Future Interactive Game Format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Interactive Game Format?

As there are a few "interactive games" going on at this site right now I figured I would throw this out and see what kind of feedback it might generate. Right now there are 2 variations of games being run here.

One is a poll driven type game with the forum members choosing from available options and playing on one side such as these:
    ACG: Buchholz Station
    ITS #3. Vierville, June7 - 1944

The others are actual boardgames being played on the forums;
    The Guards Counterattack. Interactive Game
    Napoleonic Interactive Naval Game

Basically, what kind of game format (Poll Driven or Actual Boardgame) would you like to see more of run here.
    Poll Driven Interactve Games.
    16.67%
    Actual Boardgame Interactve Games.
    0.00%
    Either is fine with me.
    83.33%
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

I like poll driven games because of the discussion it generates.
    I was thinking of running something where squads are assigned to individuals. However, from my last experience having people actually play the units ends up with a couple guys having to prod folks for information. Also, running poll driven games is a lot easier and more fun for me.

How has your experience been DD?
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      I like poll driven games because of the discussion it generates.
      I was thinking of running something where squads are assigned to individuals. However, from my last experience having people actually play the units ends up with a couple guys having to prod folks for information. Also, running poll driven games is a lot easier and more fun for me.

How has your experience been DD?
      I think a lot depends on the game itself. ASL is way too complex to assign individual units and have forum members play against each other so Poll Driven would be my preferred method. BUT Wooden Ships and Iron Men is fairly basic and is "I go - You go" and seems to be running very smoothly in a player commanding each ship format. I'm thinking a game like Circus Maximus would be very similar as would Richthofen's War. Both could be made to run on the forums with players controlling each unit.
      [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Both for me

I can't just see doing one all the time, I say alternate them if possible.........

Cheers, how about an actual dig pic game, you guys know what I mean here I bet!!

Cheers

Tom

Comment

The guy who is doing the work gets to decide.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X