No announcement yet.

78th STURM Division Command Bunker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom, first off, you deserve a damn citation for running this game as long as you did and keeping the game "alive" if you will. Now having played my first two games at the shop on Sunday, albeit small ones, I can't believe the amount of time and effort for what, 9 or 10 months now that we've been at this? Well, the fact that I purchased a Tiger co. and am painting them up should tell you that I enjoyed it. Yeah, I'm hooked. I hope others who followed along or checked in from time to time got their money's worth. Ths is a great system, although based in history and not meant to be a simulation, I think the results of the games I just played and this one can be looked at as somewhat of a representation of actual results. I would do another one soon.. I don't think I played that bad considering I jumped in the deep end with no life jacket. My competitive nature expected to win, but am glad in the end it was close. Time was great to play with and I hope this is the first of many. Just let me finish those Tigers...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war"...Plato

Comment

• Thanks to you guys as well

I had as much fun as you guys, alomost I bet, wondering what each turn would bring. I liked that it all was'nt to cut and dried as to the turns in the battle, some choices (good and not so good) had to be made, then the dice decided in the end. What worked here in this game would not be as advisable in a "regulr" game of FoW. You saw that Tim likes to manuever with light forces as his general pref in FoW games, which can work failry well depending on what your matched up with from the other sides platoons.

So how did those 2 small games go by the way?

Cheers, maybe I'll run the recon one we were talking about beofre here and let you two go at it, that should interest Tim as well I bet. I need to wrap up a couple more games at the other place before I can run anohter FoW one here, but you never know....

Tom

Tom

Comment

• I went 1 and 1 for the day. My force consisted of a platoon of Panzer IVs, two platoons of two Tigers each with a force commander Tiger. I've got some pics once I figure the issue with uploading them. Oh, and I had rude awakening to the airpower rules...

Comment

• Not a bad start in FoW

I think I remember losing the first 6-8 games when I first started FoW.
          In the V-1 rules air was to powerfull, it just killed the game for many. No ranging in just went to hit under the template, so that was fairly devasating to your forces as 995 of the targets were your most critical Platoons, if the opponent knows his stuff. No with the ranging in as well as the "to hit", its more of an arty type deal, and causes a lot less kills over all.
          I hope for something in between (no clue what that might be!) for next basic rule set change in a couple years, I bet right after Late-War is done and we are all "in" Berlin dividing the spoils with the Russians.......

Cheers, can you get your dig pics onto your document folder on your computer at least? Then you should be set, PM me if they are there, but you can't upload them here to ACG.

Tom

Comment

• Here is one of my

Tiger IIs for FoW that I did a while ago, you may have seen it before, but just in case Mark.....

Cheers, not perfect by a long stretch, but I like how it turned out in the end.

Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

• And a Company of Tiger I's Mark

"Wittmann in action in the Eastern front" LOL

And this

along with this

Cheers, still doing some touch ups though....

Tom
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice...they are now in my profile. Thanks.

Comment

• No prob

You did'nt see any "green tinge" on them for the base color, did ya, just kidding bud!!

The best way to find the parts and flaws missed is to get a good blow up pic and then you can see what you have to do to get it better.

Note I redid the tracks and I still missed some of the holes betwen the tracks!!! After I painted it, to my eyes there were no places the paint did'nt get into, how wrong I was.....

Cheers

Tom

Comment

• Nice pics Tom.....thanks.

Comment

• Not a problem

So how goes your test game, how far are you now?

Cheers

Tom

Comment

• 1418 Days

Gzhatsk has fallen, Kaluga is being enveloped, Orel was bypassed and cut off some 125 kilometers to the east. In the north, Toropets is beseiged. Also, Tula is only 50K from the front.

Comment

• I see

So the "next guy" did about as cough....cough "well" as I did (playing the Russians) way back when I take it (but I bet better "map skills!!")?

Cheers, good luck on all your gaming adventures and I hope to see your game on the market in the future

Tom

Comment

• Let's face it,

Even the real Guderian couldn't help the Soviets at this point.

Comment

• Hhmm

That does'nt sound like to much fun, for the Russians that is. LOL

Cheers, let me know when you get your forces to Moscow, and beyond!!

Tom

Comment

• DON'T mind me or the old game thread

Same deal as the old game thread below this....

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X