the main rule book (and I did'nt "house rule it different either" LOL), page 182 for Tim, from the hard cover edition.

Cheers

STAVKA

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                DJ, did you understand my reply to your PM question and did you guys get my "corrections" on the 10 hits to pin deal, which is really 5 hits for ya, sorry guys, it's in the main rule book (and I did'nt "house rule it different either" LOL), page 182 for Tim, from the hard cover edition.
                STAVKA
                Yep, got the correction on pinning. My bad.

I suspect that won't be the last time I get a rule wrong...

Tim
                "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
                -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

No prob Tim

I'm far from perfect myself, let me tell you!!! I have houseruled some rules, so don't be surprised on some things, if we get to them.

Cheers

STAVKA

Comment

I'm reporting for command. Being the newbie, do I get to lead the human wave?

Comment

Thanks for reporting in IronWolf

The wire and mines are exactly where they are pictured in the main thread (no more and no less), the German 15cm guns are the best fielded yet, for the Germans in Flames of War so far.

The "gun bunker" on the right has an 88 in it (posted on the German sub-thread), AND I forgot to mention 1 HMG as well, sorry for the slip there. So 1 88 and one HMG in the right side bunker in "front" of the German big gun Arty side.

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                        Iron Wolf has PMed me so he is here and looking at the threads, but has'nt posted here yet is all.

Cheers

STAVKA
                        Yeah your reply made good sense I just missed it in the pictures... I've really got lay of the Vodka but its the only keeps me going during those long nights on the front lines

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Roger that

I'm glad you guys are kind of getting this so far, Monday night after work (11:30 CST) for me, I'll PM your reserve list, then dependig how tired I am..... I will put up the Pics on the objectives, then do the pre-first turn bombardment on the Germans, post some more pics on the damage done.....
                          Then post more pics on your range of fire and/or an "inchs" scale from where your troops are. THEN you guys can have at it as to discussing what you want to do, here in this sub-thread for this first turn only and PMs as well (remember spies are everywhere) and PM stratsfor further along in the game to each other as desired (or go to another secure site and talk about it, E-Mails work as well)

The Germans have one choice to make, then grin and "bear it" LOL until your Battalion is done with their half of the moving then shooting side of things, then it their turn to move and shoot. And if everything goes right, that will be the end of turn 1.

Cheers, you guys will see how basic it really is once each side does one turn here. I have all the "fun" stuff to do over here on my end in between.

STAVKA
                          Last edited by TRDG; 20 Oct 08, 19:36.

Comment

The Rusian Batalion Force in Companies on the battlefield.

1. Guards Strelkovy Battalion

A. HQ of 1 Ba Commander, 2nd in Command and 1 Ba Komissar, total of 3 stands.

Combat Companies

B. 1 Strelkovy Infrantry Company, 12 Infrantry, 1 Komissar and 1 Company Commander, total stands are 14.

C. 1 Strelkovy Infrantry Company, 12 Infrantry, 1 Komissar and 1 Company Commander, total stands are 14.

D. 1 HMG Company, 8 HMG Maxim HMGs, the Company Commander is the HQ 2nd in Command team.

Support Companies

E. 1 Mine Roller Tank Company, 5 T-34 tanks with mine Rollers and 5 T-34 tanks without, total of 10 tanks.
                            Rated as Confident Trained, so they will take a hit (unmodified) on a 3+ six sided dice roll, and pass a motivation test on a 4+ six sided dice roll.

F. 1 Shock Artillery Company, 4 Howitzers, 8 ZiS-3 guns, 1 Staff team, 1 observer and 1 Company Commander, total stands are 15.

Corps Support Companies

G. 1 Heavy Assault gun Company, 5 SU 152s.

H. 1 Heavy Tank Company, 5 Stalin II tanks.

For a total of 7 Companies (that we know of) out of this Battalion, so if they go under 4 Companies as to Ba strength, a Battalion morale check would be needed to continue the fight for Orsha. The Battalion Commander needs a 3+ on a six sided dice to pass that morale check!!

Unless noted otherwise, all the Russian Companies are rated as Fearless Trained, so a 3+ on a six sided dice is needed (unmodified from terrain, gone to ground, range, dug in..) to hit them. And a 3+ for any morale checks tthey need to pass.

I wonder if there is a seond Ba somewhere behind the front lines, just waiting to sprig into action from reserves.......

Cheers from STAVKA

Comment

The movement range pic

Lets see here

Now, the Purple line indicates the MAXIMUM range of the farthest movement forward unit of each Russian Company. You can move "at the double" (double their movement) if you want, but the Germans get DOUBLE the rate of fire in their shooting part of the turn for any Russian Company that does so. The catch here is that as of now some German Platoons are pinned down, BUT they may not be on their side of the turn if the dice rolls go their way, 4+ on a six sided dice to "motivate" and get unpinned. Armoured units are not effected by being pinned down!!!

Cheers from STAVKA, does this work for you Comrades?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X